OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Bit her and left scratches on her?

[Video]

But seriously, damn Kane. Throw the book on him if guilty

Edit: damn, on another report people defending Kane saying she initiated it by throwing herself on him all night at the club. Obviously still okay for a rape. Wut[/Video]

Last edited:
New Ducks and Avs alternates. Finally the Mighty Ducks logo makes a return. Kesler jersey will def be bought. :pimp:

Eh I like them,but then again I feel like Detroit can do no wrong when it comes to unis with their color scheme + logo :lol:

Last edited:
Where do you guys for specifically NHL fitteds? Besides the regular lids,Nhl.com?

No one,they just cropped him out 
laugh.gif

100% agree on MVPrice getting it instead,we've had enough Blackhawks-centric cover recently 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I didn't know they had that cover. What happened to player voting? I'd like to see Price too. Whens the last time they had a Canadian team on an EA game, Iginla?

They got rid of it this year it seems 
mean.gif
,it was actually Phaneuf for NHL 09 back when he was in Calgary. Been too long,EA's pulling a Bettman

Last edited:
I didn't know they had that cover. What happened to player voting? I'd like to see Price too. Whens the last time they had a Canadian team on an EA game, Iginla?

NHL 09, Dion Phaneuf Calgary. Think one year had a seden brother on it as well.

Completely forgot about Phaneuf. The again he hasn't done much in TOR, only an extra letter patch on his jersey. :smh:

Looked it up, two Flames and two Canucks. Iginla - Phaneuf, McLean - Naslund.

There have been some alternate covers in certain cities. I would've liked that PK Subban or Roman Josi covers lol

Pretty sad how strong the efforts are of ESPN to bury giant news stories that they want to bury.

Click all over ESPN.com and their 15,000 news stories and the only mention of Pat Kane you can find is a small story about EA Sports removing his image.

Possibly the hottest name in the NHL right now gets accused of rape and they do not want us to know about it because he is a lily-white NHL superstar.

But that black NFL player gets into a scuffle on the sidelines of training camp? Breaking news and 400 different stories and takes about it plastered all over their site.

Nothing new here, just amazing the severity of this routine even in 2015.

Pretty sad how strong the efforts are of ESPN to bury giant news stories that they want to bury.

Click all over ESPN.com and their 15,000 news stories and the only mention of Pat Kane you can find is a small story about EA Sports removing his image.

Possibly the hottest name in the NHL right now gets accused of rape and they do not want us to know about it because he is a lily-white NHL superstar.

But that black NFL player gets into a scuffle on the sidelines of training camp? Breaking news and 400 different stories and takes about it plastered all over their site.

Nothing new here, just amazing the severity of this routine even in 2015.
I'm not disputing you, because you do make a valid point, but I wonder if part of the lack of attention is due to it being hockey.

They did the obligatory mention the day the story first broke but then completely swept it under the rug and the Buffalo News is basically the only news outlet digging into it or reporting on it.

Again - I do not expect everything to be equal when it comes to the mighty ESPN machine. But it always is amazing to me how they protect that white superstar rep while destroying any "brash" black player at every waking moment (and I am not one who gets into race topics in sports).

Go ask Mr. golden boy Phil Mickelson how thankful he is for the ESPN and national media protective bubble. This is a man who has had the FBI and SEC look into him for insider trading, including pulling him off the golf course during a tournament, followed by Phil also reportedly being linked to a $2.75 million overseas betting and laundry operation. You do not hear a word about it. Which is not always noticeable until you realize this is a news organization so thirsty for news and scandal in any sport that it will spend 7 full days discussing why Tiger Woods threw his club one hole.

I do not know whether Kane is guilty or not. But to be ESPN and pretend the story is not a story is fascinating stuff here.

I'm not disputing you, because you do make a valid point, but I wonder if part of the lack of attention is due to it being hockey.

For sure that plays a part of it - but also remember what they did for Ben Roethlisberger a few years back and burying his story, among others.

I agree with RyGuy for the most part. Even though it's hockey, you'd think that one of the biggest stars in the league (who's American btw) and current cup champ would warrant at a little more attention for suspected rape than they've shown...

Back
Top Bottom