OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Seems like a mess

I'm in favor of the majority of teams being above the Mason Dixon line. Just more of a northern sport (with certain cities being exceptions)

ANY market can be successful with good management/ownership and most importantly sustained success. That's the difference between NSH/ANA/SJ/TB and FLA/AZ/ATL. If you don't win games people aren't going to spend money on the team. Doesn't matter where you are outside of a handful of teams. Or are we just going to ignore how close the Pens came to moving to Kansas City before they got Sid or how bad Blackhawks attendance was before Kane/Toews?

Just read about the coyotes mess today, smh. Local govt getting buyers remorse 2 years in, gonna leave a brand new public arena totally empty. That point about the Super Bowl events being in Scottsdale is ridiculous.

I'd say they play out home games in PHX and hopefully move to the PNW. Is Vegas still on the table? :nerd:

People are blaming bettmans obsession with southern expansion would bettman/the nhl really put in effort against Glendale to keep the yotes there?

Yes, but only as an expansion team. Season ticket sales are up over 13k. All that's left is for the BoG to vote later this month whether to start the expansion process.

The league isn't going to relocate here when Foley is willing to pay the 500m expansion fee. Seattle doesn't have an arena and likely won't until they get an NBA team. Portland has an arena and Paul Allen wants the NHL, but doesn't want to pay the expansion fee. Coyotes to Portland is seemingly a perfect fit.

Last edited:
Since 2000: Pro sports franchises with a period of 3 titles over a 6-year-span:

Lakers - '00, '01, '02
Patriots - '01, '03, '04
Spurs - '03, '05, '07
SF Giants - '10, '12, '14
Blackhawks- '10, '13, '15?

Hawks won 2010 title in Game 6 on the road.
Hawks won 2013 title in Game 6 on the road.

This year: Game 6 at CHI, Game 7 at TB. Bet wisely.

Gil, I don't remember your exact SN so I can't @ you, but where should I catch game 6 on Monday? Gonna be in Tampa for 6 and a potential game 7...definitely going downtown if game 7 happens. PM me.

Back
Top Bottom