OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

started planning my annual road trip to catch the bruins on 2-3 games with my best friend. looking at ONE the following:

October: Wings, Habs, and Sabres
November: Leafs, Habs
January: Stars, Avs
February: Blues, Hawks

definitely want to catch a game at the Joe before it closes, but that's not happening for a couple years still, right? we're leaning towards the January or February trips. we're doing that whole, "watch your team play in every opposing arena" thing. there's a couple monster west coast trips that would be awesome but doesn't work out this year with deadlines at work.

DSA, let me know if you swing through Toronto at all.

Be glad give you guys a tour of the city's finest watering holes.

definitely will do, man. i appreciate it. right now we're between Leafs & Habs or Blues & Hawks. trying to see what works with our schedules at work.

Man.... August and September suck as an NHL fan. So close but so far away... 

seriously. for me personally, July is THE WORST sports month of the year. at least in august EPL and football starts up. but the wait for hockey definitely sucks. far and above my favorite sport.

Will not be purchasing NHL 15 if EASHL is not in the game as rumors are picking up. 

No confirmation yet but EA also has not said a damn thing

Son was GONEEEEEEE

Malone, 34, waived his Miranda rights and told Visser he didn't know where the 1.3 grams of cocaine came from, according to discovery documents the Tampa Bay Times received Tuesday through a public records request.

Malone told Visser he didn't believe the officer planted the drugs on him, according to the documents, but he was "baffled" because he was wearing the same jeans for three days.

"I asked where it came from," Visser wrote in his report. "And he said he was just shocked."

Link

It looks to be super accurate; Boston riding the referees to victory has been implemented nicely. 

Buffalo in all reality is a year or two away for sure. but they would be a surprise team no doubt.

the Isles are a good one. i can't remember how they were doing, but weren't they in the race before Tavares went down?

Buffalo in all reality is a year or two away for sure. but they would be a surprise team no doubt.

the Isles are a good one. i can't remember how they were doing, but weren't they in the race before Tavares went down?
Fringe contenders on the outside looking in. Tavares is ready to return with a vengeance. I want to see him emerge as a top-3 to top-5 player in the league. Has the hands and skill to do it.

Shoddy goaltending and defense was their downfall.

I think the Islanders have a chance this year, with Tavares healthy for (hopefully) the whole year

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they make the playoffs 2 years ago?

I think the Islanders have a chance this year, with Tavares healthy for (hopefully) the whole year

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they make the playoffs 2 years ago?
Didn't they push the Pens to the brink? High-scoring affairs with no netminding. I remember Okposo showing out.

that was a damn good one.

avalanche and devils in '01 was a favorite of mine. lot of favorite players on colorado

that was a damn good one.

avalanche and devils in '01 was a favorite of mine. lot of favorite players on colorado
Was that like Forsberg, Sakic, Roy, Chelios, Borque?

no chelios i don't think but bourque, blake, foote. sakic, foresberg, deadmarsh, and my dude drury. loved that team. and of course, roy was on that team. my all time favorite goalie.

man i feel old now :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom