**Official Heat Games Thread: 2010-2011 REG. SEASON ENDING (58-24)**Heat fam, check-in 1 last time!!

Ever since the beginning of the season when we were having our ups and downs and even now I always feel myself defending The Miami Heat not from the haters, but bandwagon fans.

Just today I heard a couple people saying that the season was over. It's not even the All Star break and because the big three sat out a practice people think that the season is over? Really?!!

And to address that Chris Bosh quote.... That man's argument has a lot of validity to it. All season people have been taking cheap shots at the players on the Heat. Teams with nothing to play for get up to play for the Heat and it's a badge of honor to beat this team by any means necessary. I think that after that last game Bosh was just expressing his frustration, but to all my fellow Heat fans on NT... stay classy and continue to represent the fan base right. We are a world class organization and I want us fans to reflect this as well.

Well stated Spottie!! "Spot on" if you will lol ...... I will continue as I have in the past, endorse the notion that this Heat team makes the league that much more competitive. Where organizations are playing stellar and playoff style basketball against them to GM's attempting to solidify their personnel via trades, free agency's, and Melo rumors lol. True fans of any team organization should never waiver in faith and neither will we.

Well stated Spottie!! "Spot on" if you will lol ...... I will continue as I have in the past, endorse the notion that this Heat team makes the league that much more competitive. Where organizations are playing stellar and playoff style basketball against them to GM's attempting to solidify their personnel via trades, free agency's, and Melo rumors lol. True fans of any team organization should never waiver in faith and neither will we.

People know that our starting 5 is one of the best, if not the best in the league today. So for the sake of argument let's analyze the top teams' bench players and assume they are all healthy. Also lets look at their performance from a playoff perspective and keep in mind that most teams only rotate 8-10 players in the playoffs.

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Eastern Conference[/color]
Miami Heat
Mike Miller
Udonis Haslem

Joel Anthony

Mario Chalmers

Juwan Howard
Erick Dampier

Boston Celtics
Glen Davis
Jermaine O'Neal

Kendrick Perkins

Nate Robinson
Von Wafer
Delonte West

Orlando Magic
Gilbert Arenas
J.J. Redick

Ryan Anderson
Chris Duhon

Quentin Richardson
Earl Clark

Western Conference

Dallas Mavericks
Jason Terry
Brendan Haywood
Jose Barea
Shawn Marion

San Antonio Spurs
Matt Bonner
George Hill
Antonio McDyess

Gary Neal

Chris Quinn

LA Lakers
Matt Barnes
Steve Blake
Shannon Brown
Lamar Odom

Luke Walton

People know that our starting 5 is one of the best, if not the best in the league today. So for the sake of argument let's analyze the top teams' bench players and assume they are all healthy. Also lets look at their performance from a playoff perspective and keep in mind that most teams only rotate 8-10 players in the playoffs.

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Eastern Conference[/color]
Miami Heat
Mike Miller
Udonis Haslem

Joel Anthony

Mario Chalmers

Juwan Howard
Erick Dampier

Boston Celtics
Glen Davis
Jermaine O'Neal

Kendrick Perkins

Nate Robinson
Von Wafer
Delonte West

Orlando Magic
Gilbert Arenas
J.J. Redick

Ryan Anderson
Chris Duhon

Quentin Richardson
Earl Clark

Western Conference

Dallas Mavericks
Jason Terry
Brendan Haywood
Jose Barea
Shawn Marion

San Antonio Spurs
Matt Bonner
George Hill
Antonio McDyess

Gary Neal

Chris Quinn

LA Lakers
Matt Barnes
Steve Blake
Shannon Brown
Lamar Odom

Luke Walton

From a talent perspective the Lakers have the most talented bench players in the league. On the other end of that spectrum the Spurs bench, although talented, are unproven. It is going to be very interesting seeing what team comes out on top in the West.

In the Eastern conference it's pretty even as far a bench talent IMO. Most players have avg talent and experience. I think the biggest factor is gonna be match-ups and who plays who in the playoffs.

Where do the Heat fit in? Well there are 3 key factors affecting the Miami Heat
1. Getting Haslem back
2. Bringing Mike Miller up to speed
2. Integrating a solid rotation of 1st and 2nd team players

Keep in mind that after the All-Star break the Heat have a pretty soft schedule and with the playoffs beginning on April 16th that gives Haslem about a month to get back into game shape. By then Mike Miller should be playing more consistent ball and getting 20-25 minutes a night. So at the the end of the day I expect the Heat to come into the playoffs with some momentum and hopefully it leads to success...

From a talent perspective the Lakers have the most talented bench players in the league. On the other end of that spectrum the Spurs bench, although talented, are unproven. It is going to be very interesting seeing what team comes out on top in the West.

In the Eastern conference it's pretty even as far a bench talent IMO. Most players have avg talent and experience. I think the biggest factor is gonna be match-ups and who plays who in the playoffs.

Where do the Heat fit in? Well there are 3 key factors affecting the Miami Heat
1. Getting Haslem back
2. Bringing Mike Miller up to speed
2. Integrating a solid rotation of 1st and 2nd team players

Keep in mind that after the All-Star break the Heat have a pretty soft schedule and with the playoffs beginning on April 16th that gives Haslem about a month to get back into game shape. By then Mike Miller should be playing more consistent ball and getting 20-25 minutes a night. So at the the end of the day I expect the Heat to come into the playoffs with some momentum and hopefully it leads to success...

@roboski

Your post was mad confusing. Were saying that if the Heat had D. Fisher we would be the number one team in the league? If so, then that is an interesting thought. He would fit right in IMO. He can shoot, take care of the ball, and draws fouls on offensive players. He also has a lot of intangibles like being a leader and a veteran with 5 rings. A definite upgrade over Arroyo at the PG position.

BUT I don't like dealing with too many "what ifs." At best, the Heat have an opportunity to win a Championship and having a legit shot is good enough for me. It's up to the players and coaches to do the rest.

@roboski

Your post was mad confusing. Were saying that if the Heat had D. Fisher we would be the number one team in the league? If so, then that is an interesting thought. He would fit right in IMO. He can shoot, take care of the ball, and draws fouls on offensive players. He also has a lot of intangibles like being a leader and a veteran with 5 rings. A definite upgrade over Arroyo at the PG position.

BUT I don't like dealing with too many "what ifs." At best, the Heat have an opportunity to win a Championship and having a legit shot is good enough for me. It's up to the players and coaches to do the rest.

lets just take care of this home court stretch we got coming up ..ATL is coming off a win that took everything out of them to pull out ...
we need to attack early !!

lets just take care of this home court stretch we got coming up ..ATL is coming off a win that took everything out of them to pull out ...

My bad I was trying to compare what u said about injuries to certain players on the Heat to something i said in the Laker thread and got chewed out for it. Some Laker fan quoted what I said about Derek Fisher back in July 2010 saying "How if Fisher signs with the Heat it would be over for the Lakers". Considering how pivotal and clutch he was by helping them win there 2 in a row NBA Championships. Its been almost a half a year already and the kid still wont let it go I think i ruined his Hanukkah.

My bad I was trying to compare what u said about injuries to certain players on the Heat to something i said in the Laker thread and got chewed out for it. Some Laker fan quoted what I said about Derek Fisher back in July 2010 saying "How if Fisher signs with the Heat it would be over for the Lakers". Considering how pivotal and clutch he was by helping them win there 2 in a row NBA Championships. Its been almost a half a year already and the kid still wont let it go I think i ruined his Hanukkah.

Originally Posted by bdis1986

Yep, attacking early is key. I noticed that in the blowout victories, the Heat have attacked early in the 1st quarter and(or) 3rd quarters.

Next up is ATL... Now its time for them to get back to their winning ways and keep up their championship habits. And as a bonus I hope its a blowout victory so Mike Miller can get some good minutes.
pimp.gif

To roboski, it is true that injuries have greatly affected this Heat team, but great teams find a way to win regardless of the situation. But rest assured... this Heat team and organization will always put themselves in the best position possible to finish the season strong. It's not an easy road but we have the tools to get there. And don't worry about the haters. Only losers go through all that trouble to discredit someone on a message board
laugh.gif

Yep, attacking early is key. I noticed that in the blowout victories, the Heat have attacked early in the 1st quarter and(or) 3rd quarters.

Next up is ATL... Now its time for them to get back to their winning ways and keep up their championship habits. And as a bonus I hope its a blowout victory so Mike Miller can get some good minutes.
pimp.gif

To roboski, it is true that injuries have greatly affected this Heat team, but great teams find a way to win regardless of the situation. But rest assured... this Heat team and organization will always put themselves in the best position possible to finish the season strong. It's not an easy road but we have the tools to get there. And don't worry about the haters. Only losers go through all that trouble to discredit someone on a message board
laugh.gif

Word, I much as I like the Heat comeback wins.
I'd rather see them dominate the game.

Word, I much as I like the Heat comeback wins.
I'd rather see them dominate the game.

http://[h3]Bosh out Tuesday[/h3]
11:50AM ET

[h5]Chris Bosh | Heat [/h5]

UPDATE: Bosh will indeed miss Tuesday's game, according to Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

The Heat don't play again until Saturday. So it's possible Bosh getting a full week of rest will allow him to be activated again when the Heat take on the Raptors at home.

--

Chris Bosh suffered a left ankle injury on Saturday night in a loss to the Bulls.

And though, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst, "the initial prognosis is that it wasn't a severe sprain," Bosh could have an MRI in the next few days to determine the severity.

The Heat next play Tuesday against the Hawks at home, so Bosh will get another few days to rest the ankle.

But, for now, there's no overriding indication he'll be able to play.

It's possible the Heat could go with Joel Anthony in Bosh's spot at power forward if he's unable to play Tuesday.

http://[h3]Bosh out Tuesday[/h3]
11:50AM ET

[h5]Chris Bosh | Heat [/h5]

UPDATE: Bosh will indeed miss Tuesday's game, according to Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

The Heat don't play again until Saturday. So it's possible Bosh getting a full week of rest will allow him to be activated again when the Heat take on the Raptors at home.

--

Chris Bosh suffered a left ankle injury on Saturday night in a loss to the Bulls.

And though, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst, "the initial prognosis is that it wasn't a severe sprain," Bosh could have an MRI in the next few days to determine the severity.

The Heat next play Tuesday against the Hawks at home, so Bosh will get another few days to rest the ankle.

But, for now, there's no overriding indication he'll be able to play.

It's possible the Heat could go with Joel Anthony in Bosh's spot at power forward if he's unable to play Tuesday.

Bosh out tonight will definitely put a lot of pressure on the bench big men to step up and supply aggressive rebounding. However, pressure that they sorely need ...

Bosh out tonight will definitely put a lot of pressure on the bench big men to step up and supply aggressive rebounding. However, pressure that they sorely need ...

Back
Top Bottom