Official HBO's The Newsroom Thread Vol: Season 3

For some reason I never realized that the lead character was the same guy from Dumb and Dumber.

Mind = mildly blown!

I think the critics were unnecessarily harsh on early episodes, it's evident that the show is growing into its own. Loving it thus far :pimp:

I think the critics were unnecessarily harsh on early episodes, it's evident that the show is growing into its own. Loving it thus far
pimp.gif
cannot stand the incessant fast talking. And everybody on the show is sooo smart...worst HBO show ever!

Yeah I do agree, the pretentious parts are getting fewer and farther between though. And I do feel that the writing is blah at times, but the past couple of episodes have been entertaining and added depth. I also was apprehensive with the whole "current event 6 months later" approach, and admit now that I was wrong.

I think the critics were unnecessarily harsh on early episodes, it's evident that the show is growing into its own. Loving it thus far
pimp.gif
cannot stand the incessant fast talking. And everybody on the show is sooo smart...worst HBO show ever!
This.

I like the goal of the show and the way they're using real life events... But every single conversation is loaded with 1 liners and quips and so on.

I love this show, but I understand why there are so many that hate it. This past Sunday's episode was a good one, BUT if there was one episode I'd support critics and haters in ripping it would be this one.

It was absurdly unrealistic. Will would never go on air high, he would never not check his email for such a long period of time in that situation etc.

I was watching it and just knew there would be heavy bashing and backlash. Oh well, show has been excellent, looking forward to all the upcoming episodes.

Just watched the Bin Laden episode on my DVR & loved it. Just dawned on me while watching that one of the production staff was Tom Walker on Showtime's Homeland. The actor's name is Chris Chalk & his character's name on Newroom is Gary Cooper. The preview for the rest of the season had me jonesin' for next week & onward...

I was mistaken earlier when I said the Koch brothers' name wasn't real. Thought the last name was different. Been reading up on them. They are a pretty nefarious duo. They do a lot of evil in this world....

I love this show, but I understand why there are so many that hate it. This past Sunday's episode was a good one, BUT if there was one episode I'd support critics and haters in ripping it would be this one.

It was absurdly unrealistic. Will would never go on air high, he would never not check his email for such a long period of time in that situation etc.

I was watching it and just knew there would be heavy bashing and backlash. Oh well, show has been excellent, looking forward to all the upcoming episodes.

Amazing show!

I just finished the 4th EP and it was the BEST so far. Great writers, witty script, and charismatic cast. I can't believe I slept so long. I still got 2 more EPs to catch up on.

This is going to sound crazy but a story just leaked on a secret system called "TrapWire."

Supposedly its the SAME thing they were talking about in this episode. Everyone google it. 

Last edited:
lulz @ the troll part
olivia munn needs to sit that fat a** on my face :wow: :tongue:
trapwire eh? guess having freedom was fun while it lasted :smh:

i like this show, but those first 3 or 4 episodes were pretty brutal. and stop trying to force me to believe Olivia Munn can act. because she cannot.

Back
Top Bottom