Official HBO's The Newsroom Thread Vol: Season 3

Havent finished this episode yet but this laundromat scene has me feeling like theyre just dumbin down the series
mean.gif

Shes kinda gross man.

I kinda like this show but the writing sometimes is a bit eh to me. Who talks like this?

She has a big pooch which weirds me out b/c she seems so slim. Maybe it's the dresses they wears that make her look like that. She does jiggle a lot which is a welcome distraction from her neurotic behavior.

idk man this seasons episodes are kinda boring compared to how good last seasons especially the last couple of episodes of the first season was. Like did they just drop the plot of the phone tapping or the people tryna kill will? idk man i wish they woulda continued some of the plots. and what about wills and mckinzies love thing and them rekindling it idk man. so far its been a let down. cant believe true blood has been the better show this season

idk man this seasons episodes are kinda boring compared to how good last seasons especially the last couple of episodes of the first season was. Like did they just drop the plot of the phone tapping or the people tryna kill will? idk man i wish they woulda continued some of the plots. and what about wills and mckinzies love thing and them rekindling it idk man. so far its been a let down. cant believe true blood has been the better show this season
The phone tapping was so Will could keep his job and do what he wanted, and that worked out. Their parent company was suppuse to drop their tabloid magazine at end of last season I assume that happened.

People were sending death threats to Will, no reason to think he still isn't getting them seeing as the massive amount of hate sites he has up.

I liked yesterday's episode. But the whole "Will pissing everybody off then the big backlash" thing is getting old. Maggie's world is crashing down before her very eyes, kinda eel bad for her. Mack is 
devil.gif
 to me. She be wearing them skirts man.

100 covers of this song and noone sings it like him, not even Elvis
glasses.gif
Which song was that? I forgot already haha.

But yeah, the dialogue HAS to change, it really is holding the show back. The language is fine, but the pace is just off. I know they work for the news, and everything is so fast paced, but it's hurting the show.

News on Newsroom

The odds are “excellent” that Aaron Sorkin’s The Newsroom will continue, said Lombardo, who noted that HBO is “enormously happy” with the show and its second season growth. The latter opened 4 percent higher than its first season premiere. The hold-up on a season three renewal, according to the HBO exec, is Sorkin’s schedule, which includes a Steve Jobs biopic and a recently revived Chicago 7 film. Still, Lombardo added that he’d be “shocked” if a pickup wasn’t announced in the coming weeks.

Just finished yesterday's episode.

Anyone else find it ridiculously bizarre???

The tone was unlike any other ever in the show. It tried so hard to be comical...from Don sitting in the small chair, to falling over in his chair..twice (i laughed the 2nd time) Charlie "we ride," Jim trying to "rally the troops" on the bus, it seemed so horrible, forced and fake. I hated it.

Now that Genowa is building as we saw toward the end of the episode...it'll hopefully be a saving point, and OBVIOUSLY Mac calls Nina Howard as she's in the bathroom at Will's place.

C'mon this had all the makings of a god damn soap opera.

Bad job by the writers and Sorkin and everyone.

The tone was unlike any other ever in the show. It tried so hard to be comical...from Don sitting in the small chair, to falling over in his chair..twice (i laughed the 2nd time) Charlie "we ride," Jim trying to "rally the troops" on the bus, it seemed so horrible, forced and fake. I hated it.

Now that Genowa is building as we saw toward the end of the episode...it'll hopefully be a saving point, and OBVIOUSLY Mac calls Nina Howard as she's in the bathroom at Will's place.

i somewhat agree but for me it was the best episode this season
i wish will and mckenzie would just either get over and start dating or just stop bringing up there past relationship
i was thinking all sorts of things about munn in that dress :lol: :evil:
the romney thing will get boring
but that genowa thing looks like its savings grace for the season.
also am i getting the feeling that each season will focus on laws the government has broken

Had a very similar feeling watching last night, bizarre is the exact word that comes to mind.

Probably the worst episode of the entire series to me. 

Had a very similar feeling watching last night, bizarre is the exact word that comes to mind.

Probably the worst episode of the entire series to me. 
idk why but this season has been lackluster especially after a GREAT 1st season
but last episode to me was the best of THIS season

Back
Top Bottom