Official HBO's The Newsroom Thread Vol: Season 3

idk i could tell after the second episode i was going to be confused with all the episodes cause of the times

What is this based off on in real life again?

I just find it hard to figure out the motive if this whole thing was fake. Were their ppl creating this bs so a network could pick it up and look stupid? or did some think it happened and it didn't? I mean that general at least hinted something did happen @ Genoa even though he wouldn't admit anything. I mean look at all of the sources, specifically the ppl that hinted something was going on in person.

:evil: @ my girl Constance being back.

I just find it hard to figure out the motive if this whole thing was fake. Were their ppl creating this bs so a network could pick it up and look stupid? or did some think it happened and it didn't? I mean that general at least hinted something did happen @ Genoa even though he wouldn't admit anything. I mean look at all of the sources, specifically the ppl that hinted something was going on in person.

This is a mostly original story I believe.

I don't think it was people making it up. I can't tell now though with Charlie saying "It didn't Happen".

The fact that he alter the tape, would be enough for them to retract it. You saw last episode they had to do a retraction like statement after they played the Zimmerman line of "he looks black" without playing the question(this happened IRL).

The general definitely said it happened off the record to Charlie and Mac. Maggie as she was leaving the room heard him say "It happened", but this was before the camera was turned on. He just refused to say anything on camera. Idk if anyone noticed, but I was looking for it, but when he showed the altered tape to the staff you can see the jump in the basketball game that would easily let anyone figure out it was altered. Idk what dude was thinking, so blatant.

Last edited:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Tailwind

That was 40 years ago though. Everything in the two seasons has been based on last several years basically. This is an orginal story of something happening during Obama's administration.

No its not. Its Operation Tailwind, modernized.

I knew it was based off of something in real life. I saw that said somewhere else on tv before the season started.

Hope nobody gets fired at the end of this though.

Last edited:
Anyone else think they dropped the ball with "Sorority Girl?" It was the incident that sparked all this change being portrayed, he ends season 1 by hiring her as his intern then all we get is one quick gliimpse of her and that's it

Anyone else think they dropped the ball with "Sorority Girl?" It was the incident that sparked all this change being portrayed, he ends season 1 by hiring her as his intern then all we get is one quick gliimpse of her and that's it
Yes and no. I wasn't expecting a season like this with this kind of format. This is a bit of a detailed intricate plot that has to hit story beats to get to the climax right so it doesn't leave room to play up a new character they so nicely established a good chunk of the supporting cast in one season.

Seems they opted to focus a bit more on the big head chick instead of the chick who asked the question since she had to go somewhere after Dan and her ex ended things for good. Then you got things going on with Sloan and Mac. They can wait before they give something to this new chick.

"By 10:05 I knew we had a problem….none of it was true." :stoneface:
Dantana :smh:

I yelled so ******g loud when Charlie said that ! :wow: And when ya mans did the chop and screw on ol' boy's soundbite!? :smh: Newsrooom be taking forever to let **** unfold though... Watch them not discuss genoa for like two episodes :lol:

She was in first and last episode last season, I'm fine with how they are doing things. They are focusing on the already established main and supporting characters. As just an intern I can't see her having a huge role in any kind of storyline, unless she was dating someone, but the inhouse dating/attractions is already kinda widespread as it is. Maybe as time goes on she'll get more involved, but probably not anytime soon.

Def enjoyed the last episode but like dude said this show is so slow. Like extra slow this season.

The fact that Charlie and Mack green lit the story without personally showing the General the ******** edit the outsider guy did is ridiculous...

Especially with a story so huge....
mean.gif

I'm not sure if Sorkin is an idiot for this or a genius....

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that Charlie and Mack green lift the story without personally showing the General the ******** edit the outsider guy did is ridiculous...

Especially with a story so huge....:smh:

I'm not sure if Sorkin is an idiot for this or a genius....
If source wants to be confidential and blacked out, why would they go against his wishes and show his face? They needed another source on the record, and he was (suppose to be) it. The world doesn't need to know who it was.

Last edited:
If source wants to be confidential and blacked out, why would they go against his wishes and show his face? They needed another source on the record, and he was (suppose to be) it. The world doesn't need to know who it was.

You/re misunderstanding what SickRetro was alluding to. The question was why didn't Mac/Charlie go back and show the source what was taped to confirm its authenticity. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they probably didn't expect their producer to blatantly fabricate a tape the way he did. Can't wait until Sunday to see how everything hits the fan.

Back
Top Bottom