Official HBO's The Newsroom Thread Vol: Season 3

A lil something to back up my last statement

A lot of people are probably thinking that was a weak way to start the new season but I liked it. Sorkin is great at writing dialogue. I love the relationship between Charlie & Sloan. That nerd vs nerd stand off was funny.

Maggie is indeed looking :smh: . Is her roommate from last year no longer on the show? :frown:

I missed what Maggie looks like now.

Pic?

Also, is this whole season a flashback or something? I got kind of confused about that. I know its supposed to based on the news from a year ago, but am I the o ly one who noticed the entire episode was a flashback?

Last edited:
Not sure if the whole season is a flashback but the Operation Genoa storyline seems to be taken from a real life story Operation Tailwind. It involved something that occurred during the Vietnam war that was later reported in the late 90s by CNN & Time mag. It was reported nerve gas was used that helped kill innocent people.

It turned out both news outlets couldn't corroborate that fact & went with it anyway which resulted in the firing & resignation of key people at both news outlets. You can find out more facts about Tailwind below. I wonder who if any get's canned at ACN this season then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Tailwind

Also, Sorkin went back & reshot the first 2 episodes & rewrote episode 3 resulting in having only 9 episodes this season instead of 10. Hope it's worth it.

1st half of the episode was a lil slow but the 2nd half was great imo.....loved the dialogue 

I hatewatched the first season and was excited for Season 2

after the premiere, I will continue to hatewatch. Can't resist the Sorkin.

You know, the only reason why I watch this show is to hear Sorkin's dialogue & to see Charlie Skinner. He's really the moral center of this show. I loved his nerd vs nerd standoff with Sloan in the first ep. I can't wait to see more of him this season...

Last edited:
Just realised two of the actors on this show are also on the Mindy project.

Not sure if something is wrong with me but his mom {Jane Fonda} on the show :smokin at her age.

Last edited:
Will mentioned Maggie experienced some trauma while on assignment overseas. I wonder if they're going to use what happened to CBS' Lara Logan as the basis for that story line.

^ that's Dwight's other chick from The Office too.. She was there at Pam and Jim's wedding.. speaking of which we have another solid Jim in another solid show.

First season was 
pimp.gif
.  I'm not in the journalist/reporter world, so these guys talk/work/act really quick, its hard to keep up sometimes.

I find Charlie & Sloan's relationship hilarious. This show is so sexist it's not even funny. Sorkin just doesn't care. :lol:

Havent finished this episode yet but this laundromat scene has me feeling like theyre just dumbin down the series :smh:

Tonight's episode was good, the last little bit of the epi with the Troy Davis execution being reported was well done.

Hope Jim gets the yams from that chick who is his competition on the Romney bus :smokin

Back
Top Bottom