OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

you read and watch these characters for years... expecting the best/worst for some of them and sith like this happens unexpectedly... how else are you suppose to feel?
just like what... "meh"?
nah when i read/watch stuff myself i kinda get lost in its lore...
I didn't say or imply that, so IDK why you're asking me that question.

Looking back, how did three guys make a whole city surrender?

They killed guys and opened the main gates. The Walls were the only thing really protecting that city.

And no not a spoiler. It was stated in the episode when forming the plan and since they made it back to the tent we can assume the plan worked.

Last edited:

They killed guys and opened the main gates. The Walls were the only thing really protecting that city.

And no not a spoiler. It was stated in the episode when forming the plan and since they made it back to the tent we can assume the plan worked.

I thought they only killed the first party. Didn't they say the slave soldiers put down their arms....maybe they just persuaded them to open the gates by promising them freedom?

I thought they only killed the first party. Didn't they say the slave soldiers put down their arms....maybe they just persuaded them to open the gates by promising them freedom?

Killing only the first party still follows the "Kill guys" portion of my plan but yeah I think that's how it went. I forgot cause you know... Red Wedding.

Good read:
Michelle Fairley, who plays Cat on the show, discussed Cat’s motives during that brutal moment with the Huffington Post.

“She's trying to reason with Walder Frey in the hope that possibly, he loves his wife as much as Catelyn adores her son... Walder Frey doesn’t have that compassion or care for his wife. Robb gets stabbed, and Catelyn witnesses it. And then, as her final act, she slits Walder Frey’s wife’s throat, and in doing so, it’s enough to sign her own death warrant.” Basically Cat is so distraught over Robb, that she has to get revenge somehow, even if it's against another innocent. In doing so it also frees herself of her own suffering.

We have to remember that Cat is under the impression that basically all of her children are dead, along with her husband, so after Robb dies she feels she has nothing to live for. Fairley explains, “The fact that she’s witnessing the death of who she thinks is her final surviving child is enough for her to want to be dead herself. Basically, when she slits the throat of Walder Frey’s wife, she’s inviting her death — she’s already dead inside.”

George R. R. Martin's recent appearance on Conan talking about response to the Red wedding episode...

Back
Top Bottom