OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So you guys remember when some guy posted a That pic with the starfish saying "tonights the Red Wedding"? I thought the Red Wedding= Joffrey getting married, boy was I shocked.

Got Stark. Pray for me.
RIP.
frown.gif

yea right George no one read dat sheet 13 yrs ago
Nah there was a fandom for him then. He's a pretty famous modern author. I think it was the success of the first book or first two is what led to more of them. I remember reading something where he was gonna ditch the book for another type of story or wrap it up quickly but it gained steam.

Spoilers for Lost, The Shield, and The Wire below

Truthfully, I didn't feel attached to any of these characters who just died in the red wedding. And I don't really care about anyone else on this show except for my man Tyrion.

It wasn't as bad Charlie dying in Lost, Wallace in the Wire, or Lem in the Shield. These are all comparable characters (not the main MAIN characters).

GoT has been ehh so far for me. This whole season has kind of been lackluster so far. Lost, The Shield, and The Wire were much better TV shows by the end of their 3rd seasons.

Anyone else kind of feel the same way?

I didn't want to be a lannister either.. oh well, I'm gonna flourish.. def gonna order that shirt

you read and watch these characters for years... expecting the best/worst for some of them and sith like this happens unexpectedly... how else are you suppose to feel?
just like what... "meh"?
nah when i read/watch stuff myself i kinda get lost in its lore...
This, all of it

In all the shows i love i am deeply rooted jn the characters

So when things like the red wedding happen my eemotions are going crazy

At the end of the day i feel if your not emotionally invested in your favorite shows your missing something thats great
Thereon lies the diff between me and you.

GoT isn't my fav. show.

Since it's your fav. show, it's easy to see why you're so emotionally invested in it.
What is this show about?
It's about a power struggle between 7 families.
How do some of you guys get so emotionally invested into this show or tv shows in general?
I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, I'm just curious.

Man you should've saw me when I read the red wedding....I cringed...I can't even read that chapter again I refuse to...it's just sad...and very graphic...the most graphic literature I've ever read...I was reading that chapter holding my throat. I remember how angry I was at Robb and the Freys. The same feelings came back watching it on TV.

Although I don't feel sorry for Cat like everyone else..she was punished by the Gods for the way she treated Jon snow..the show didnt get into that enough
What I'm getting from you is that since the story is so good, you care a lot about the characters.

Maybe when I start reading the books I'll be more into GoT.

Back
Top Bottom