OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brienne of Thart and Ygritte
sick.gif

I'll climb that tree any day 
devil.gif

Last edited:
Wouldn't call him a traitor, just that he deserved what he got. By turning his back on his adopted family (which didn't keep him prisoner by any means in reality) all bets were off

He was protected, well fed and had a privileged life as an adopted son. He wasn't even looked at like a Jon Snow either, he was a little bit more legit than him

Yup, that's all I am saying. He technically cannot be called a traitor and I understand the decision he made even though it was the wrong decision. Plus I agree he is an idiot and a coward.

Need clarification: When Ramsey first freed Theon and led him out to the woods pretending to be a good guy, the group of men who chased Theon down, who were they? Ramsey murked all of them. Were they Ramsey's men?

Yup, I think someone on here said they were Ramsey's men, which is even crazier.

Need clarification: When Ramsey first freed Theon and led him out to the woods pretending to be a good guy, the group of men who chased Theon down, who were they? Ramsey murked all of them. Were they Ramsey's men?
Yea but hes still a bastard so not super respected. Thats why dude was like ...i shouldve known bastard

I was thinking about reading the books. I never read anything so I was thinking about getting the books. Would it be worthwhile?

To piggyback w/ everyone else, YES!

I just started reading the books a couple months ago because the wait for S5 was killing me and I'm glad I did.

Last edited:
But since this thread is about the show let's focus on the portrayal of Theon and Ramsey there.

And yes Theon betrayed the Starks and is a traitor.

His father swore fealty to the Starks and Theon betrayed them. Definition of traitor.

Last edited:
Balon is a traitor, Theon and the rest of iron islands are following their "Kings" orders.

Last edited:
I hate balon. dude's a chump. never even had the thought of liking the greyjoys. they even have their own religion. :stoneface: hope he gets his, too. yara is like their only saving grace, but she's technically a traitor, too, so...

they're all traitors, so they deserve whatever they get. that being said, i'm not fond of Ramsey either. he's a great character, though. **** roose, too. they don't know what they're getting into taking claim of what isn't theirs.

can't wait for Sunday. got my HBO now ready. :nthat:

Last edited:
I actually dont really count people who had to bend the knee traitors. Just lying in wait to join the side they really wanted.
Greyjoys as theon said were once kings themselves and they got crushed

Theon is a traitor because he loved. Balon wasnt because he always hated baretheons and starks

Dont worry. Balon will be taken out by the Son of Light(i hope) since Stannis Baratheon needs the army, pyke would be one of the next logical steps on his way south, and the Iron Born will bend the knee to just about anyone.

That still makes Theon a traitor.

He was also a ward of the Starks. He's not supposed to be taking any orders from his dad.

Myrcella Baratheon (Lannister) is a ward, Little Finger was a ward in Riverrun. Theon was a prisoner of war treated as a ward. He swore fealty to the Starks because his father did.

Had he chose to denounce his title on iron islands and support the North against his own people, I'd consider him a traitor.

Dude wen they made Rob they king of the north he swore fealty to The North and rob as a brother. Had nothing to do with his father.

Dude deserved everything that came to him and more.

Not sure how Theon is portrayed in the book, but on the show he is definitely a half wit. I think he had sort of a doomed existence from the jump

I'm sure he'll have some redeeming storyline this season though 

Pardon me if this topic has been beat to death, but I really hope this season doesn't go into the magical direction too much

I cringe when they bring that element into the show, I really can't stand it. The dude who keeps coming back to life (the one who is in the Brotherhood) who the Hound killed in a trial by combat, the Red Priest lady giving birth to a black cloud who sneaks into Renly's tent and kills him, the multiplying guy in Quarth.. I mean I can get with the White Walkers I guess but the other stuff.. please leave it out 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom