OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im watching GoT a second time through with the extra features and they have done some impractical ****. Things that they had to crane the tree/throne in The Eyrie it into the room. It was made from three pieces of 800lb wood. I dont see why they couldnt build this on set out of 4 or 5 pieces if it was too move into the room its in.

The way its described in the book is that the people who sit in the throne cut themselves on all those blades "because no king should be comfortable"

How ****** the Iron Throne looks always made me mad. Worse case scenario make the floor out of melted swords and the steps as well. I just feel they couldve done way better

Last edited:
The show always tones down the look of stuff, would be more fun if they kept a few things true to how they're supposed to be.

The show always tones down the look of stuff, would be more fun if they kept a few things true to how they're supposed to be.

Examples of other things that were toned down?

The iron chair's being toned down seems to be sensibly for cinematographic practicality. And that it would be a complete ***** to construct :lol: or require tons of CGI

Despite how dope it looks in that last pic, I can imagine a lot of scenes being really awkward and unintentionally funny if it actually did look like that.

Last edited:
yea Kind of stupid to think they would build something that high and have people crawling up and down it...

also in the books, they never made it seem like the throne looked remotely that. high.

I see it being like that, but not high, just wider and bigger.

Last edited:
Examples of other things that were toned down?

The iron chair's being toned down seems to be sensibly for cinematographic practicality. And that it would be a complete ***** to construct :lol: or require tons of CGI

Despite how dope it looks in that last pic, I can imagine a lot of scenes being really awkward and unintentionally funny if it actually did look like that.

Considering all the stuff they built so far that aint an excuse.

If they didnt want to make it tall, they could've made it wider and bigger. There should be piles of melted swords around the throne. Like a a 4ft pile that goes around the back of the throne. And the floor couldve been swords, as well as the steps leading to the throne. As well as a few piles on the base of the steps. That way you still get the sense that a lot of people were vanquished for the throne. Not that measly 43 sword chair.

Last edited:
They mostly made people a lot more normal looking. Tyrion was supposed to look like a gremlin and something you'd find from hell. His face is supposed to get messed up even more from the injury he got. Brienne was really ugly with buckteeth. Super simp jorah was supposed to resemble a bear. That stuff would be distracting but weird looking people are always seen in the fantasy genre anyway.

One thing I was disappointed in was that renley's kingsguard weren't called the Rainbow Guard and they didn't have their rainbow colored capes. As someone pointed out before, it would've been very politically incorrect to do on the show.

Didn't see the rainbow cloak as being politically incorrect or offensive in any Manny but since I ain't gay I guess I'll take gay people's word for it. Tho if they introduced Renly family first I don't see how it would be a problem.

Last edited:
That politically incorrect stuff is stupid to say about his rainb0w guard. That wouldnt have been the case at all. Funny thing is in the book it was never exactly said he was gay. There was never a sex scene between him and loras in the books.

It was assumed but never spelled out. Plus te rainbow guard thing wouldve just been bad ***. Everyone standing up there like power rangers

Last edited:
They photoshopped the **** out of her face. :stoneface: Her bod too but especially her face.

Did the artist not get the message? You aint supposed to know its photoshopped

Last edited:
The hbo goons will find him.

My friends told me last year when they went to barclays center to watch the season 4 premiere that the way they collected people's phones wasn't organized. I think they put them in plastic bins or something and then when the episode was over people were taking other people's phones.

Last edited:
The hbo goons will find him.

My friends told me last year when they went to barclays center to watch the season 4 premiere that the way they collected people's phones wasn't organized. I think they put them in plastic bins or something and then when the episode was over people were taking other people's phones.

lmaoo thats messed up!!

Dave Chappelle at the game of thrones premier.

View media item 1467019
467393628.jpg

has more self control than me. Wouldnt be able to resist planting one on em :wow:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom