OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^He "couldnt" kill the king either. But it all makes sense now. Thanks
Correct he couldn't because of his vows so after the war Ned told Robert and suggested he should join The Watch, but Robert let the King Slayer's crimes slide. 

It's a shame that his crime for killing the king is known by everyone but his reasoning for it is not. Doesn't seem like people care or want to know why he did it.

Correct he couldn't because of his vows so after the war Ned told Robert and suggested he should join The Watch, but Robert let the King Slayer's crimes slide. 

Yes but that couldnt be done. Lannisters are definitely in the top 3 most powerful families in the kingdom if not the first.

And the lannisters bannermen were making their way to kings landing. It could easily be argued that Robert wouldnt have been on the throne without their help. And robert married his sister as well. There was no way Jaime would be punished.

Sucks that deep down he is the only one that knows that he saved the city of 500k

It's a shame that his crime for killing the king is known by everyone but his reasoning for it is not. Doesn't seem like people care or want to know why he did it.

I think that's mainly because no one has ever done it.
if they weren't Usurping, or wasn't family vs family. not a single man has came to a king to kill him..... I think that's why people hate him so much... which is wild because you would think most people would praise Jamiee.

he's just lucky Robert let him live along with Selmy

Yeah, he killed a mad king and people got mad at him. Cue the jacksonville jaguars fan gif.

Last edited:
Yeah, he killed a mad king and people got mad at him. Cue the jacksonville jaguars fan gif.

lol especially when Robert/ Ned was barging in to do the same thing!!!!!

although they probably would've just imprisoned him instead. then killed him later.

He was sworn to protect the king that's why they hate him and to everyone that doesn't know the truth, he's a man without honor. 
Were robert and ned sworn to uphold the king?
I think all of the Lords swear fealty to the king which mean the people that serve those lords also swear fealty, but Rob and Ned didn't have to protect the king if that's what you're asking. 

Last edited:
Dude was burning people alive. The Kingsguard is like the secret service but I would've killed that fool too. The way people try to insult him to his face by calling him Kingslayer is always funny to see. They say it with so much hatred. Similar to how comical it is when people call Jon a bastard.

Jaime was put in the position of being a Kinslayer or a Kingsslayer.

and to be honest the only reason he went to Kings landing in the first place is because of Cersei. she I think at the time was in the running to be with someone there. Or was already there. I don't quite remember

^^ Ya Tywin took Cersie to KL with him when he was hand of the king and Jamie visited her while she was there if I remember correctly. 

No. Jaime was already in Kings Landing being the KingsGuard for the "Mad King".

When Robert took the Iron Throne, he needed a queen since Lyanna died and voila, Cersei.

No. Jaime was already in Kings Landing being the KingsGuard for the "Mad King".

When Robert took the Iron Throne, he needed a queen since Lyanna died and voila, Cersei.
Before becoming KG he went to KL to visit her and she seduced him into becoming KG so he would live near here. 

Before becoming KG he went to KL to visit her and she seduced him into becoming KG so he would live near here. 

^^^Confirmed just read that

Tywin wanted Cersei to marry Rhaegar, but it went a different way but she was still there.

so when Jaime came down (fresh great knight) he signed up for the KG to be close to her. and He was suppose to marry Lysa. so it was sorta a no brainer for him

aerys always rustling tywin's jimmies. Not sure if it was him or someone else that cancelled the plans for Rhaegar to marry Cersei.

quote from an informed friend.

Cersei and Tywin wanted her to marry Rhaegar, but she didn't want Jaime to marry Lysa. She convinced Jaime to be KG so they could be together at KL, but Aerys said no to Tywin about Rhaegar/Cersei getting married. Jaime ended up staying at KL, Cersei ended up leaving for Casterly Rock I think. And then when Elia's parents came to hook her up with Jaime, Tywin offered Tyrion to insult them. So Aerys grabbed Elia for Rhaegar instead to really piss Tywin off. It's crazy soapy style.

Gilly lookin :smokin

Going to start watching Season 4, again. How many more days until Season 5? I can't wait anymore.

I thought Aerys took Jamie into the Kingsguard to spite Tywin because that was his heir.

I agree with how Jamie gets a bad rap for taking out Aerys, especially from the Starks. The show touches on that a lot better in season 1 when Jamie and Ned are talking about it in the throne room.

Yes and no on that.
Jaome wanted to be near cersi. And aerys wanted to take away tywins heir... but that was also aort of a coincidence

New Iron Throne this season

Old:
164105920-copy.jpg

New:
467393112-copy.jpg

still pale in comparison to how it should really look

View media item 1463410

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom