OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd also assume they needed a stronger actor. Not that Tommen had to do any real heavy lifting this season, he might later on and the original actor just wasn't up to snuff.

I forgot how dirty they did Ned 
sick.gif
. I need Cersei to die two weeks ago by Aryas hand just for letting it get to this point. Sansa sucks too I forgot how much she sucked in season one. She should die too just for being annoying.

Had to Google Myrcella, do not care at all about that recast

Last edited:
I'd also assume they needed a stronger actor. Not that Tommen had to do any real heavy lifting this season, he might later on and the original actor just wasn't up to snuff.

This. Myrcella was just a child. If they go to dorne and need a real actor..that's could be a reason for recasting

I'm thinking about reading where this season left off, but I'm worried I'll ruin the show. Any bookreaders have some input if its a good idea or not?
Thinking about doing the same.
Ruining the show isn't worth it for me.. also gotta keep in mind that George RR Martin may never actually finish the books, or could take years and years before the next one.

People keep saying they're great but I'm not convinced that reading those long*** books is gonna be worth it in the end. Would rather just stick to watching the show when it comes out

its not really ruining the show though if anything it makes the show even better when they do something new

that brienne x hound fight was so 
pimp.gif

I finished book 5 a few months before the season 4 started. I get some who wouldn't want to read ahead and know how the show might be layed out or build up scenes in your head and when they don't happen beat by beat you can nitpick stuff to death. I really didn't mind knowing ahead of time and really enjoyed having both the books and show to tie the universe together. The show has changed some stuff enough keep me on my toes and just seeing the characters act stuff out gets me hyped. The books are great for the POV since that inner monologue details what each character is thinking/feeling. Give book 1 a shot and if you like it read through book 3. That'll bring you to the red wedding, purple wedding and tryions stuff.

I finished book 5 a few months before the season 4 started. I get some who wouldn't want to read ahead and know how the show might be layed out or build up scenes in your head and when they don't happen beat by beat you can nitpick stuff to death. I really didn't mind knowing ahead of time and really enjoyed having both the books and show to tie the universe together. The show has changed some stuff enough keep me on my toes and just seeing the characters act stuff out gets me hyped. The books are great for the POV since that inner monologue details what each character is thinking/feeling. Give book 1 a shot and if you like it read through book 3. That'll bring you to the red wedding, purple wedding and tryions stuff.
Im def gonna read the books now Im just wondering if I should start from the first book or where the show leaves off.

Im def gonna read the books now Im just wondering if I should start from the first book or where the show leaves off.
IMO it would be easier to start from the beginning. Season 1 and Book 1 are almost spot on and its also the shortest book. Season 4 that just ended was pulling stuff from books 3, 4 and even 5. For example red wedding/joffrey/tyrion was book 3, Brienne stuff was book 4, Theon is book 5, Dany is book 3/5, Bran is book 5. If you wanted to stay more or less spoiler free for the show I'd recommend reading 1-3 and stopping then maybe hitting up 4 after next season.

I'm thinking about reading where this season left off, but I'm worried I'll ruin the show. Any bookreaders have some input if its a good idea or not?
Ruining the show isn't worth it for me.. also gotta keep in mind that George RR Martin may never actually finish the books, or could take years and years before the next one.

People keep saying they're great but I'm not convinced that reading those long*** books is gonna be worth it in the end. Would rather just stick to watching the show when it comes out
For me the books are something I know I'll get enjoyment out of whenever I get to them. Whether that's 2 or 10 years from now. 

I decided not to start reading the books a couple years ago after season 1/2 because the material from the show was still so fresh in my mind and I thought it might make the show less enjoyable. 

Will read the books after the show is completed. 

I've been reading the books since last year. I'm midway through book three and going at a pace that won't let me get past the show. Reading the book after watching the show is like experiencing those moments for the first time twice somehow.

If I were to read ahead, I feel like that would take away from the show for me. So many book readers are so frequently disappointed in the shows interpretation/changes from the book.

Any more "WTF can't believe they're related - I'm such and idiot for not knowing" characters on the show that we may have missed?

Ned Stark's Captain of the Guards is related to Rodrik Cassel.

Maester Aemon is a Targaryan.

Sam is the son of one of the Lords who helped the Tyrells in the Battle of Blackwater.

The handsome guy who died at the hands of the Night Walker at the very first episode is the youngest son of Lord Royce of the Vale.

The Mountain and The Hound are brothers.

Gendry is Stannis's nephew.

Talisa Stark is related to Charlie Chaplin.

Robin Arryn and Sansa are first cousins.

Hodor is Old Nan's Great Grandson.

Theon Greyjoy is the brother of Lily Allen.

Podrick is the cousin of Ser Ilyn, the one who executed Ned Stark.

Back
Top Bottom