OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are people more surprised by his death, or by how gruesome it was? Because his death was predictable. How it went down, exactly...not so much.

BRUH....i'm legit hurt man. it was all good like 15 minutes ago. tyrion was about to diddy bop out of there....and then it was all gone...

the worst part of it all was the mountain admitting everything as he crushed prince oberyn

the mountain literally admitted all of it. "elia martell, i murdered her children, i raped her, then her smashed her skull...like this.."

Last edited:
I never want to see carcetti act again after this show.

GoT gets the prize for being best show with some of the worst acting

Last edited:
I think I need to watch something with a happy ending, just to keep my sanity :lol:

I was gonna watch silicon valley after..but I can't. I can't do anything man. After that **** I don't want to do anything but go to bed, but I see oberyns head smashed when I close my eyes, and I hear the mountain admitting his crime. And that ******* smirk from cersei..

View media item 1003903

Last edited:
I mean... how did you guys not see this coming?

A new, mysterious, charismatic, awesome character comes into the show.. with justifiable motivation for revenge.. and we think he's going to win? Nah.. not in this universe :lol:

Unfortunately, this was also spoiled for me by the internet :lol: but it was still tense as hell to watch. If you want to talk about right/wrong and justice and all that.. Oberyn was obviously too cocky and that was clearly his undoing. He came to King's Landing for revenge... he had his chance but couldn't simply kill the Mountain, he needed his confession. It was as much about killing the Mountain as getting him to confess it was Tywin who gave the order. And Oberyn could have finished him off in the end and won the fight for Tyrion, had his small revenge against his sister's murderer.. but he would have missed his chance to get the confession. I hate it had to be Oberyn, just because he was so interesting and fun to watch. But all men must die..

Arya might have stolen the episode with her outbreak and laugh.. that was priceless :lol: And they referenced the wound again.. so... yeah.. :lol:

Sansa :pimp: I've been a fan.. and she had her big staircase entrance moment Laney Boggs would be proud :lol:

She's learned a few things over the years.. Yeezy taught her well
View media item 1003905View media item 1003906View media item 1003907
I LOVED the beetle story. One part two brothers bonding over a memory before a pivotal moment in their lives... one part Tyrion's wondering about an unanswered question.. one part larger metaphorical interpretations about the show :lol: It was awesome.

Last edited:
My Sunday night the past several weeks goes
1. Mad Men/ Da Vinci
2. Silicon Valley
3. GOT
4. Penny Dreadful
5. Veep

I go comedy right after the heavier stuff

Last edited:

A new, mysterious, charismatic, awesome character comes into the show.. with justifiable motivation for revenge.. and we think he's going to win? Nah.. not in this universe :lol:

That's what I'm sayin' lol

People actually being shocked over this sequence of events. I haven't even read the books and saw it coming. The only thing shocking was how gruesome it was.

What would have been far more shocking is if Oberyn just launched the spear at the Mountain and killed him the second the fight started.

It played out pretty standard. He's cocky and brash and looks outmatched when we see the size of the Mountain, he dances around and shows his skill, he demands his revenge, goes back and forth, the good guy gets the upper hand it looks all good but there's too much time left on the clock. He went for the quick basket but it's not quite over yet.. I mean it would take a shocking miracle for him to lose right now but OH MY GOD HE SWEPT THE LEG and knocked his entire set of teeth out and crushed his skull.

Yeah... brutal. Don't get me wrong, the whole sequence was incredible. Well shot.. well acted by Oberyn. I loved seeing Jaime being impressed at Oberyn and the thought of his father being embarrassed. Tyrion wanted Oberyn to just end the fight when he had the chance.. then the look of pure defeat in the end.

And I chuckled at "At least wear a helmet" before the fight started :lol:

What I love is the show/books/series doesn't just fail to give you the justice you want... but then they twist the knife. It's bad enough that Oberyn dies.. but he doesn't die with honor or dignity. He gets his ******* skull crushed. Bad enough that Ned fails and will be banished as a traitor. but then he gets beheaded Bad enough Robb is betrayed, but he watches his wife die and is killed in front of his own mother. Jesus.. just reciting some of these moments and I find it hard to believe how much I love this show :lol: Because it's not just about the violence and the blood and the gore.. it's the build-up of all these stories and characters.. we watch them struggle and find small victories.. and you hope for them.. you want Robb to get his vengeance for his father.. he "deserves" it.. then they're gone. Sometimes in a tragic fashion.. usually in a tragic fashion.. and you're just left stunned. But the series keeps going. The world keeps spinning. We get new characters.. new motivations.. new shocking moments. right and wrong.. it doesn't really matter in this universe. The gods don't seem to care.. and it's beautiful.

Last edited:
I'm just going to pretend the episode began and ended with missandei.
devil.gif

While scouring the internet for more missandei pics 
devil.gif
 i stumbled upon a naked pic of brienne 
nerd.gif

I'm glad i avoid GoT spoilers. On Sundays i avoid twitter like the plague and i rarely come in this thread.

anyways, i immediately thought of this after Tyrion's fate was decided.

Oberyn =

Last edited:

See...I always go into every episode of GoT with like a willful ignorance. That comic a few pages back of the Viper and the Mountain...I'm pretty sure that was already posted in this thread season 1 or 2. And I remember people naming awesome characters back then, and people saying...the Red Viper is that DUDE....too bad he don't last long.:smh: Okay. :lol:

There's such a weird relationship the audience has with this show. I don't think it's fair to call anything predictable, when you can literally google just about every plot point for the next 30 episodes, right now. And it's callous the way bookreaders act like they're god's gift or gotta fix your mood, cuz you don't even know yet what's gonna happen around *insert episode #*....like it'll make your experience better.

After the first season, I read the first two books, then watched the second season and hated it. I hated knowing everything. Knowing that this scene shoulda been longer or they skipped that part or added weak stuff or blah blah blah was such a bigger deal in the book. Nah...it ruins the experience imo. Because most of these new bookreaders have every moment fresh in their mind, so it's all just checklist watching. I swear some dudes only check in every week to see ******* and remind themselves that they're better than the show. And then those dudes that live to spoil. :smh:

It doesn't make anyone smart, just because they read a book that anyone, with the 9 months notice this show gives you, could've read. And I ain't trying to let spoilers knock my experience. So for me, my way of enjoying this show is just a willful ignorance. South Park told me Joffrey was gonna get poisoned, and I just squeezed that **** as far back in my mind as possible and just enjoyed the show unfolding in front of me, with as little expectations as possible.

Cuz that's all it is at the end of the day. And I love that they're jumping way past what people expected them to be covering. I loved it when that whitewalker baby showed up and all the bookreaders lost their **** like "NO FAIR, THAT'S NOT IN THE BOOKS!" **** you. :lol: It's a TV show. I just wanna think that they've got the freedom to live up to the spirit of the story, without followin the book to the letter. So when I see Sansa on the edge of the moon door, I let myself think...y'know this the kinda world where they could really do this... They could kill Gilly or have Jon find Bran or have Yara rescue Theon. They could have Oberyn take his shot at Tywin and go down swinging at goldcloaks.

You find your own way to watch it and deal with the dry spoiling from ******** who skimmed through the audiobooks two years ago, or didn't even bother and just wiki'd it all the second they found out something exists and people care and you can know more than them.

Cuz I just do the opposite. I push that noise out and try take every episode like it's something brand new that's never happened before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom