OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So... I let my friend use my HBO NOW. I was getting ready for the episode last night, got the pizza out of the oven, made a drink for me and my lady friend... packed the dab box with live resin and ate a few gummies. Anyway I start the episode and Theon is about to obviously get ****ed up by the night king with his stupid lame *** spear thrust. I thought it was weird that the opening title didn't play and that they just got straight into it... thought maybe they were doing some forshadowing or something going to the end of the battle first. Then Theon dies and Aria jumps out and shanks ol boy and I realized something was very wrong.

Sop yeah... my friend was 3/4 of the way through the episode when I started watching it and it started off where he was and basically ruined it for me. Started the episode over knowing what the hell was going to happen but it was still pretty good, but I can't lie. I was very upset. Didn't even eat my pizza.

Bruh :rofl::rofl:

Lol its only half u fools that wanted to see jon vs NK as if he was really going to do any damage at all....get over it.
Its silly to not see this ep as one of the greats cuz they aint fight toe to toe
Yo, Salt Warden, shut the hell up

Your opinion has no mattered in years, since...
source.gif

Go wait for the books :lol: and leave us in peace.

Lol its only half u fools that wanted to see jon vs NK as if he was really going to do any damage at all....get over it.
Its silly to not see this ep as one of the greats cuz they aint fight toe to toe

the whole show is snow vs nk but you guys are accepting this wack *** episode as an end game to the NK. that's like watching the avengers and the ending was ant man becoming big and stomps out thanos without having the OGs fight him first.

the whole show is snow vs nk but you guys are accepting this wack *** episode as an end game to the NK. that's like watching the avengers and the ending was ant man becoming big and stomps out thanos without having the OGs fight him first.
Game of "Thrones"
Not monsters vs humans.
Not jon show show.
The story is about the realms of men.
WW &NK is a good side story. But thats not the main story

Last edited:
Why do people think they’re the same person? There’s like no connection at all besides both being weird. Plus we’ve seen who he really is since the children of the forest made him. Unless people are saying bran warged into that guy long ago.

This angle would probably be the only thing to redeem the show for me, but i doubt at this point, the writers are trying to give us a clever ending at all, i think they staying pretty in line with “and they lived happily ever after”

Those were all Starks. That’s their family crypt.
I get that. But I was just kind of expecting shock value from Sansa seeing her great aunt or Uncle Brandon come alive.

Maybe I was just expecting more lol.

This angle would probably be the only thing to redeem the show for me, but i doubt at this point, the writers are trying to give us a clever ending at all, i think they staying pretty in line with “and they lived happily ever after
Thing about that though is even if Jon and Danny beat Cersie and rule the 7 kingdoms I wouldn't consider that happily ever after. A lot of people died throughout the series and entire families have been erased.

Its because yall aint read the books yall so hurt..
Hope your ready for jon death pt 2
You listen to a few audiobooks and got gassed up.

Even if Jon dies again, guess what, your *** gonna fine out the same time as me because the show is all that matters right now.

Go tend to your turnips and miss us with you whinning Salt Boi

You listen to a few audiobooks and got gassed up.

Even if Jon dies again, guess what, your *** gonna fine out the same time as me because the show is all that matters right now.

Go tend to your turnips and miss us with you whinning Salt Boi
Yall the ones mad he aint Azor Ahai...
Cryin only cuz he aint fight NK.
If yall read the books yall would realize jon isnt the main focal point.
But naw when i said that 5 years ago...yall was on some im salty steeze..now look at yall. Turning yall back like the turn cloaks yall are

I didn’t read the books so, what happens to snow since Melisandre dies?

Any consequences to his rebirther dying?

Game of "Thrones"
Not monsters vs humans. The story is about the realms of men.
WW &NK is a good side story. But thats not the main story
Yes but the NK was Jon’s story IN THE SHOW.

“BuH iN tHe BoOkS...”
0CB263DD-5F84-4102-A62C-5D9B40156076.gif

Again, we’re talking about THE SHOW.

They’ve been pushing this whole Jon vs. the NK & the WW narrative for YEARS all for them to change it for the sake of trying something new. :stoneface:

They completely butchered his arc by the way they handled last night’s episode. If he would have died last night, I would have been completely fine with that outcome. His purpose was to save the lives of man from the dead, not to squabble over some damn chair.

"if you have invested in the history and lore behind the story, it was an anti-climactic end that didn't invert fantasy tropes in classic George R.R. Martin style. For all of the talk about the Prince That Was Promised, the secret that was Jon's birth, and Bran's knowledge of the past, none of that mattered in actually defeating the Night King. It didn't matter Jon was the son of ice and fire. All of Bran's powers and memories of the past weren't even relevant, as he sat there useless all night. The mere fact he was the Three-Eyed Raven was all that mattered, not his abilities. Forget a payoff to those arcs going back thousands of years; Arya was able to run by all of the White Walkers to kill a monster who had survived for thousands of years, all with a quick stab to the stomach. Arya killing the Night King was amazing to behold, but it felt somewhat hollow without payoff to the story's history."

"Game of Thrones spent over seven seasons building to this battle, from the show's very first scene, and right up until the end it felt like almost anything was possible. The one thing we didn't see coming though (when we could see at all) was how little everything that preceded the Great war would factor into how it ended. It was like the Battle of Winterfell took place in a vacuum, whether that's how you watched it or not."

sums up my feelings pretty well

Yall the ones mad he aint Azor Ahai...
Cryin only cuz he aint fight NK.
If yall read the books yall would realize jon isnt the main focal point.
But naw when i said that 5 years ago...yall was on some im salty steeze..now look at yall. Turning yall back like the turn cloaks yall are
You clearly didn't read my reactions to the episode if you think I am mad he didn't kill the NK. I have zero issue with him not being Azor Ahai.

I was commenting on how they shot the episode and why people found it anticlimactic. And as you know the shoe is much different than the books now, partly because, there are no damn books to draw material from. So they could have shot the episode anyway they want.

You just want to complain about other people's complaints. And for years we been telling you we don't give a damn about your contrarian high-horse riding shtick.

Go fap to the audio books again and spare us.

Last edited:
In fact they pretty much nerfed Jon in the search of a "misdirection". The best swordsman in the Seven Kingdoms flies a damn dragon most of the time for no reason.
Dany strayed from the plan after she saw the Dothraki get slaughtered. Jon went after her and that's why he was on the dragon so much, from my understanding.

Back
Top Bottom