OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jamie set him up to live in Casterly Rock I think

Walder Frey told Jamie he was back in chains, but I don't know where and what will happen to him now that House Frey is finished.

If Tywin has a song about destroying House Rains of Castamere. Arya needs won of finishing House Frey.

Slightly related, I watched some of shae's previous work. She has pretty private parts and butthole but not a fan of her tribal trampstamp. A roman reigns look-a-like was giving her work in a dentist's office.

Your mind works in the most wonderful way.

Lazy writing
That bothered me as well. Whole time with every door open I'm expecting someone to be waiting for them.

Would've been much cooler if they had to face a battalion to tale the castle back.

Last edited:
Extremely disappointed with last night's episode. That Ed Sheeran cameo was one of the most forced things I've ever seen. That scene added absolutely nothing to the plot.

The fact that Cersi & Jaime knew that Dany & her army were going to Dragonstone and just let them go there un-interrupted too. Not to mention Euron & his group had to pass Dragonstone on the way to and from Kings Landing and just happened to not notice Dany & her army there. Also kind of unbelievable that Dragonstone was completely deserted. The writers of the show have just been getting lazier & lazier the past few years.

Last edited:
MEME2017-07-17-07-25-40.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the budget cut and the shortening of the season def lent itself to plot gymnastics for the writers to navigate.

Hey what can ya do. It was cringeworthy and I honestly haven't went back and rewatched any of the previous seasons and I automatically caught all of those holes and inconsistencies.

Y'all should've expected that tho.

Y'all trippin about dragonstone being empty? No one cared about that island save for Stannis heathens. They all got washed by Ramsay and the ones that deserted probably went back to kings landing. I don't see it as lazy writing I just see it as they abandoned that spot. It was an island so why would those deserting Stannis return to an island? Many probably thought it was haunted anyway.

I mean it was a dope crib I'd have been squatting in that ***. Chilling. Ordering ubereats and all like it was mine. Shieeeeeeeeeet

The fact that Cersi & Jaime knew that Dany & her army were going to Dragonstone and just let them go there un-interrupted too. Not to mention Euron & his group had to pass Dragonstone on the way to and from Kings Landing and just happened to not notice Dany & her army there. Also kind of unbelievable that Dragonstone was completely deserted. The writers of the show have just been getting lazier & lazier the past few years.

I don't see it as lazy writing. It's clear the show does not work in a straight linear timeline as most shows do, or else no way Varys makes it from Dorne and back in time to be with Baelessi when they sail off to the 7 Kingdoms at the end of Season 6. Euron and crew could have arrived at Kings Landing much sooner than Dany arriving at Dragonstone.

To be fair, Stannis lost a sizable portion of his army at Blackwater and he always hated Dragonstone. Him leaving Dragonstone unattended with his weakened force because the real war is in the North is kind of plausible. Then what remained of his army waa defeated by the Boltons and there you have it. Even if it's assumed that Stannis left some people at Dragonstone, they would be a small number since it's well protected and once word spread about Stannis' defeat, they might just take what they want and bounce. Point is, Dragonstone being empty isn't a big deal.

Someone mentioned that Dragonstone was probably abandoned when the few people that were still there saw an armada and three dragons approaching

All the doors were closed and it was pretty empty. Looked like it was abandoned by everyone when stannis left.

There were some great lines in this episodes...

Arya
The Hound
Sansa
Jon
Cersci
Euron

All had pretty memorable lines.

Sam over there eating poop stew he ain't finna hop out no type of friend zone.

Arch Maester probably all up in dem walls.

Y'all trippin about dragonstone being empty? No one cared about that island save for Stannis heathens. They all got washed by Ramsay and the ones that deserted probably went back to kings landing. I don't see it as lazy writing I just see it as they abandoned that spot. It was an island so why would those deserting Stannis return to an island? Many probably thought it was haunted anyway.
Still gives a you a good tactical advantage by ship.

That nobody was given it is a but crazy to me.
I think Sam is going to cure Friendzone and then profess his true love to his Queen.
You must mean Gilly is gonna find the cure :lol:

Yeah, Dragonstone being completely empty was surprising and disappointing. At the end of the day, it’s extremely fortified by the ocean. You’d think the at the very least, Cersei would have sent a skeleton crew there just to hold it down and/or send word.

No big deal, though. Still a great episode. The Lannisters are in bad shape, so it’s not completely out of the realm of possibility that it’d be left unmanned.

Not a smart move though considering it’s the perfect place for Dany to land and work from for the time being. Wonder how long before we get action.

Get over it y'all. There was obviously time constraints coming into this season. Plus this is Dany's ancestral home.

Back
Top Bottom