OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Extremely disappointed with last night's episode. That Ed Sheeran cameo was one of the most forced things I've ever seen. That scene added absolutely nothing to the plot.

The fact that Cersi & Jaime knew that Dany & her army were going to Dragonstone and just let them go there un-interrupted too. Not to mention Euron & his group had to pass Dragonstone on the way to and from Kings Landing and just happened to not notice Dany & her army there. Also kind of unbelievable that Dragonstone was completely deserted. The writers of the show have just been getting lazier & lazier the past few years.

You didn't think Arya's convo with the Lannister soldiers was important for her character? She hates everything Lannister and yet these Lannister soldiers are kind to her. She's reminded that some people don't have a choice but to serve and that not everyone that servers house Lannister is bad.

What were Jamie and Cersie suppose to do? They don't have a large fleet and like Jamie said they're not ready for war. I guess they could have sent men to hold Dragonstone, but they're not prepared to handle 3 dragons yet. Dany would have made quick work of them anyway. As for Euron, he would have to sail south around Dorne and back north to KL and Dragonstone is farther north east of KL so Euron wouldn't necessarly be close enough to see dragonstone or her fleet.

I am not at all for giving the showrunners and HBO a pass cuz of time constraints.

Ya wanna do something, do it right.

Yeah, Dragonstone being completely empty was surprising and disappointing. At the end of the day, it’s extremely fortified by the ocean. You’d think the at the very least, Cersei would have sent a skeleton crew there just to hold it down and/or send word.

No big deal, though. Still a great episode. The Lannisters are in bad shape, so it’s not completely out of the realm of possibility that it’d be left unmanned.

Not a smart move though considering it’s the perfect place for Dany to land and work from for the time being. Wonder how long before we get action.
What's just a little more disappointing is Jamie and Cersi both knew qjwre she's go.

Could've got some more wildfire and test if Dany is still the unburnt.

Last edited:
NTdenim.jpg = NTDenim

balmainjeans.jpg = Met Gala 2017 catalog Balmain Stressed leather biker

If y’all don’t like the jetpack traveling and speedy plot machinations get used to it. It’s probably gonna happen a ton this season. How much time do you guys think has passed since last seasons finale? I’d say anything more than a week is pushing it.

To be fair, Stannis lost a sizable portion of his army at Blackwater and he always hated Dragonstone. Him leaving Dragonstone unattended with his weakened force because the real war is in the North is kind of plausible. Then what remained of his army waa defeated by the Boltons and there you have it. Even if it's assumed that Stannis left some people at Dragonstone, they would be a small number since it's well protected and once word spread about Stannis' defeat, they might just take what they want and bounce. Point is, Dragonstone being empty isn't a big deal.

You know NT though, someone always complaining about the dumbest thing. While it wasn't mentioned on the show, Stannis always hated Dragonstone. Robert gifted to him as a punishment for losing the Targaryen children (even though he technically didn't). It's no surprise once Stannis marched north he took everyone with him, he didn't have any intention of returning there.

Am I the only one who thinks the show wastes too much time on Dany doing absolutely nothing? The constant barrage of aerial shots and closeups to force the epicness on you is getting so old.

image.jpeg
Am I the only one who thinks the show wastes too much time on Dany doing absolutely nothing? The constant barrage of aerial shots and closeups to force the epicness on you is getting so old.

I'm so ******* sick of this. It's to the point that I roll my eyes anytime they show her face. Her "proud noble pose" is so goddamn annoying. EVERYTIME she's on screen it has to be a 10 minute close-up of this
image.jpeg

After 7 seasons it's soooo old.

anyone think maybe word of stannis burning shireen spread across westeros making dragonstone seem like an "evil" place?

maybe thats why it was empty, like the people who were there and knew her heard about it and dipped?

You know NT though, someone always complaining about the dumbest thing. While it wasn't mentioned on the show, Stannis always hated Dragonstone. Robert gifted to him as a punishment for losing the Targaryen children (even though he technically didn't). It's no surprise once Stannis marched north he took everyone with him, he didn't have any intention of returning there.

Agree with both.

image.jpeg

I'm so ****ing sick of this. It's to the point that I roll my eyes anytime they show her face. Her "proud noble pose" is so goddamn annoying. EVERYTIME she's on screen it has to be a 10 minute close-up of this
image.jpeg

I can't wait until someone makes a montage of her doing that same pose for 8 seasons.

image.jpeg

I'm so ****ing sick of this. It's to the point that I roll my eyes anytime they show her face. Her "proud noble pose" is so goddamn annoying. EVERYTIME she's on screen it has to be a 10 minute close-up of this
image.jpeg

YES! I was telling one of my friends about this and he wasn't registering it at all. It's been endless seasons of it. Anytime I see on screen and it's nearing the end of an episode, I'm just like 'here we go with 10-15 minutes of overdramatization of Dany'

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I mean I get where you are coming from BUT..... for this season how can you be mad about it it was the moment she FINALLY made it to Westeros for the first time and its what they've been leading up to. If they didn't do it this time it would've made no sense lol .

the show is ultimately about her and Jon Snow.

i think the issue with her though is it's always felt inevitable. she's always been the chosen one. her best moment was in season 1 when we didn't know for sure. when she emerged from the fire, that was great. but since then, she's just marched forward with minimal setbacks (at least, they never felt serious) and it's sucked the energy out of a lot of her journey.

Jon Snow, meanwhile, went from a bastard cast away to the wall to dead to now the hero. So it's made his journey much more unpredictable and enjoyable.

plus, all the extra drama and music they've put on every khaleesi scene since the start has gotten old.

anyone think maybe word of stannis burning shireen spread across westeros making dragonstone seem like an "evil" place?

maybe thats why it was empty, like the people who were there and knew her heard about it and dipped?

stannis took everyone with him to the north. if people were left behind, they probably left after hearing stannis died.

Stannis hated Dragonstone, he wanted Storm's End but Robert gave it to Renly.

Why didn't anyone stick around after he died? Well because deep down soldiers don't really give a **** about their Lord's conflicts. It's just a job to them. So when he died everyone went back to living their lives.

Back
Top Bottom