Official FUTURE A1/FBG Thread

Who really care how big a artist is? You talking bout him reaching middle age white women...like who gives a damn about this stuff?

Are you going into the direction of album sales with this conversation?
i wanna see the man reach the highest success he can possibly reach, i dont want him to be stuck trying to always cater to the "streets" because at the end of the day the streets dont love you and are quick to move on to the next street rapper

All I'm saying is y'all gotta stop using the word great. 11 songs 4-6 GREAT songs? Its 3 maybe 4 good songs nothing GREAT about em. If u just wanted new music from the 2 or 1 and wanna ride to it cool but us future fans have been spoiled. His last 4 projects have been GREAT and minus honest and Pluto every other project was GREAT maybe astronaut status being just good. After the 4 peat we have high expectations so when he drops regular forgettable music we ain't rocking with it. F all the hype, we want the greatness we been getting. He really owe us ape **** now.
He doesn't owe us anything. Bruh could go on a 2 year vacation and still not owe us. And there's easily 4 great songs on this.

Last edited:
He doesn't owe us anything. Bruh could go on a 2 year vacation and still not owe us. And there's easily 4 great songs on this.

4real. Dude gave us 4 straight projects of TIMELESS music. How rare is it that Day 1 fans and radio are still playing tracks from Monster? Especially in this day and age. It's been a year since that came out.

Additionally, the top 4 songs on this tape are:

1. Live from the gutter
2. Jumpman
3. I'm the Plug
4. Jerseys

Those are all in tune with anything he's put out this past year, and would shine on any of the 4peats.

Those are good songs none of those are great tho. Great is 56 nights, codeine crazy, my savages, lay up, I don't need to go on b. Y'all go head and ride this hype tho withing 2 weeks u won't even speak of it no more. Mchg vol 2

Quote:
Those are good songs none of those are great tho. Great is 56 nights, codeine crazy, my savages, lay up, I don't need to go on b. Y'all go head and ride this hype tho withing 2 weeks u won't even speak of it no more. Mchg vol 2
Crazy. If you like something, it gotta be hype. Man.

Quote:
And if you dont like it, its gotta be hate...see how it works both ways lol. Lets just all agree to disagree
This.  People have different tastes.  Some people are going to like some things more than others.  Whats "Wack" to you might be "Great" to others, and Vice Versa.  Its alot of endless arguing in circles going on in here
laugh.gif

Let's salute these dudes being projected to do 500k in a week tho lol 
pimp.gif
.  If you a fan of either, especially Future, this is greatness.

Last edited:
I never understood the whip test
Post Malone even sounds good in the whip lmao

Only 3 good songs on this tape imo. Only a few Future songs I like in general I just can't deal with the mumbling all the time. Metro Boomin the real winner here though amazing production as usual.

Quote:

And if you dont like it, its gotta be hate...see how it works both ways lol. Lets just all agree to disagree

This.  People have different tastes.  Some people are going to like some things more than others.  Whats "Wack" to you might be "Great" to others, and Vice Versa.  Its alot of endless arguing in circles going on in here :lol: .

Let's salute these dudes being projected to do 500k in a week tho lol :pimp: .  If you a fan of either, especially Future, this is greatness.

All this.

Only 3 good songs on this tape imo. Only a few Future songs I like in general I just can't deal with the mumbling all the time. Metro Boomin the real winner here though amazing production as usual.
Whip test is simple.  Most cars have better sound quality and is a totally different sound stage than what most people usually consume music on (usually headphones/earbuds/laptop speakers/mid-range computer speakers).

When you listen to music on the lil white stringy earbuds, you arent getting the effect that the artists, producers, and engineers intended.  When you listen in a car setting, you are getting all of the bass, all of the stereo or surround separation,  more of the full frequency spectrum.   Some headphones/earbuds have great quality, but they are still nowhere near able to produce the same sound scene as full speakers.  99% of songs are NOT mixed for earbud/headphone/laptop speaker consumption.   Earbuds especially, simply cannot give you the experience you are intended to get.  Post Malone sounds good in the whip because thats what its meant for.

Plus its about mood also.  To use this tape as an example, this is music intended for clubs/trunks.  This isnt "sit and think" music.  If you listen to it in that setting, especially if you already arent partial to this type of music, you probably wont feel it as much as you could.  This type of music is better enjoyed when you are active/making moves than when you are just sitting on the couch listening.   There's alot of songs that you may not like when on a forced "gotta check it out" listen, but when you hear it in its intended environment (whip/club) you feel it more because you can RELATE more.  You are in the mood for that type of music.   Music will have a totally different feel depending on the setting and mood.  

I wouldnt voluntarily listen to No Flex Zone or No Type EVER in some headphones, but if im in the club or at a kickback with some bitties, that joint goes!!  But in that same token, I dont wanna hear no Nas in the club or around the females, but i'd definitely throw my Beats on and zone out to it.

Like someone else said Metro the real winner. From executive producer to producing for Futture to Travis Scott. One hell of a year.

Crazy how metro is that guy now. I remember when son was producing whole tapes for tay don talking bout he was going to college that next year. Fast forward 5 years he's the go to guy in his lane.

Whip test is simple.  Most cars have better sound quality and is a totally different sound stage than what most people usually consume music on (usually headphones/earbuds/laptop speakers/mid-range computer speakers).

When you listen to music on the lil white stringy earbuds, you arent getting the effect that the artists, producers, and engineers intended.  When you listen in a car setting, you are getting all of the bass, all of the stereo or surround separation,  more of the full frequency spectrum.   Some headphones/earbuds have great quality, but they are still nowhere near able to produce the same sound scene as full speakers.  99% of songs are NOT mixed for earbud/headphone/laptop speaker consumption.   Earbuds especially, simply cannot give you the experience you are intended to get.  Post Malone sounds good in the whip because thats what its meant for.

Plus its about mood also.  To use this tape as an example, this is music intended for clubs/trunks.  This isnt "sit and think" music.  If you listen to it in that setting, especially if you already arent partial to this type of music, you probably wont feel it as much as you could.  This type of music is better enjoyed when you are active/making moves than when you are just sitting on the couch listening.   There's alot of songs that you may not like when on a forced "gotta check it out" listen, but when you hear it in its intended environment (whip/club) you feel it more because you can RELATE more.  You are in the mood for that type of music.   Music will have a totally different feel depending on the setting and mood.  

I wouldnt voluntarily listen to No Flex Zone or No Type EVER in some headphones, but if im in the club or at a kickback with some bitties, that joint goes!!  But in that same token, I dont wanna hear no Nas in the club or around the females, but i'd definitely throw my Beats on and zone out to it.

Crazy how metro is that guy now. I remember when son was producing whole tapes for tay don talking bout he was going to college that next year. Fast forward 5 years he's the go to guy in his lane.

Last time I heard Tay Don mentioned was this semi-joint mixtape with 3-6 thread that I made in 2012 :lol: :lol:

This is cool.

Digital Dash, Diamonds Dancing, Change Locations are the best joints. :pimp:

This might have too many Metro beats. Drake just don't sound right over those beats. This needed a few Connect, Days In The East type of songs.

There's mad lean in NY.

Future verse on Live From The Gutter is gospel

Change Locations is growing on me

"The money made me hungry I'm a savage
I've seen stars lining up you can't imagine
I watched my broad give up on me like I'm average
I went back inside the attic count it up and started laughing, ha"

Last edited:
Stay away from lean.

Dudes just watch these dudes sipping it and wanna try it like its soda.

RIP Speaker Knockerz he was bout to run the game.

Back
Top Bottom