***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

It ain't that serious dude. Plus Gucci's sneaker game ain't really been hot for a minute now. They basically recycle the same design every year wit subtle changes here and there. Other designer brands like Balenciaga, Givenchy, Margiela, Balmain, LV have come up and taken their spotlight as far as the luxury sneaker game is concerned.
I'm know it's not that serious. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

laugh.gif

2014 preview.. i had a pair of  3's and a pair of 100's back in the day.. i didn't call them 100's tho.. i called them the filas with the strap

Last edited:
Are they using the grant hill name again? And are those old shoes that they used in their preview?

Are they using the grant hill name again? And are those old shoes that they used in their preview?

judging by them calling the gh 1 the 95 still in 2014 i doubt it....

the grant hill 3 was a very putrid shoe. very uncomfortable. one of the worst fitting shoes since the penny 1.

if they do not get grant hill to endorse the 3 there is no point in releasing them. this was the first model of the gh series to have his name and number on the outside of the shoe.

without his name it just looks like another nike knock off with the stupid little 10 speed bike reflector fila logo on the side....

and if they did bring grant hill back in expect the shoes to go up in price about 20 bucks.

fila already cutting cost releasing lower versions of sigs so i doubt the cheap bastards would pay hill to come back and lend his name...

:lol:  

2014 preview.. i had a pair of  3's and a pair of 100's back in the day.. i didn't call them 100's tho.. i called them the filas with the strap

smh that colorway of the gh 1 is my favorite. i might be forced to buy it even though i know they will butcher the shape, height, and panel on the side... :smh:

Placed my order this morning from Finishline with the $10 coupon. Picking up my pair tomorrow.
I'm praying these look a little better in person.
We'll see.

They look so weird. I have never seen a shoe cut like that. Its like they cut the top then stretched it

Just picked up my pair of Fila GH1s (or "The 95" as Fila is calling them now).

I'm disappointed that the midsole is made up of what feels like Styrofoam 
mean.gif

The upper is made of some cheap type of leather (like the one on the Fired Red 5s).

They also seem to fit kind of small compared to my other shoes.

I've never owned a pair of Filas before, so I'm not sure if this is the norm for their shoes or not.

The design is pretty much what I expected so overall they're keepers.

I do wish they had stayed truer to the look of the OGs.

Just picked up my pair of Fila GH1s (or "The 95" as Fila is calling them now).
I'm disappointed that the midsole is made up of what feels like Styrofoam :smh:
The upper is made of some cheap type of leather (like the one on the Fired Red 5s).
They also seem to fit kind of small compared to my other shoes.
I've never owned a pair of Filas before, so I'm not sure if this is the norm for their shoes or not.
The design is pretty much what I expected so overall they're keepers.
I do wish they had stayed truer to the look of the OGs.

naw fila use to use real good leather and quality. all my gh 2 retros have good quality and my gh 1 retro from a few years back uses leather i havent seen on shoes in a decade lol

havent held these yet

Last edited:
i guess the fila heritage and bulls by the horns pack sold so terribly that fila has begged eastbay to take their stock and sell them... lol

fsr of the heritage all star 96 and og white navy spaghetti along with the bulls by the horn og white/black and og white red spaghetti on eastbay.com now...

no exclusions but no free shipping unless you are a club member...

wonder if they do the same with the reintroduction 95's... i found it very suspicious that most sizes are gone on their website and the only sizes left were the same for each colorway...

Funny how on the release date almost nobody carried them, but now damn near any website that sells sneakers has them in-stock.

They even pushed their lil' Tobacco Road Pack release back by a week from 10/3 to 10/10. I'm thinking they scared of all the other releases coming out that weekend (Bel Air V, the Glove, Kobe Pit Viper) they probably thought pushing it back by one week might help. Think again Fila

Last edited:

What exactly is poor about their quality?
my biggest issues is the lines from the midsole not lining up with the line that goes around the shoe, i could live with everything everyone else complains about because these are still more comfortable that most of my retro j's but that line is a big aesthetic let down

I just ordered a size 10.5 pair in the grey CW. I wished I had found this post earlier, as I've seen photos online of the lines not matching up on the 96s.

Im a little worried about my pair not lining up... has anyone had this issue? is it limited to the size, or the CW? or is it random? I would have assumed that its dependent on the size you get.

I was lucky that both my kamikazes and shaqnosis lined up.

I just ordered a size 10.5 pair in the grey CW. I wished I had found this post earlier, as I've seen photos online of the lines not matching up on the 96s.

Im a little worried about my pair not lining up... has anyone had this issue? is it limited to the size, or the CW? or is it random? I would have assumed that its dependent on the size you get.

I was lucky that both my kamikazes and shaqnosis lined up.
what you saw in the pics of the misalignment is pretty much what we all got, i haven't looked at any of the others and some it wouldn't even matter like the tobacco, or usa, or olympics don't matter simple because its mostly solid and therefore harder to tell if the lines match, reason i want them red ones lol

damn, I was hoping it wouldnt be as bad as it sounds. There are some pictures online lined up, and non-lined up ones... I figured they were isolated incidents. Fingers crossed it wont be that bad... 

fwiw all of my fila 96 have been lined up proper... my all stars and white navy as well as my black and blue although my white/navy and black and blue 96 have been from previous retros of this shoe. my all stars were from this retro and were lined up nicely. also my olympics as mentioned above dont matter because they are all white lol

it looks like the white/navy and white/ stone/lime colorway has it the worst when not lining up properly...

I've had/seen a bunch of the recent Fila 96's..and more didn't line up than did. I wouldn't expect much from Fila, quality wise. Also, I've had quite of my shoes come directly from Fila.com, Packer Shoes, etc. with Dirt on them/stains/terrible creases/etc. I actually overbuy these kicks to keep the pairs that aren't as bad and send the others back. The quality control is seriously poor.

And I actually still have some Grant Hill 3's..and I wouldn't compare them to the Penny 1's at all. Perhaps just a different foot shape..but they fit me nicely with some nice cushion..the penny 1's, however, never fit right around my ankle and the cushioning sucked.

Kinda waiting to see if the 95's get marked down so I can buy 3-4 pairs and stash them away for awhile. Shape aside, still a classic we may never see again...especially if Fila continues their BS and goes bankrupt.

Back
Top Bottom