::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

Messi is plenty great.

However there's a long history between Germany and the Dutch, on and off the pitch.

That is absolutely the game I want to see.

LOL and Argentina Germany isnt a crazy rivalry? Germany Argentina would be the best final IMO. Learn your history folks. Argentina and Germany played each other in 2 consecutive World cup finals. Argentina beating them in 86' and Germany winning in 90'. This would be the rematch best of 3. An all European final would be a huge disappointment. Plus having the best player in the world go against the best team in the world would be fun to see.

Messi is plenty great.

However there's a long history between Germany and the Dutch, on and off the pitch.

That is absolutely the game I want to see.
LOL and Argentina Germany isnt a crazy rivalry? Germany Argentina would be the best final IMO. Learn your history folks. Argentina and Germany played each other in 2 consecutive World cup finals. Argentina beating them in 86' and Germany winning in 90'. This would be the rematch best of 3. An all European final would be a huge disappointment. Plus having the best player in the world go against the best team in the world would be fun to see.
Not one thing you've said changes anything I said.

Germany and Holland also met in '90 on Germany's way to that Cup W and many times before and after that.  Multiple red cards handed out in that '90 match.

Not to mention the countries histories with Germany invading in WWII and them sharing a border.

Germany vs Dutch > Germany vs Argentina as far as "rivalries" go.  

Last edited:
Not one thing you've said changes anything I said.

Germany and Holland also met in '90 on Germany's way to that Cup W and many times before and after that.  Multiple red cards handed out in that '90 match.

Not to mention the countries histories with Germany invading in WWII and them sharing a border.

Germany vs Dutch > Germany vs Argentina as far as "rivalries" go.  

Thats your opinion I respect it. I wouldn't be mad at that final. Id definitely be rooting for the Dutch. Still mad they didn't beat Spain in 10'

But to me. Best player in the world playing best team, two teams that have met in a world cup finals >>>

And like a said before, we need a south american team in the finals.

Not to mention its very similar considering Maradona was at his peak in 86'.. and so is Messi now. I dont know man. I'm not a Messi stan by any means but imagine if he wins the World Cup in BRAZIL :x.
Thats Legendary status. I just want to witness something epic like that.

Meet "The Saddest Man In Brazil"

rfdgtt4xnxwnljk1jlud.gif

He's been dubbed "the saddest man in Brazil," after cameras caught caught him hugging his replica World Cup trophy during Brazil's blowout loss, his face twisted by emotion. But don't you worry about the man who'd rather call himself "Gaúcho da Copa"—he's led just about the best life a soccer fan can lead.

Clovis Acosta Fernandes, 58, is the Seleção's superfan. This is the seventh World Cup he has attended, for more than 150 international matches. So if nothing else, Fernandes has been in the house to watch Brazil win World Cups in 1994 and 2002—more than enough to make fandom worth it.

ngpyzqxp37xgujn9nkug.jpg

It began in 1990, Fernandes told German site Kicker, when he made a spur-of-the-moment decision to drop his job as a pizzeria owner and headed to Italy. After that, he sold his restaurant and made it part of his life, with the endorsement of his wife. Of course, he would have done it without her blessing, he jokes. "When my wife has said, 'go'' of course I go. If she had said 'no,' I would still go and never come back."

Donning a hat, breeches, and boots as his uniform and dubbing himself "Gaúcho da Copa"—very roughly, the Cup Cowboy—Fernandes started an informal supporters group. "I decided not to dream alone," he told Brazilian site Terra earlier this year. "I invited my friends."

a2iyh5wvhtuj6mdedeuh.jpg

With a rotating cast, he has attended every World Cup since, as well as Copas America, Confederation Cups, the Olympics, and various international friendlies. Usually that entails renting a car in international destinations, but in 2002, Fernandes arrived in Japan only to discover his insurance wouldn't cover it. So he bought a car. But when the tournament ended, with a Brazil championship, he had to do something with it. "I traded the car for a PlayStation," he says. "I gave a gift to my son. Seriously."

He's had his share of mishaps—in 1998 the group rented an apartment in Paris, and for lunch one day purchased baguettes and pâté. It was only after everyone ran to the bathroom that they figured out the "pâté" was actually dog food.

Like any highly visible superfan, he's become a media sensation at this World Cup. He's been interviewed by newspapers both domestic and foreign, posed for photos with tourists, and been captured by FIFA's cameras—rarely without his replica trophy in hand. He's even taken part in a small protest against racism in soccer.

xthev3mfyv8rcs9ytika.jpg

And like any highly visible superfan, his support isn't as grassroots as it used to be. It was revealed that in 2009 his trip to the Confed Cup in South Africa was paid for by the state government of Rio Grande do Sul, to the tune of nearly 15,000 Brazilian reais (more than $6,000 USD). He was sent, he said, "to promote gaúcho culture." His 2010 World Cup trip was paid for in part by a sponsorship with a travel agency. It's not clear if he paid for his attendance at this World Cup out of his own pocket.

It took yesterday's brief few seconds of televised pain for Fernandes to come to the world's attention, but he's getting a second wind today thanks to this photo and a Reddit thread that claims he gave his replica trophy to a Germany fan.

dvyoryzkbaf6u9muk8f0.png

The photo is great, the narrative about him passing the trophy off may not be true. It's unsourced, and there are plenty of photos showing fans posing with Fernandes's trophy, both before and after matches. Still, it speaks to Brazilian magnanimity after a truly tough day. Even if the facts aren't quite right, the sentiment prevails.

And as far as Fernandes is concerned, Brazil's loss couldn't have come to a better team. Way back in 2010, he was asked who he's like to see go far at this World Cup—besides the Brazilians, of course. "I really like Germany," he said. "The formation of the gaúcho has a lot to do with the culture of the German people, I mean, I feel a little German."
seems like a cool guy
smokin.gif

I like how you didn't respond to the post which exposed you as a bandwagoner but then try to come in here clearly assuming I'm mad with funny gifs lol next time @ me so I don't see by chance. Plus you should've put that kid in the stands with a green shirt who danced while on camera, the baby is kinda old. The Cartman one though, I like that one, haven't seen it.

Brazil have not won a WC since 2002, if you think I'm mad at us not being able to win again, you my bandwagoning friend are wrong. Disappointed? Yeah, mad? Nah. Acting like this is the last WC, :lol:  I mean I know you're new to this but every 4 years, every 4 years. Hope I see you in here 2018 :D
Real talk. Santos also has Vitor Andrade and Giva coming up in the ranks. All 3 signed a pre contract with Barcelona too that was in the Neymar deal. Vinicius Araujo is another striker that Brazil could potentially use in the future who is now a Valencia player (former Mafia Azul of course :pimp: )

Edit: Lucas & Coutinho will be joining Neymar in the Brazilian jersey. O sonho continua. Copa America 2015.

:rofl: :rofl: @ exposed
other than that....
View media item 1069088View media item 1069090

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ exposed
other than that....
Proved my point, I didn't expect you to really read anyway, cause you don't even have time to "sit there and analyze the players" 
laugh.gif
 (My favorite thing that you've posted lmfao Cartman is a close second). Second half wasn't for you though, you wouldn't understand. Keep them gifs coming though 
happy.gif
 cause one of us clearly feels some type of way.

Why are people in here targeting the only vocal Brasilian fan? How are people who've never posted in any of the football threads in the past 3-4 years all of a sudden trying to accuse people of being bandwagoners?

Proved my point, I didn't expect you to really read anyway, cause you don't even have time to "sit there and analyze the players" :lol:  (My favorite thing that you've posted lmfao Cartman is a close second). Second half wasn't for you though, you wouldn't understand. Keep them gifs coming though :D  cause one of us clearly feels some type of way.

you didn't prove a damn thing :lol:
if it really makes you feel better for "exposing a bandwagoner" after that massacre brazeel just went through then be my guest :lol:

Brasil forever!!!!!
pimp.gif
 BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL
Why are people in here targeting the only vocal Brasilian fan? How are people who've never posted in any of the football threads in the past 3-4 years all of a sudden trying to accuse people of being bandwagoners?
Let's be honest here, from someone's posts, you can tell who watches football and who is just saying **** to say it. It's quite simple. And I don't mind the "targeting" I've found out it comes with a lot of gifs 
laugh.gif
. I'll be on the lookout for these "football threads", didn't know NT had them, I was surprised at the WC thread to be honest, it was on the cover page.

[/S]
you didn't prove a damn thing
laugh.gif

if it really makes you feel better for "exposing a bandwagoner" after that massacre brazeel just went through then be my guest
laugh.gif
Feel better? I felt fine after the loss. I did feel better when you told me you didn't have the time to analyze the players though, that I have to thank you for, I've never heard someone say that, at least not when it comes to football.

Idk if you're German or what but it seems like this 7-1 game affected you more than it did me lol WSS has some cool "results" shirt that has 7-1 on it and the 7 has the German flag in it and the 1 has Brazil's flag. I could PM link?

it's not because he's vocal, it's because of the way he carries himself with his posting and the elitist attitude he displays.

:pimp:  BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL

Let's be honest here, from someone's posts, you can tell who watches football and who is just saying **** to say it. It's quite simple.
no you can't and no it isn't :lol:
people have the right to post simple observations (which is what this thread is mostly composed of) or a full on analysis. it doesn't say anything about their knowledge of the game.

Thats your opinion I respect it. I wouldn't be mad at that final. Id definitely be rooting for the Dutch. Still mad they didn't beat Spain in 10'

But to me. Best player in the world playing best team, two teams that have met in a world cup finals >>>

Messi is plenty great.

Hmmmm...so Messi is the best player in the world? I thought that guy from Portugal was...Ronaldo? Don't flame me...I'm a soccer noob, just asking questions. Either way it looks like the final is gonna be a great game but if Holland has has the better 'team" I'd rather see that than one great player trying to outdo the Germans.

Messi is plenty great.

Hmmmm...so Messi is the best player in the world? I thought that guy from Portugal was...Ronaldo? Don't flame me...I'm a soccer noob, just asking questions. Either way it looks like the final is gonna be a great game but if Holland has has the better 'team" I'd rather see that than one great player trying to outdo the Germans.

everyone has their own view of it. some people like Messi, some like CR7.

i'm in the CR7 camp

I wouldn't know who to pick... But I know that Ronaldo abuses me quite a bit more in FIFA 14 than Messi does. 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Feel better? I felt fine after the loss. I did feel better when you told me you didn't have the time to analyze the players though, that I have to thank you for, I've never heard someone say that, at least not when it comes to football.
:lol: stay misquoting me though. i never said that I didn't have time to analyze players. I said i didn't have time to sit here and make a post analyzing players just to prove my knowledge of futbol to you or anyone else.

Shouldn't sports always be about the team being good, not just having a star player? If the entire team falls apart because a single player is out, that's a problem. Sure, I can see how the rest of the team can suffer some loss of morale out on the field, but what happened with Brazil was...history. Literally history.

Also FIFA games have the best glitches. Sometimes I'm convinced they put them in there on purpose.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom