OFFICIAL FANTASY BASKETBALL 2013-2014 Season

Finally drafted! H2H 12 teams. Thoughts?

1.(10)Carmelo Anthony (NY - SF,PF)
2.(15)Al Jefferson (Cha - PF,C)
3.(34)Kemba Walker (Cha - PG)
4.(39)David Lee (GS - PF,C)
5.(58)George Hill (Ind - PG,SG)
6.(63)Enes Kanter (Uta - C)
7.(82)O.J. Mayo (Mil - SG)
8.(87)Robin Lopez (Por - C)
9.(106)Raymond Felton (NY - PG,SG)
10.(111)Arron Afflalo (Orl - SG,SF)
11.(130)Kyle Korver (Atl - SG,SF)
12.(135)Reggie Jackson (OKC - PG)
13.(154)Vitor Faverani (Bos - C)
nerd.gif
where are you getting assists from? your 3 PGs average around 6 assts per game, not enough for a PG IMO. You drafted well on your bigs considering they're scoring and rebounding bigs with Lee, Jefferson, and Lopez. Also I think you drafted a lot of individual scorers that doesn't add much to other categories

main thing I look for when drafting a position is if they're around the league average of a category expected from their position (ie PG = ASSTS) and if they contribute to other stats as well. You have a couple of players that really contribute in one category for the most part which are Melo, Mayo and Korver. Melo can sometimes contribute to REBs averaging around 7 pg which is alright but he's a forward and interchangeable at PF I think, and definitely not enough assists if you place him among other stars in his position. Mayo is the same, only contributes to scoring for the most part, gets you assists but also affects your TOs. Then you have Korver who only gives you 3PTM and I guess PTs total.

sorry if it's a long read but trying to help out a W's season thread regular.
tongue.gif

btw anyone use fanduel for fantasy basketball? I wanna try it out but their scoring is a bit weird considering it'll be my first time playing it.
you have to realize that you dont have to win every category to win a league, you just have to win enough from your opponents. every team cannot have all the bigs and all the smalls and win every category so even with 3 pgs you will be able to win at least 50% of your assist categories throughout the season as long as you match up well.

injuries/promotions/demotions/trades happen all year round. picking up pgs will be very easy throughout the season. a drafted team will never be your final team when the  seasons over

Last edited:
^ Plus I am noticing that your weekly wins usually comes from players whose teams play more games that week than your opponent's players. Like if you have a bunch of players from teams that play 4-5 games that week in comparison to players with only 3-4 games that week.

yes definitely. so many factors play a role in Fantasy basketball so you really have to keep up with all the games/player news to win a league

Got offered Paul George and Larry Sanders for Kevin Love. Would you guys do it? This is my team...
How long is that trade on the table? Because Jeff Green is really up in the air right now.

My initial reaction was to say yes, then afterwards you have to try and ship Green.

chris paul
LJ
Cousins
Gasol
Deng
Boozer
Gay
Pekovic
MarShon Brooks
Zeller
Dwight
Tony Parker
Westbrook
Bryant
Josh Smith.

:x

Not my team.

Last edited:

Got offered Paul George and Larry Sanders for Kevin Love. Would you guys do it? This is my team...

How long is that trade on the table? Because Jeff Green is really up in the air right now.

My initial reaction was to say yes, then afterwards you have to try and ship Green.
whats wrong with jeff green?
Nothing, I just expect him to struggle mightily being that hes going to be tasked with being the Celtics leading scorer. Its not going to bode well for him.

whats wrong with jeff green?
Nothing, I just expect him to struggle mightily being that hes going to be tasked with being the Celtics leading scorer. Its not going to bode well for him.
i feel like if he gets 20 shots a night he will put up some fantasy relevance. he could  be a consistent 3pt stat guy along with a couple rebs

Jeff Green can put up Paul George numbers in a perfect world. Only reason i'm sorta hesitating on trade right now. He said it'll be on the table, i'll wait a couple of weeks.

Been really busy this quarter (19 units). I'm actually in a lab right now but my friend really wanted me to put his league up here so we can get more teams before the draft later

Damn, I feel you. I'm on my phone waaaay too much when I'm in class/lecture/labs :lol: :lol:

But I joined your league :smile:

if it's not filled up by 7 I'm bailing tho

For sure bro! 

We drafted for a 7 team league last night, homie wasn't satisfied so he wanted to make a bigger league 
laugh.gif

just completed a money league draft on yahoo. Grade? (Listed in order of picks)

Derrick Rose
Kobe Bryant
Damian Lillard
Klay Thompson
Russell Westbrook
Andre Drummond
Jonas Valanciunas
Carlos Boozer
Andrew Bogut
Lance Stephenson
Reggie Jackson
Deandre jordan
Nick Young

just completed a money league draft on yahoo. Grade? (Listed in order of picks)

Derrick Rose
Kobe Bryant
Damian Lillard
Klay Thompson
Russell Westbrook
Andre Drummond
Jonas Valanciunas
Carlos Boozer
Andrew Bogut
Lance Stephenson
Reggie Jackson
Deandre jordan
Nick Young

nice team, will be sick IF they all come back super healthy... Mamba and Russ
:smokin

Have any you participated in an auction draft before? The ones where you have a certain salary cap you use to bid on players? How was it?

I'm asking cause my friend is using this draft format for another league I'm in and I've never done that before.

Last edited:
Have any you participated in an auction draft before? The ones where you have a certain salary cap you use to bid on players? How was it?

I'm asking cause my friend is using this draft format for another league I'm in and I've never done that before.
the drafts take FOREVER. if you have patients you will do fine. dont bid too high on random people

thought about doing that, but my friends that asked me to join do it all the time, and i feel like id get raped.

Back
Top Bottom