[| -- Official Fabolous Loso's Way Album Discussion Thread: New Date Drops July 28th -- |]

Originally Posted by XCellzisCrack

Originally Posted by jmause3

Aside from the intro and pachanga i really cant get into it, but i can see why people like it though
pretty much my opinion

i think he should of went in more on that feel like im back beat
nah its the beat period

its really empty

and fab aint the type of rapper to be rapping over empty beats with a mono vocal like his
laugh.gif

the beat sounds like a remake of a shawty redd beat with less flavor

If fabolous puts his acappella over this ..then it would sound more epic then what it is
sick.gif

Big_Kuntry_King_-_We_Here__Instrumental_.mp3 - 7.14MB

DONT SLEEP ^^

Movie is terrible but the CD is still knockin hard in the whip. About to go cop the Deluxe either today or 2morrow. They didnt have it at my Best Buy when Iwent earlier this week.

Good looks to Gotty & yungchamp.

I knew that BS earlier about the Fab/Game track and "What It Look Like" weren't the Official Bonus Tracks which is why I keptasking throughout this thread.

Those still ain't the official official bonus joints. iTunes has "Chitty Chitty" at 2:15. Oh well...

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

Aside from the intro and pachanga i really cant get into it, but i can see why people like it though
pretty much my opinion

nah its the beat period

its really empty

and fab aint the type of rapper to be rapping over empty beats with a mono vocal like his
laugh.gif

If fabolous puts his acappella over this ..then it would sound more epic then what it is
sick.gif

DONT SLEEP ^^

word justice league disappointed me again wit that **#+...

Originally Posted by dunnyy

Those still ain't the official official bonus joints. iTunes has "Chitty Chitty" at 2:15. Oh well...
Serious?
smh.gif
L

Gotta find that 2:15 version then..

So wait the Deluxe version doesnt have the bonus tracks?

And why doesnt someone with Itunes just post em. Im sure someone on here bought the album through ITunes.

yea i seen that on itunes but i can only find the 1:48 version on the net
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by yungchamp

ohwell.gif
Yupp. It's been bugging me for the last week. I think the "Welcome to My Workplace" floating around is an audio rip from the vid aswell.
tired.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Friday, July 17, 2009[/h2]http:// [h3]Fabolous: Loso's Way [Album Review][/h3]
Since Nas' controversial statement in 2006 that hip hop was dead, it would seem that emcees are hellbent on preserving it, mainly by way of the "concept" record. Following in the footsteps of fellow Brooklynite Jay-Z, rapper Fabolous began work on his fifth studio LP, an album based around the gangster flick Carlito's Way. For years, the stigma that he was becoming hip hop's newest "ladies' man" has dogged his footsteps so it remains to be seen whether Loso's Way be a return to his gritter roots...

Loso begins his most daring project yet over triumphant production by StreetRunner as he addresses the press with flames, dropping clever gems like "$$$+ em all, mother**** em all / Y'all done turned a Good Guy into a Chucky doll / I woulda been ya friend to the end, *$%!$". DJ Khalil continues to show why he's one of the freshest producers around, supplying Fab on "Imma Do It" as he drops heatrocks, as hungry as he's ever been before jumping on some boardwork done by premier production group The J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League on "Feel Like I'm Back".

Fabolous recruits charming newcomer Keri Hilson for assistance over the grandoise "Everything, Everyday, Everywhere", arguably the summer's next surefire hit. The multi-talented Ryan Leslie contributes to Loso's Way on the piano-driven "The Fabolous Life" before Fabolous slows the album down for the ladies. Jermaine Durpi provides soothing production for the (now) standard ladies tracks "Makin' Love" and "Last Time", the former featuring frequent Fab collaborator Ne-Yo (begging to wonder whether their rumored collaboration album will ever come into fruition) and the latter featuring arguably R&B's premier hook man Trey Songz.

Sid V (of Duo Live) teams up with Fabolous for easily the album's standout cut, the eeiry "Pachanga" as Fabolous goes in over the fine parallel line between a friend and an enemy and how easily the lines can be blurred and change. The menacing "Lullaby" showcases a grittier Fabolous, one arguably not seen since 2004's "Breathe", with excellent scratches of "Rock-a-bye, Baby" (of New Jack City fame) infused by Just Blaze into Alchemist's concentrated soundscape. Neo-soul songbird Marsha Ambrosius makes a key guest appearance on "Stay" as Fabolous gets introspective, touching on personal memories of his father walking out on him and how he recently became a father himself and missed out on significant moments in his son's early life before concluding his latest disc with the haunting narrative "I Miss My Love".
While originally slated to be a concept record influenced by famed flick Carlito's Way, Loso's Way fails in the same vein as Jay-Z's American Gangster: it's more of a Fabolous album then it is a concept record (as the concept only remotely appears during the final couple of records). Fabolous encorporates a variety of producers and production is excellent throughout, but the massive amount of guests combined with Fabolous' reliance on ladies-oriented tracks weighs this "R&B" album down in the long run. While his attempt to craft a successful concept album fails, his ability to appeal to all audiences makes Loso's Way a success and quite possibly his best opus since his debut on the scene.

4 spins (out of 5)

Review by Rakeem Johnson

LINK

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Friday, July 17, 2009[/h2]http:// [h3]Fabolous: Loso's Way [Album Review][/h3]
Since Nas' controversial statement in 2006 that hip hop was dead, it would seem that emcees are hellbent on preserving it, mainly by way of the "concept" record. Following in the footsteps of fellow Brooklynite Jay-Z, rapper Fabolous began work on his fifth studio LP, an album based around the gangster flick Carlito's Way. For years, the stigma that he was becoming hip hop's newest "ladies' man" has dogged his footsteps so it remains to be seen whether Loso's Way be a return to his gritter roots...

Loso begins his most daring project yet over triumphant production by StreetRunner as he addresses the press with flames, dropping clever gems like "$$$+ em all, mother**** em all / Y'all done turned a Good Guy into a Chucky doll / I woulda been ya friend to the end, *$%!$". DJ Khalil continues to show why he's one of the freshest producers around, supplying Fab on "Imma Do It" as he drops heatrocks, as hungry as he's ever been before jumping on some boardwork done by premier production group The J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League on "Feel Like I'm Back".

Fabolous recruits charming newcomer Keri Hilson for assistance over the grandoise "Everything, Everyday, Everywhere", arguably the summer's next surefire hit. The multi-talented Ryan Leslie contributes to Loso's Way on the piano-driven "The Fabolous Life" before Fabolous slows the album down for the ladies. Jermaine Durpi provides soothing production for the (now) standard ladies tracks "Makin' Love" and "Last Time", the former featuring frequent Fab collaborator Ne-Yo (begging to wonder whether their rumored collaboration album will ever come into fruition) and the latter featuring arguably R&B's premier hook man Trey Songz.

Sid V (of Duo Live) teams up with Fabolous for easily the album's standout cut, the eeiry "Pachanga" as Fabolous goes in over the fine parallel line between a friend and an enemy and how easily the lines can be blurred and change. The menacing "Lullaby" showcases a grittier Fabolous, one arguably not seen since 2004's "Breathe", with excellent scratches of "Rock-a-bye, Baby" (of New Jack City fame) infused by Just Blaze into Alchemist's concentrated soundscape. Neo-soul songbird Marsha Ambrosius makes a key guest appearance on "Stay" as Fabolous gets introspective, touching on personal memories of his father walking out on him and how he recently became a father himself and missed out on significant moments in his son's early life before concluding his latest disc with the haunting narrative "I Miss My Love".
While originally slated to be a concept record influenced by famed flick Carlito's Way, Loso's Way fails in the same vein as Jay-Z's American Gangster: it's more of a Fabolous album then it is a concept record (as the concept only remotely appears during the final couple of records). Fabolous encorporates a variety of producers and production is excellent throughout, but the massive amount of guests combined with Fabolous' reliance on ladies-oriented tracks weighs this "R&B" album down in the long run. While his attempt to craft a successful concept album fails, his ability to appeal to all audiences makes Loso's Way a success and quite possibly his best opus since his debut on the scene.

4 spins (out of 5)

Review by Rakeem Johnson

LINK

How much they get paid for this?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yungchamp

dunnyy wrote:

ohwell.gif
Yupp. It's been bugging me for the last week. I think the "Welcome to My Workplace" floating around is an audio rip from the vid as well.
tired.gif

yea it is...but the link i posted above is the actual song because the one i had before had the beat dropping as soon as it came on and the link above isactually the right one which i have been lookin for for a minute now

What's the story behind "There He Go"?

I remember hearing it in the beginning of Red Cafes Paper Touchin remix video.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Nahright.com is our friend, use it.
Nahright got the same goods as the ones that were previously linked to in this post.

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

pretty much my opinion

nah its the beat period

its really empty

laugh.gif

sick.gif

DONT SLEEP ^^
yea that track did sound like it was produced by shawty redd

i thought i was the only one who listened to big kuntry KING album

that album was slept on imo.

tried to get the deluxe edition yesterday at the mall... Best Buy & Target were sold out, they said they had some coming in again which should be theretoday or tm, they also said they were surprised with the demand for the album/movie hence the delay on the restock

I copped it Friday nite and I think it's decent at best. That joint he has with Marsha from Floetry is serious business. She did her thing.

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

I dunno how some of y'all can't %@@% with this:

This album has 2 weak tracks: Throw It In The Bag & Makin' Love (NeYo track)

This album has 2 decent tracks: Salute & There He Go (actually I might like There He Go a lot better if it wasn't 3-4 months old).

Other than those 4 tracks, the rest of the album is fire.
i like Throw it in the Bag actually.

Makin Love, I think we can all agree, is pretty weak.

As i continue to listen though, I think my least favorite songs are Salute and There He Go.

Back
Top Bottom