[| -- Official Fabolous Loso's Way Album Discussion Thread: New Date Drops July 28th -- |]

Originally Posted by BountyKillerJR

problem is Fab already told you Ninjas
He wont give you that Mixtape feel on albums, thats for the mixtape..

Females wont buy an album full of hard hitting bars,
they want to buy it for their songs not ours!!

Ninjas aint buying albums anymore anyway, only chicks buy albums...

Thats not it.

I 110% understand the balance of what he means by making the album for the buying crowd.... but im not giving Fab a pass on this anymore for this simplereason.

There is a balance of making an album, you have to have your hit singles to get the spins and keep the registers ringing...
there is a reason why there are few artist who maintain success and stay on top, because its not easy there is no "formula", and Fab keeps thinkinghe can use this "formula" and win.
or actually i dont think he thinks he can win, i think he is content with just going Gold and having enough $$$ to do whatever he does.

Fab has the personality of a guy who is naturally talented at doing something but never works on his craft.... therefore he is content with being average.

From Nothing to Something is a perfect example... if you strip maybe 7 songs off that album, you have the perfect Fabolous album.... His market is Ladies, hecovered that "TOO" much, then he went with the street songs, but they all sound like fillers... that album had no direction or fluidity

since its simple for him to make hit female records... he needs to put more time and effort into making ALL the other songs, its like when you already good atdribbling with your right hand, you not gonna put the same effort into the right as you do developing the left hand.... he needs to perfect every aspect ofmaking an album... he does a terrible job at combining what people love from the mixtapes and doing it on his album

and for the end of my rant... he says he only does the "mixtape feel" for the mixtapes, but mixtapes are free.... so if dudes are checking for youralbum and the complain that you not going hard on the album, then thats telling you that them same people you wrote off are ACTUALLY checking for youralbum..... thus missed sales

and where are yall coming form with "too many chick joints"? please tell me..im not saying this cd is great but damn..what chick joints yall talkingabout?

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Thats not it.

I 110% understand the balance of what he means by making the album for the buying crowd.... but im not giving Fab a pass on this anymore for this simple reason.

There is a balance of making an album, you have to have your hit singles to get the spins and keep the registers ringing...
there is a reason why there are few artist who maintain success and stay on top, because its not easy there is no "formula", and Fab keeps thinking he can use this "formula" and win.
or actually i dont think he thinks he can win, i think he is content with just going Gold and having enough $$$ to do whatever he does.

Fab has the personality of a guy who is naturally talented at doing something but never works on his craft.... therefore he is content with being average.

From Nothing to Something is a perfect example... if you strip maybe 7 songs off that album, you have the perfect Fabolous album.... His market is Ladies, he covered that "TOO" much, then he went with the street songs, but they all sound like fillers... that album had no direction or fluidity

since its simple for him to make hit female records... he needs to put more time and effort into making ALL the other songs, its like when you already good at dribbling with your right hand, you not gonna put the same effort into the right as you do developing the left hand.... he needs to perfect every aspect of making an album... he does a terrible job at combining what people love from the mixtapes and doing it on his album

and for the end of my rant... he says he only does the "mixtape feel" for the mixtapes, but mixtapes are free.... so if dudes are checking for your album and the complain that you not going hard on the album, then thats telling you that them same people you wrote off are ACTUALLY checking for your album..... thus missed sales
Just cuz *@@!#% is checkin for your album doesnt mean that they are looking to buy it. The sales he would gain with a str8 mixtape album he wouldlose double that because no girl is going to buy TINC 2. I dont get why you think he would appeal to the same girls that buy his album now if he has no femaletracks on the album.

And your other comment on just being happy with going gold. What rapper is going platinum anymore? Unless your last name is Carter Platinum is tough to do. Ifyou can do 750,000 units in the first 1 1/2 months right now you put out a real good album.

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Im guessing the shot at Cam is when he said "Isn't it ironic Santana's own fellow stabbed him"....

grin.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
yeah cam in the studio recording the street fam diss with hell rell & mase

i hope not
eyes.gif
.... all over one line huh.. Fab doesnt do the back and forthgame unless its ping pong...

-J23C

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Thats not it.

I 110% understand the balance of what he means by making the album for the buying crowd.... but im not giving Fab a pass on this anymore for this simple reason.

there is a reason why there are few artist who maintain success and stay on top, because its not easy there is no "formula", and Fab keeps thinking he can use this "formula" and win.

From Nothing to Something is a perfect example... if you strip maybe 7 songs off that album, you have the perfect Fabolous album.... His market is Ladies, he covered that "TOO" much, then he went with the street songs, but they all sound like fillers... that album had no direction or fluidity

since its simple for him to make hit female records... he needs to put more time and effort into making ALL the other songs, its like when you already good at dribbling with your right hand, you not gonna put the same effort into the right as you do developing the left hand.... he needs to perfect every aspect of making an album... he does a terrible job at combining what people love from the mixtapes and doing it on his album

and for the end of my rant... he says he only does the "mixtape feel" for the mixtapes, but mixtapes are free.... so if dudes are checking for your album and the complain that you not going hard on the album, then thats telling you that them same people you wrote off are ACTUALLY checking for your album..... thus missed sales
Just cuz *@@!#% is checkin for your album doesnt mean that they are looking to buy it. The sales he would gain with a str8 mixtape album he would lose double that because no girl is going to buy TINC 2. I dont get why you think he would appeal to the same girls that buy his album now if he has no female tracks on the album.

And your other comment on just being happy with going gold. What rapper is going platinum anymore? Unless your last name is Carter Platinum is tough to do. If you can do 750,000 units in the first 1 1/2 months right now you put out a real good album.

nowhere in my post did i say that he shouldnt have NO female tracks... actually i completly said nothing to make you think i meant that,
i said he is good money with making hit girl tracks, i said he needs to come with a balance of what people love from his mixtapes and what he does on hisalbums

and the "nobody going platinum these days" thing..... im not buying it... Jeezy hasnt done less than 800,000 on an album and his lowest one is therecession. which had zero girl tracks as singles. So im not buying that, just cuz its rare doesnt mean that its impossible,

and i know ALOT of dudes who cop albums, they cop mixtapes heavy and they go out and buy albums... you cant tell me it dont happen cuz not EVERYONE copsbootleggs, yes it has hurt the industry and dudes and going 3 or 4 times platinum anymore, but its not impossible

^jeezy also had "My president is Black" around the time the election was goin on and when he was elected...not to mention the numerous videos he hasdone jus to get that album to where its at

Originally Posted by jefffort5

^jeezy also had "My president is Black" around the time the election was goin on and when he was elected...not to mention the numerous videos he has done jus to get that album to where its at
true..
no denying that,
but in Jeezy's 3 albums, you cant tell me that its majority females copping all these albums to make him go Platinum
all im saying is females do buy the majority of the records, but dudes DO cop albums, thats almost not debatable.... cuz we on here all download albums, but westill cop certain albums,

^jeezy also had "My president is Black" around the time the election was goin on and when he was elected...not to mention the numerous videos he has done jus to get that album to where its at
true..
no denying that,
but in Jeezy's 3 albums, you cant tell me that its majority females copping all these albums to make him go Platinum
all im saying is females do buy the majority of the records, but dudes DO cop albums, thats almost not debatable.... cuz we on here all download albums, but we still cop certain albums,
Jeezy is also down South. People down South support their artists. But im not gonna keep giving excuses. But How do you feel this album isntbalanced since you said that is what you meant in your first arguement? I would say that this CD is very well balanced. And again I restate not many goplatinum nowadays and you just reitterated that by using Jeezy as your arguement when you said he sold 800,000. I clearly stated if you can move 750,000 copiesthat constitutes a success in this era.

Again if you think that the album is garbage thats on you, I cant change that. Im just saying ur arguements dont seem to hold a lot of water and it comes offas maybe you just dont like Fab.

Met her Uptown on ****man, iight then, light skin, Starin' with a slight grin, Iono might been/ Cuz I'm in this white benz, Or the way the ice in the Breitling flash brighter than the lightning/ But I knew from right then she was 'bout her money, and I should fit right in knowin' how I might spend/ To make the story short other than a tight end, had a Washington Heights friend who bring that white in/ Setup a meeting, her dude caught a flight in, sat down at Sol and popped a bottle of white then got straight to business like two corporate white men/ The food came, before I could take a bite in, he said you the type I usually don't invite in, but since we got a like friend, I could get you like 10/ I told 'em I could move like 10 by night's end, put the white over the plate like I'm throwin strikes in/ El Duque got a dude in the UK, buy five bricks at a time 22k/ He send the Euros, I send the puro, now that's the real meaning of a foreign exchange/ He smiled, then finished his glass of wine, there's a van outside pull your S-Class behind/ My man would pass a dime at one five a pop, told shorty make the drop, don't make no stops/ I gave em a handshake, some dollas for the tab, Gave shorty the location then I holla'd for a cab/ I hit mike, told em send a wire to the buyas, word got round like we was passin' out flyas/ And them things went as quick as they came, I'm back being a hustla this chick is to blame/ I said them things went as quick as they came, I'm back to being a hustla this chick is to blame
12 months in turned the Benz to a Lambo, everywhere the Fam go, Corks fly cham flow/ I gotta celebrate that's the way I am yo, in the past week I watched 50 thousand grams go/ pocket full money, army full of Rambo's, trunk full of bricks handguns full of ammo/ Even got detectives if something goes wrong, the money so strong they see it from my perspective/ But with my shorty, a n***a so protected and should be, she the one who know where the connect live/ She don't talk much, real calm and collected, seen somethin' in me cuz shorty's very selective/ I tell her fall back, shorty still abide, she say the rush of the risk just make her feel alive/ I listen and I fuss, sayin that I must, let her do it cuz it ain't too many n****s that I trust/ So now time is flyin' I been kinda eyein' a ring for my queen who got me diamond buying/ I'm in a GT heading up to CT, looking for a stone light her finger like ET/ I got there got a call from a DT, soundin' nervous sayin "we needa talk now"/ I told him "chillout I ain't in New York now" any problems I got get traced and chalked now/ but when I get back, we could meet and chit chat, bet not be no *******t, I ain't even with that/ Now back to what a n***a came out here for, this 5 carat diamond without near flaw, now head back to the city, call up the committee, get ready for tomorrow they comin' in with fifty/ I almost forgot, I gotta stop and see a cop, I figured it was a drop who must ain't get his guap/ told him meet me by the bridge, I get there in a hurry got me worried and it's prolly just a minor mixup/ he said "nah los, Feds just snatched ya chick up, caught her at a pickup, scoopin them bricks up"/ "She gon' cooperate, in a fixup prolly at the headquarters now hangin' flix up"/ I asked him was he sure, shorty's mi amor, this happened to me before with my man Theodore/ Over a ki of raw my man got killed, caps got peeled and I still got guilt/ he assured me, I was hot she had put them on me, swore to Jesus tearsthat he was here to warn me/ Normally I would've just ended her life, but this was the girl I intended to wife/ So I went home to shorty, had trouble sleepin, shorty kinda peepin' my sudden discomfort/ She woke up mad early so I got up with her, got dressed and told her I would hit the spot up with her/ She wanted to go alone but a n***a insisted, like baby it's been a while and truthfully I missed it/ We rolled out but she don't know that I done made a plan, when she hit the spot close shots see ya later man/ I watched her in the building, knowing it's the last time seein' her a*s climb in and out of the car/ Yo I even thought about gettin out of the car, but sat back looking at the ring about to be yours/ I let one tear fall at an unfair call, ya whole life could change in just one year yall/ Caught in the thought, then I heard a *shot*, Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I was bored and decided to write out the lyrics to "I Miss MyLove".. probably some mistakes, but I couldn't care less.. Story is dope[/color]
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Im guessing the shot at Cam is when he said "Isn't it ironic Santana's own fellow stabbed him"....

grin.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
yeah cam in the studio recording the street fam diss with hell rell & mase
im about 95% sure that thats a movie reference

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Met her Uptown on ****man, iight then, light skin, Starin' with a
slight grin, Iono might been/ Cuz I'm in this white benz, Or the way
the ice in the Breitling flash brighter than the lightning/ But I knew
from right then she was 'bout her money, and I should fit right in
knowin' how I might spend/ To make the story short other than a tight
end, had a Washington Heights friend who bring that white in/ Setup a
meeting, her dude caught a flight in, sat down at Sol and popped a
bottle of white then got straight to business like two corporate white
men/ The food came, before I could take a bite in, he said you the type
I usually don't invite in, but since we got a like friend, I could get
you like 10/ I told 'em I could move like 10 by night's end, put the
white over the plate like I'm throwin strikes in/ El Duque got a dude
in the UK, buy five bricks at a time 22k/ He send the Euros, I send the puro, now that's the real meaning of a foreign exchange/ He
smiled, then finished his glass of wine, there's a van outside pull
your S-Class behind/ My man would pass a dime at one five a pop, told
shorty make the drop, don't make no stops/ I gave em a handshake, some
dollas for the tab, Gave shorty the location then I holla'd for a cab/
I hit mike, told em send a wire to the buyas, word got round like we
was passin' out flyas/ And them things went as quick as they came, I'm
back being a hustla this chick is to blame/ I said them things went as
quick as they came, I'm back to being a hustla this chick is to blame
12 months in turned the Benz to a Lambo, everywhere the Fam go, Corks fly cham flow/ I gotta celebrate that's the way I am yo, in the past week I watched 50 thousand grams go/ pocket full money, army full of Rambo's, trunk full of bricks handguns full of ammo/ Even got detectives if something goes wrong, the money so strong they see it from my perspective/ But with my shorty, a n***a so protected and should be, she the one who know where the connect live/ She don't talk much, real calm and collected, seen somethin' in me cuz shorty's very selective/ I tell her fall back, shorty still abide, she say the rush of the risk just make her feel alive/ I listen and I fuss, sayin that I must, let her do it cuz it ain't too many n****s that I trust/ So now time is flyin' I been kinda eyein' a ring for my queen who got me diamond buying/ I'm in a GT heading up to CT, looking for a stone light her finger like ET/ I got there got a call from a DT, soundin' nervous sayin "we needa talk now"/ I told him "chillout I ain't in New York now" any problems I got get traced and chalked now/ but when I get back, we could meet and chit chat, bet not be no *******t, I ain't even with that/ Now back to what a n***a came out here for, this 5 carat diamond without near flaw, now head back to the city, call up the committee, get ready for tomorrow they comin' in with fifty/ I almost forgot, I gotta stop and see a cop, I figured it was a drop who must ain't get his guap/ told him meet me by the bridge, I get there in a hurry got me worried and it's prolly just a minor mixup/ he said "nah los, Feds just snatched ya chick up, caught her at a pickup, scoopin them bricks up"/ "She gon' cooperate, in a fixup prolly at the headquarters now hangin' flix up"/ I asked him was he sure, shorty's mi amor, this happened to me before with my man Theodore/ Over a ki of raw my man got killed, caps got peeled and I still got guilt/ he assured me, I was hot she had put them on me, swore to Jesus tearsthat he was here to warn me/
Normally I would've just ended her life, but this was the girl I
intended to wife/ So I went home to shorty, had trouble sleepin, shorty
kinda peepin' my sudden discomfort/ She woke up mad early so I got up with her,
got dressed and told her I would hit the spot up with her/ She wanted
to go alone but a n***a insisted, like baby it's been a while and truthfully I missed it/ We rolled out but she don't know that I done made a plan, when she hit the spot close shots see ya later man/ I watched her in the building, knowing it's the last time seein' her a*s climb in and out of the car/ Yo I even thought about gettin out of the car, but sat back looking at the ring about to be yours/ I let one tear fall at an unfair call, ya whole life could change in just one year yall/ Caught in the thought, then I heard a *shot*, Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I was bored and decided to write out the lyrics to "I Miss My Love".. probably some mistakes, but I couldn't care less.. Story is dope[/color]
pimp.gif

my dude was hella bored
laugh.gif

After ONE spin I'd give it a 4/5...

Musically the album is better then all his others, he just seemed to take a break lyrically... Usually Fab'll have some dope lines... There were somelittered throughout the album but most of time they're out numbered by elementry #!%#...

Standout tracks
Intro
Its My Time
Pachanga
Lullaby
Stay
I Miss My Love

I do have my gripes...I There should have been more "Pachanga's" & "I Miss My Lovc's" soundin tracks... That would'veprolly fit the album title better... But besides that its a SOLID effort...

true..
no denying that,
all im saying is females do buy the majority of the records, but dudes DO cop albums, thats almost not debatable.... cuz we on here all download albums, but we still cop certain albums,
Jeezy is also down South. People down South support their artists. But im not gonna keep giving excuses. But How do you feel this album isnt balanced since you said that is what you meant in your first arguement? I would say that this CD is very well balanced. And again I restate not many go platinum nowadays and you just reitterated that by using Jeezy as your arguement when you said he sold 800,000. I clearly stated if you can move 750,000 copies that constitutes a success in this era.

Again if you think that the album is garbage thats on you, I cant change that. Im just saying ur arguements dont seem to hold a lot of water and it comes off as maybe you just dont like Fab.

I can see how it may come off as me not liking Fab,
but honestly that is far from the truth, i use to be a die hard Fab fan, like being biased i use to put him in my top 10 rappers.
dude is/was lyrically superior to those that get props

I guess for me i always wished Fab would just take the %++#%!$ crown, like when i first heard "Breathe" i was like
eek.gif
FINALLy my dude is coming for the top spot, this next album (Real Talk) bout topush him in the same sentence as some of the heavyweights.

and i got let down (even tho i liked Real Talk it wasnt that big album it needed to be) Its like Fabolous is destined to only contend for the IntercontinentalBelt.

Its just gettin tired hearing the same song formula from him...

true..
no denying that,
Jeezy is also down South. People down South support their artists. But im not gonna keep giving excuses. But How do you feel this album isnt balanced since you said that is what you meant in your first arguement? I would say that this CD is very well balanced. And again I restate not many go platinum nowadays and you just reitterated that by using Jeezy as your arguement when you said he sold 800,000. I clearly stated if you can move 750,000 copies that constitutes a success in this era.

Again if you think that the album is garbage thats on you, I cant change that. Im just saying ur arguements dont seem to hold a lot of water and it comes off as maybe you just dont like Fab.

I can see how it may come off as me not liking Fab,
but honestly that is far from the truth, i use to be a die hard Fab fan, like being biased i use to put him in my top 10 rappers.
dude is/was lyrically superior to those that get props

I guess for me i always wished Fab would just take the %++#%!$ crown, like when i first heard "Breathe" i was like
eek.gif
FINALLy my dude is coming for the top spot, this next album (Real Talk) bout to push him in the same sentence as some of the heavyweights.

and i got let down (even tho i liked Real Talk it wasnt that big album it needed to be) Its like Fabolous is destined to only contend for the Intercontinental Belt.

Its just gettin tired hearing the same song formula from him...
Ok I feel you on the whole taking the crown thing. I do think he is one of the better NY MCs out right now.

But I think hes found the formula that works for him as far as studio albums go. I also think a big reason that formula is used is because the studio forces itout of him now. But He shows how nice he still is on the mixtapes. I would rather get good mixtape freestyles and then he does this for his album since he outthere to make money I cant hate on trying to go for females when it comes time for an album. I mean its not like hes lost it. We will still get the Street Fabin a month or so when he drops a mixtape or something.

Without getting deep into it, this album isn't very good. I'm pretty much in agreement with Q. I'd like My Time back ...

Back
Top Bottom