***Official Eminem Thread New Album Announced TBA***

Lyrically, Em still has it. He's got some gems on this album. The production kills me though. A lot of these beats drive me crazy, they're so damn bad.

MMLP
SSLP
TES
MMLP 2
Relapse (I know this album gets a lot of hate but it's the closest to MMLP and SSLP in my opinion. I really appreciate Dre doing the whole album)
Recovery
Encore

fixed

TES > MMLP >>>>>>> SSLP > Recovery >>>>>>> Encore > Relapse

Havent listened to MMLP2 enough yet to know where it fits in.

And I never listened to Infinite honestly lol

Last edited:
TES>MMLP>SSLP>>Relapse/Encore (there were certain parts of both albums that i didn't like so they are both in a league of their own)>>>>>Recovery

I have yet to hear the album but I've heard snippets of it and the production is the only lacking part to this album imo if the beats had less of a "pop" sound to them and a more serious tone for a few I would be all over this jawn

Last edited:
My Rank (Including Bonus Tracks)  -

MMLP

TES = SSLP

MMLP2

Relapse

Recovery

Encore

Infinite

IMO - I think he has 1 definite classic, two personal classics (i.e. if someones calls them a classic I would agree, but could see how people would not consider them classics) , 2 possibly great albums (MMLP2 hasnt even released yet), 2 average albums, 1 poor album (infinite really doesnt hold up to the test of time that well IMO)

I feel safe to say this is my ranking:

MMLP > SSLP > The Eminem Show* > Relapse = MMLP 2 > Infinite** > Recovery > Encore

-Putting SSLP > TES was real hard. I love TES, but the shock-lyrics of SSLP give it an edge IMO.
-Infinite is raw Em, had to rank it over Recovery/Encore despite it not being a major major release.
-I still catch myself listening to those hilarious Encore tracks with the :smh: :lol: look
-Till I Collapse and Cinderella Man are my ****.

That may be a preference ranking, but I appreciate Em's lyrical ability from 90s material through MMLP2. That alone is one of the reasons why he's my favorite of all time.

Last edited:
After constant analysis of MMLP2 for the last 3 days I had to dig in my crates to switch up the landscape a bit.
To this day, several old EM verses pop into my head often. Today they're getting spins. Especially this one :nerd:

(Watch Deez - Verse 2)
"Who’s arm is this? I musta cut it off of the pharmacist
Who refused to renew my seventh prescription of darvocet
I’m the old man who lives upstairs and starves his pets
and never leaves his house ‘cause he thinks his car’s possessed
I hate my life, that’s why I degrade my wife
Grabbed a paper plate to make a sandwich and just ate the knife
My mother’s screamin ‘please heal him, take him straight to Christ’
Meet you on the street and slap you just to break the ice
Made a bomb threat with a fake device
Strip you naked twice, pistol whip you and force you to take advice
And if you catch me bobbin’ my head to some *******t spittin
I was probably just tryin to shake the lice
bugs fallin out of my head
I’m wishin I was dead
While I’m crawlin out of my bed
Found it red and my rash is returning
I feel the sensation of burning
Occurring, usually during painful release of my urine
Screamin at my shadow ‘please quit followin me’
These pills keep screamin ‘please quit swollowin me’
The devil keeps screamin ‘please get down on one knee’
Took the drugs before the cops ever found them on me"

Last edited:
Since we're talking about beats on his older albums vs his newer albums, everyone should revisit Encore

"Big Weenie", "Rainman", and "Puke" were some VICIOUS beats, but he just spit some nonsense that we all grew to hate. But then there's songs like "Never Enough", "Ricky Ticky Toc" and "Encore" where he comes correct. In all seriousness, I think Encore receives so little credit because it was the beginning of the end of the Eminem that we hold (or once held) in our top 5. I said it earlier in this thread, but if Encore didn't come out back in 2004 but instead came out this year and it was called MMLP 2, it would be AOTY

Since we're talking about beats on his older albums vs his newer albums, everyone should revisit Encore

"Big Weenie", "Rainman", and "Puke" were some VICIOUS beats, but he just spit some nonsense that we all grew to hate. But then there's songs like "Never Enough", "Ricky Ticky Toc" and "Encore" where he comes correct. In all seriousness, I think Encore receives so little credit because it was the beginning of the end of the Eminem that we hold (or once held) in our top 5. I said it earlier in this thread, but if Encore didn't come out back in 2004 but instead came out this year and it was called MMLP 2, it would be AOTY
Despite the fact that I definitely don't think Encore is a BAD album (I defended it in this very thread), AOTY it would not be. Only the blindest Em fan could ignore the hot trash that Just Lose it and *** Like That were. Clearly his worst songs. I'm a huge fan, but this is easily his worst album. 

encores best songs >> relapse and recovery's top songs
eek.gif
 Stay Wide Awake, 3AM, Deja Vu are better than anything on Encore.

:lol: at anyone that doesn't mess with Em only liking bad music. Y'all said someone with a damn Madlib avy only listens to down south music :lol: I still haven got a chance to listen to the album yet but I already know if I don't like it and say anything it's going to turn into a Stan circle jerk in here. I hope this album is as good as you guys keep saying though because I do like him but hate the last 3 albums he dropped.

I agree with Encore's best songs being better than Recovery and Relapse's best songs.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
at anyone that doesn't mess with Em only liking bad music. Y'all said someone with a damn Madlib avy only listens to down south music
laugh.gif
I still haven got a chance to listen to the album yet but I already know if I don't like it and say anything it's going to turn into a Stan circle jerk in here. I hope this album is as good as you guys keep saying though because I do like him but hate the last 3 albums he dropped.

I agree with Encore's best songs being better than Recovery and Relapse's best songs.
Stans Unite

laugh.gif

I cant compute the unappreciation for Recovery. 

Yall putting anything from Encore/Relapse over:

Cold Winds Blows

Going Through Changes

Not Afraid

Seduction

No Love

Space Bound

Cinderella Man

25 To Life

Almost Famous

LTWYL

You're Never Over

Here We Go

mean.gif

I dont get NT man

My list:
MMLP
SSLP
TES
Encore = Relapse (hated the accents but lyrically it was dope)
Recovery
MMLP2

I'm not a fan of Infinite, it's not bad but I just don't feel it.

MMLP
TES
SSLP
Relapse (Those accents were bad...REAL bad but i focus on lyrics)
Recovery
Encore- not saying its a bad album...i liked 12 of the 20 songs (bonus songs included). Most of the songs I liked though are not on the same level of good songs from his other albums.

Not ranking Infinite cuz I haven't listened to it in a very long time. Too early for me to really rank MMLP2, but i think it may end up over Relapse.

Back
Top Bottom