***Official Eminem Thread New Album Announced TBA***

2j4wrio.gif

^ but the cd doesn't look fake at all, maybe the same pic is still included in the packaging.

"Right now, I'm probably working harder than I've ever worked in my life," says a sleep-deprived Eminem, gulping diet Red Bull in his suburban Detroit studio. He's well past deadline ("They keep telling me a different day," he says) on his new album, The Marshall Mathers LP 2 – out November 5th – and the final mixes still aren't quite done. "Aside from around the time of The Eminem Show, when I was also doing the 8 Mile movie and soundtrack and score and **** like that. This is probably the equivalent of that, but all focused on the record."

Eminem on the Road Back From Hell

A lot of fans – including Eminem himself, most days – consider 2000's original The Marshall Mathers LP his best. So making an album worthy of the name meant recording, and then discarding, dozens of extra songs. "Calling it The Marshall Mathers LP 2, obviously I knew that there might be certain expectations," he says. "I wouldn't want to call it that just for the sake of calling it that. I had to make sure that I had the right songs – and just when you think you got it, you listen and you're like, '****, man! I feel like it needs this or that,' to paint the whole picture."

Some tracks, including the Rick Rubin-produced, Beastie-esque single "Berzerk," draw on old-school hip-hop. Eminem was already headed that way when his manager, Paul Rosenberg, hooked him up with Rubin. "Getting with him was like, 'Holy ****!'" says Eminem. "As many genres of music that he is able to **** with, he's like Yoda. I couldn't do it. You sit me there with a rock group, I don't know the first ******g thing about banging on the drums."

Eminem emphasizes that the album, which includes collaborations with Kendrick Lamar, Nate Ruess and Rihanna (again), is "not necessarily a sequel, as much as it is a revisitation.

"So there's not gonna be, like, continuations of every old song on there or anything like that," he adds. "To me, it's more about the vibe, and it's more about the nostalgia."

This story is from the November 7th, 2013, issue of Rolling Stone.

Related

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eminem-revives-the-real-slim-shady-20131023#ixzz2ibAC8JbX

I finally listened to Rap God a few times,and it's not going to be a track I play often. It's just decent.

Singer Bebe Rexha Talks Co-Writing Eminem And Rihanna’s ‘MMLP2’ Collaboration ‘The Monster’
John KennedyPosted October 24, 2013

Bebe Rexha couldn’t ignore the signs.

Back in November 2012, when the Staten Island singer was holed up at Harlem’s Stadium Red studio working on her debut album, she simply had this feeling. She’d just laid the hook for an emotional record called “The Monster,” and before it was even completed, she mumbled into the microphone, “This is an Eminem record, y’all.”

“I was in a really dark place, a dark head space,” remembers the 24-year-old Warner Bros. artist of writing the track that would become Eminem and Rihanna’s third collabo. “Figuring out where you are in life and trying to make **** work for yourself—it gets to you. You get super down on yourself. I was just trying to get out of a depressed phase. That's where [the song] came from.”

Bebe says, cryptically, that the initial inspiration for Eminem’s demon-battling next single all spawned from a quote she read “about the monsters that are around us and that live inside of us.” She'd been discouraged about being dropped from her deal at Island Def Jam but knew this was a special record, one that could define her in both a personal and professional capacity.

The song began its journey onto Eminem’s Marshall Mathers LP 2 when Frequency, the producer of the track, was in the studio auditioning records for Riggs Morales, Shady Records VP of A&R. When he played “The Monster” Morales “freaked out,” instantly asking for the verses to be stripped and ProTools sessions to send to Eminem.

“It's such a special song,” says Bebe, currently riding the wave of her dance hit "Take Me Home" with EDM duo Cash Cash. “I know when [Eminem] heard it, it spoke to him.”

And Em spoke back, adding his own verses and tweaking the instrumental, yet leaving the Armenian songbird’s backing vocals intact. “The way that I sing in it, it can't be duplicated,” she adds. “It's very unique to my artistry.” Rihanna was the pop cherry on top.
Just left the studio... Recorded a #monster hook for one of my favorite artists! And that's all I can give you... #Navy****
— Rihanna (@rihanna) September 11, 2013
Unlike the first Em-Rih merger—the bright-yet-affecting “Love The Way You Lie”—Bebe says their newest track has a moodier aesthetic.

“The record and lyrics feel dark, but it's coming from a really light place,” says Bebe, who hasn’t yet heard Eminem and Rihanna’s final version of her demo (slated to hit radio Oct. 28). “I had a moment where I was like, I'm so tired of waiting for other people to accept me. I'm ******-up, but that's OK... You get to the point where you're like, I'm just doing me and if people don't like it, then it is what it is.”

It’s clear that Eminem more than likes her contribution to his newest project. The biggest sign, though, that Bebe’s track was meant to be came nearly a year after the initial confirmation from Em’s lawyer.

After 10 months of nervous silence from the Shady camp, Bebe’s mother texted her the newly leaked MMLP2 tracklist earlier this month. She was in the studio recording as she read the name of her song, title intact, as the 12th track on Slim Shady’s anticipated sequel album.

The name of the production team she was working with on that particular night: The Monsters. —John Kennedy

http://www.vibe.com/article/singer-...urce=sc-tw&utm_medium=ref&utm_campaign=Eminem

The Monster drops next Monday October 28th

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Em but I don't know what to feel about Rap God. Everyone I know like it but I just don't see it.

Is anyone else checking out of this thread when the leak drops? I'm gonna do my best to listen to it all on release date just like I did with MMLP back in 2000

im holding out til 11/5 as well.

the length of those songs has me interested :nerd:

its also refreshing hearing that interview & him understanding the meaning behind the album name & not wanting to use it just to use it.

Em overestimating the attention span of new rap fans
laugh.gif
lol wth is he doing making 7 minute songs.
roll.gif

The Drake/Chief Keef generation ain't tryna here all that. Too many words b.
sick.gif

I'm so hype for this album, I hope its more like Rap God and less like Bezerk. Eminem always puts out a silly single for the kids for record sales, but his albums usually have more substance than that. I remember when just lose it dropped, i was like wth is this
sick.gif
but then I loved the album.

I will definitely download first. I've bought every Em album but I wish I had downloaded Recovery first. I think this album will be worse so I'll download it, if I like it I will buy it.

lol wth is he doing making 7 minute songs. :rofl:

The Drake/Chief Keef generation ain't tryna here all that. Too many words b. :x

I'm so hype for this album, I hope its more like Rap God and less like Bezerk. Eminem always puts out a silly single for the kids for record sales, but his albums usually have more substance than that. I remember when just lose it dropped, i was like wth is this :x but then I loved the album.

doesn't drake have 7 minute songs? im just sayin

eminem's music isnt good enough to warrant listening to one song for 7 minutes... im not a drake fan either btw

Back
Top Bottom