Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

boomatic
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

wow

Another relapse interesting... he is lyrically a beast.. only a handfull of songs i would bump repeatedly on the album,... i like his serious tracks likebeautiful more then the random killing pill popping tracks.... yet some are still good.. and lyrically(rhyming) all are on point.

everyone entitled to their own opinion but if you liked his first 6-7 albums, you have to like this album, if you dont its because you listed to like 3 tracksand got tired.... I LOVE IT MORE WITH EVERY LISTEN!!!!! THIS ALBUM IS CRACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I've heard nothing but good reviews from people.

I can't wait until it comes out so I can blast that +#%% in the car.

My thing is this, it was entertaining the first few times he talked about killing and raping because he did it in a clever way. The original version of"Just The Two Of Us" from the Slim Shady EP is what made me a fan because it was so incredibly original. But now he's like 6 albums into hiscareer and the best he can come up with after four years is still killing and raping and taking drugs and talking about celebrities. I mean the beats arepretty much amazing. I would listen to the album for that fact alone, but as far as lyrics go it's pretty much ridiculous and redundant. He has a fewtracks on there where the topic is cool but for the most part there's only so many times I can hear about him molesting a woman. Just be a dope MC.He's got incredible wordplay and an amazing flow that's always original but what does that matter when you talk about putting an umbrella in agirl's privates and opening it up. Yeah lots of thought there. Ganksta NIP wore out this style a long time ago. I want to see him just be creative and tome he barely showed any on this album.

Thats a valid point, regardless of people saying "thats classic em"... Still, its good for him to still have that level of wordplay and flow afterthis long, it shows hes still got it... Id rather him maintain that and have the subject matter a little redundant this time around, then try and be aconscious rapper without the skills he used to have. Maybe Relapse 2 will be a total shift in theme from Relapse- in which case its the best of both worlds.I'd guess this album is as crude and redundant as it is, in terms of subject matter, to blatantly say "Eminem's still capable of doing what hestarted out with"

I expect Relapse II to have a more serious tone.

Relapse = SSLP
Relapse II = MMLP

As far as theme and tone goes.

That's what I expect, at least. Who knows.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Relapse = SSLP
Relapse II = MMLP

I like the way you think. Hopefully he delivers, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see a Relapse 2 tracklist, or single in front of me.If it's as good or better than Relapse then
pimp.gif

better than i thought it would be, real solid. need a couple more go thrus to appreciate the whole album.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Relapse = SSLP
Relapse II = MMLP

I like the way you think. Hopefully he delivers, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see a Relapse 2 tracklist, or single in front of me. If it's as good or better than Relapse then
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I still don't understand how some people LIKE this album...

My ears have matured past all of this "D___ IN MY EAR" foolishness.

And the engineering is better than the actual production. Devil's Night had better production than this.

To each his own. If you like this album, more power to you. And YES, I'd kill to hear Eminem rap with the subject matter of Chuck D.

Back
Top Bottom