Official Eminem *Recovery* post Vol. 7th studio album 6/22/10

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Who are you trying to convince here?!?!

Album has its good tracks but he's still prone to corny themes and stuff that's just below his potential. Dude needs to close his circle a little, limit the number of producers he uses, choose some grimier beats and listen to the record label a little less.

eminem is back im glad he's not on the bs stuff anymore I put this album right up there with marshall mathers LP and the eminem show imo those are eminems dopest albums to date and I put recovery right up there with those 2

Don't know anything about tickets for the Hammerstein show but the Red Bull Emsee battle is going down next Monday and tickets are on Ticketmaster.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

Album has its good tracks but he's still prone to corny themes and stuff that's just below his potential. Dude needs to close his circle a little, limit the number of producers he uses, choose some grimier beats and listen to the record label a little less.

If he listened to his record label, Relapse would have never seen the light of day.

Being that it's a very deep and honest album, (depression, admitting he wanted to kill himself, low self esteem, "hatred running through my veins", coming to the realization you lost who you are) If your life circumstances doesn't relate to anything like that, well obviously you are going to think it's corny. A LOT, lot, lot of people suffer from depression and are suicidal, and music like this gives them inspiration to stay strong and get a hold of yourself. Above all,  that is why I have the utmost respect for Eminem and who he is an artist. He puts his ego to the side and is 100% honest with the world, not giving a !%%@ what anyone thinks of him.

How many rappers can you say that about?

i think it started with sing for the moment
space bound and going through changes
have a certain old school rock to them fused with hip hop beats
i can relate to alot of his music and i aint gon lie
when im down his music picks me
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PapaPrem

Recovery is IMO Eminem's best work.

I honestly am starting to feel the same way. This album has been on CONSTANT rotation since it leaked, and every single time I listen to it I find a new favorite song. There is no weak song lyrically, and even those songs that aren't standouts are strong songs at worst. 

off of one spin i aready knew ... only song i wasnt feeling was the rihanna joint but i let my hatred for the skank blind my judgement ... now thats one of my favorite tracks ...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by boricuachulo321

I honestly am starting to feel the same way. This album has been on CONSTANT rotation since it leaked, and every single time I listen to it I find a new favorite song. There is no weak song lyrically, and even those songs that aren't standouts are strong songs at worst. 
I was just thinking the same thing today while I was listening to it. I don't know if I can put it over MMLP, TES, or SSLP just yet, but it's certainly on their level to me. I've only been listening to Recovery for 2 days, but its really growing on me so who knows...maybe it will end up being my 2nd favorite Em album right after MMLP. 

The concert is for Activisions press conference at E3. Eminem's music is going to be in the new Call of Duty (Produced by Activision). Guessing it will be Wont Back Down and Not Afraid
Til I Collapse in the last Call of Duty was sick

Back
Top Bottom