Official Eminem *Recovery* post Vol. 7th studio album 6/22/10

I refuse to dl the cd.. I'm gonna wait to buy the real thing and bump it straight thru

I have heard a bunch of songs tho and so far the cd is SICK

grin.gif
not feeling it so far
and this is from a big eminem fan

My guy said, based on pre-sale you can almost guarantee there's no way in hell we will get that second disc ... they are expecting close to 600k EASY and if the next single takes off he could possibly do a mili ... im guessing around 750 or so I just don't think there's enough time for the next single ...

My guy said, based on pre-sale you can almost guarantee there's no way in hell we will get that second disc ... they are expecting close to 600k EASY and if the next single takes off he could possibly do a mili ... im guessing around 750 or so I just don't think there's enough time for the next single ...

Originally Posted by DMONEY23444

so is this releasing a day early now? 21st?
Best buy has it as the 21st...i had a email from them saying the release date for the album changed to the 21st also....might be the 22nd, but bestbuy might be able to hook it up if u ask on the 21st.

I aint gonna lie. REcorvery is ONE of the best albums from Em. But i wouldnt say BEST. Eminem show still far one of his best albums. songs like White America, Soldier, Sing for the moment(naming songs on top of my head) those songs were dope. REcorvery got some of the sickest lyrics though. id say three songs on REcorvery is trash, but i refuse to download the whole cd. i gotta buy it.

The song with Rihanna is gonna blow up but Interscope has done a horribleeeeeeeeeee job with promoting this album. Mainstream fans don't really knows that he has an album coming out in just a week.

the pre-sales are on for em. his deluxe version is already #2 on itunes, and his basic version is #10. he's gonna sell.

but if he added a 2nd disc, wouldn't the sales "double?" if he sells like 700k, it would count as 1.4 mil no?

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

The song with Rihanna is gonna blow up but Interscope has done a horribleeeeeeeeeee job with promoting this album. Mainstream fans don't really knows that he has an album coming out in just a week.
yea, they should have done the rihanna song as the lead single. and if em was promoted right, he would sell 1mil+ easy. but i think interscope takes em for granted.

take a look at relapse. we made you and crack a bottle were terrible lead singles and he still sold 600k+ first week (crack a bottle broke the record for downloads).

imagine if the rihanna song were released first, i would bet with anyone he'd do 1mil+ easy first week. but right now, "not afraid" is not being played that much on radio (power 106 here in LA plays it pretty frequently though, but not kiisfm) compared to his older singles. but i bet he would still sell 600-700k MINIMUM.

but we will see. i just pre-ordered my copy on itunes, and saw that his deluxe version is #2 on sales there, and his basic version is #10. and his album release is still 9 days away.

Originally Posted by 9thWonder23kid

This album is
pimp.gif

Recovery>Relapse
Yeah definitely. I remember sending Relapse to the recycling bin and then IMMEDIATELY emptying that $*+$ in disgust. I may just keep this one for a while at least for that crazy verse Wayne spit on No Love.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Wow, what a troll...dude went on trying to convince us there was a second disc.... now saying presales are so good so no second disc. There was never a second disc to begin with...what a lame..

Wow, what a troll...dude went on trying to convince us there was a second disc.... now saying presales are so good so no second disc. There was never a second disc to begin with...what a lame..

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

yea, they should have done the rihanna song as the lead single. and if em was promoted right, he would sell 1mil+ easy. but i think interscope takes em for granted.

take a look at relapse. we made you and crack a bottle were terrible lead singles and he still sold 600k+ first week (crack a bottle broke the record for downloads).

imagine if the rihanna song were released first, i would bet with anyone he'd do 1mil+ easy first week. but right now, "not afraid" is not being played that much on radio (power 106 here in LA plays it pretty frequently though, but not kiisfm) compared to his older singles. but i bet he would still sell 600-700k MINIMUM.

but we will see. i just pre-ordered my copy on itunes, and saw that his deluxe version is #2 on sales there, and his basic version is #10.
and his album release is still 9 days away.

Not Afraid wasn't a bad single but it should have been what 3Am was with Relapse, Mosh with Encore, Say What You Say with the Em show...those were all "street singles", with the pop record leaking at the same time, but instead, they waited to put out the Rihanna single when the whole entire album already leaked which makes no sense at all.  The TRL era is dead, Em will have his sales and could still push a mil easy the first week, but Interscope is more interested in promoting Beats By Dre than albums. 

Actually, I think it's smart doing it this way.

We're all used to Em doing some off the wall single, and then drops a 'serious/street' type second single.

Em wants to show 'he's back' and opted for Not Afraid as the lead, and then going for the more popish singles after.

From what I gather in this thread, Wayne already shot stuff for a No Love video before he got locked down, and the Rihanna track will appeal to a lot of people.

Taking into account the economy, I think they're aiming more towards longevity with this CD (Wayne + Rihanna tracks) as opposed to selling off his name alone/getting big 1st week numbers and then eventually fading away.

I have no problem at all that he didn't do one of theose "crazy" tracks for his 1st single (#@% like that, My name is, Real Slim Shady, etc) Those songs are only good for so long... Plus that ones he used as singles for Encore were terrible. I think Not afraid was the perfect single to put out 1st, especially with the direction he took for this album. Plus, the song with Rihanna will be perfect for mainstream, The Pink song too...

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

laugh.gif
well first of all, there IS a second disc ... second of all, pre-sales ARE killing ... third of all, we WILL get these songs ... it's just he doesn't have to push sales with a free offering now ... my guy said we will get the songs by release date, but now with the leak and the sales and the push up of the release date, they may hold off ... again for the 11th time, the only thing i ever said for sure was that there was songs and that we will get them ... my dude said by release date and then the release date started moving around and singles started to take off causing sales to increase ... there may be more money to be made now off a re-release than just a straight up dump ...

i dont know why youre getting butt hurt when all im doing is relaying a message ... you WILL hear these songs at some point and i would still bet they will be available (whether legally or not) by release date ... go back and read what i said, the "vehicle" in which we hear the songs was the only question mark ... hell, we now know for a fact there are two bonus tracks on itunes that werent there when the original pre-sale went up ... so calm your boots cowboy ...

Back
Top Bottom