Official Eminem *Recovery* post Vol. 7th studio album 6/22/10

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

OD to the fullest man. You act like Em is saying mindblowing #$++ on every single verse on this album. His angry and often offbeat delivery is making it SEEM like he's killing every verse. But #kanyeshrug you've proven your Stannish POV by saying no album in rap history can mess with this verse for verse and you know damn well that isn't true. It takes more than lyrics to make a good album BTW, and the garbage sing songy hooks automatically disqualify Recovery from being the GOAT album like you think it is.

The album is good but dudes like you obviously got your Em blinders on
like i said, verse for verse, no other rap album in history is seeing this ... ill wait for someone to try and contest that statement ... #$%+$ said "offbeat delivery"
laugh.gif
so your pov is immediately null and void with that, but ill continue ...

i find it interesting that you say ive proven my stannish POV with the verse for verse argument, and the only rebuttal is "you know damn well that isnt true." ... AUGH! ... then, you go on to say it takes more than lyrics to make a good album, which means you are conceding the very argument in your previous statement and focusing your attention on the 4 songs where he sings the hooks or the bridge ... do you even know what a bridge is?

i find it funny that Em's singing is "SOOOOO TERRIBLE" but the same dudes will grab their crotches walkin down the street singing "i know way too many people here right now that i didnt know last yearrrrr ..." in a whiney %%+, monotone voice ... but thats cool, right?

verse for verse, Recovery has too many verses for you ... sorry, youre not winning that argument ... even if you hate every beat and the producers suck and the mixing sucks and his vocals are too low and its choppy and yadda yadda yadda, you still have the fact that he lyrically murders every single verse with a flow that is unmatched ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

OD to the fullest man. You act like Em is saying mindblowing #$++ on every single verse on this album. His angry and often offbeat delivery is making it SEEM like he's killing every verse. But #kanyeshrug you've proven your Stannish POV by saying no album in rap history can mess with this verse for verse and you know damn well that isn't true. It takes more than lyrics to make a good album BTW, and the garbage sing songy hooks automatically disqualify Recovery from being the GOAT album like you think it is.

The album is good but dudes like you obviously got your Em blinders on
like i said, verse for verse, no other rap album in history is seeing this ... ill wait for someone to try and contest that statement ... #$%+$ said "offbeat delivery"
laugh.gif
so your pov is immediately null and void with that, but ill continue ...

i find it interesting that you say ive proven my stannish POV with the verse for verse argument, and the only rebuttal is "you know damn well that isnt true." ... AUGH! ... then, you go on to say it takes more than lyrics to make a good album, which means you are conceding the very argument in your previous statement and focusing your attention on the 4 songs where he sings the hooks or the bridge ... do you even know what a bridge is?

i find it funny that Em's singing is "SOOOOO TERRIBLE" but the same dudes will grab their crotches walkin down the street singing "i know way too many people here right now that i didnt know last yearrrrr ..." in a whiney %%+, monotone voice ... but thats cool, right?

verse for verse, Recovery has too many verses for you ... sorry, youre not winning that argument ... even if you hate every beat and the producers suck and the mixing sucks and his vocals are too low and its choppy and yadda yadda yadda, you still have the fact that he lyrically murders every single verse with a flow that is unmatched ...

Alright since this album has ingrained itself so deep into you in what, 3 days? You tell me, WHAT IS SO MINDBLOWING ABOUT EVERY SINGLE VERSE on this album? It's way to early to put this album ahead of MMLP or Eminem Show, those albums impressed me way better than this has. I think some of yall were so disappointed in Relapse that you're just overjoyed that he came correct with this album and overrate the living hell out of it. 

As for the verse for verse stuff IMO Lupe's first two albums, RD, Ready to Die, Illmatic are just a few albums off the top of my head that can go bar for bar with this album. It's obvious this album has made a CRAZY impact on you to be able to proclaim after a few days that it's the greatest thing ever, for normal people I don't see how that is even possible. Hell, like I said earlier in this thread Em's verses on Stay Wide awake kill anything on this album IMO.

And who the hell said Drake's singing was any better? People were complaining all through his thread about the same %@%%. Like I said earlier in this thread, he coulda gave some of the hook duties to 50 or someone that's good at them. Just cuz I'm not one of the dudes at an Em concert holding my lighter up while singing the bridge part of Not Afraid don't mean I'm not feeling the album. You just OD'd with some stuff.

As for the verse for verse stuff IMO Lupe's first two albums, RD, Ready to Die, Illmatic are just a few albums off the top of my head that can go bar for bar with this album.

all i wanted to hear ...
pimp.gif

I haven't anticipated an Em album since... EVER. Not that he's a bad artist or ANYthing, I just usually have pretty low expectations for his albums...

Cold Wind Blows
1st thing you'll notice is the beat on this joint, its DOPE... Sounds like a Dre joint, but I guess its Just Blaze... As far as the rapping it sounds like the %#%% on Relapse... Hope this isn't a reacurring theme on this album.
3.75/5

Talkin 2 Myself
The song where he talks about almost dissin Weezy & Yeezy... Its not their fault YOUR music has SUCKED BALLS for a while now... Yea he basically says that on this song, so you can't call me a hater... But it actually turns out to be a good song, much like "Beautiful", Em is @ his best when he's just honest and admits he pretty much sucks now... The irony
4/5

On Fire
Another songs that sounds like the %#%% on Relapse (Expectations for album lowered once again)... This isn't really a bad song, but I got absolutely nothing from this song when it was over... He really needs somethin eventful to happen to him, he's rapping about, rapping about *%@#%!@$... What the hell??
2.5/5

Won't Back Down
Another song produced by Khalil... I don't know if its the big name credits he's gettin now, but his production has been gettin more and more boring since regular folk started givin him props like 2 summers ago... I'm guessin this is the next single, Pink is on the hook here. Not really a bad song, but its deffinetly not a good one either... (White people will love this tho)
3/5

W.T.P.
I've always wondered what a good time was in the trailor park... After listenin to this song I know or a FACT I'm not missing ANYthing...
I guess Jim Jonsin produced this track, figuired since he looks like white trash himself, this song wouldn't SUCK BALLS... I was wrong
1/5

Going Through Changes
Sounds like a cheaper version of "Beautiful", just not as good... After Relapse I said I wanted more songs in that vein, but after this song I'm not really sure that's he problem... Eminem just SUCKS now, and he raps about it more on this song, but THIS time its actually does SUCK. More of that GOD awful singin too...
3/5

Not Afraid
The 1st single... I liked it when I first heard, but I don't really have too much desire to listen to it again... He recruits the hot @ the moment producer, Boi 1 da, same beat Maino used for boring song of his own.
3.5/5

Seduction
Boi 1 Da with another joint... I've seen people on opposite sides of this joint, has a "The Calm" type feel to it, pretty good song. One of the better songs thus far... The rapping & subject matter is pretty poor tho, he had the right idea, the execution was just pretty bad
3.5/5

No Love
Another Just Blaze track, and to a certain extent UNDERwhelms... Lil Wayne's on this joint... Now that I think of it, him dissing Weezy would've prolly been more eventful than this song.
3/5

Space Bound
This song is... OK I guess...
3/5

Cinderella Man
Has a west coast feel to it... ******ed hook... HORRIBLE concept... This is a big %#%% sandwhich... He raps about his last album sucking, so I'm guessin this time next year he'll be rapping about THIS album SUCKING...
2/5

25 To Life
This is his letter to hip hop I guess?? Can't believe this guy in complaining how he's been treated, I guess preception is reality. But all that aside, but this is DOPE song... He should've rapped like this more on the album (not that ANY of the rhymes on here are GREAT or ANYthing)
4/5

So Bad
This has to be a Dre track, beat is DOPE and sounds like a mixture of EVERY beat he did on the last album... Once again the rapping is just corny, sounds like somethin that was left off Relapse. The hook is pretty stupid too
3/5

Almost Famous
This song is OK... That's about it
3/5

Love The Way You Lie
You know he's desperate now, gettin both Pink & Rihanna on the album... This song is prolly gonna be a hit, but that doesn't make it good... Cause it's not...
3/5

You're Never Over
Another AWFUL hook... There's no way he actually thought this was a good idea... He raps about Proof on here so that caught my attention a lil bit, but before you know it the man who admits to SUCKING for sometime now once again takes the oppurtunity to diss hip hop as if he isn't part of the reason not enuff good music is out there... Finger pointing
3/5

Here We Go
Bonus track... I thought these were suppose to be as good if not better than the %#%% that actually made the album... This song is pretty supid
3/5

Verdict:

Not that I was expecting this to be good or anything, but I was atleast hoping he could make maybe 4 or 5 songs as good as "Beautiful", couldn't even get that. He's just rapping about NOTHING for 17 tracks, there's no real theme to this album, and as hard as he tried to avoid it, this %#%% sounds like Relapse 2...

The singin on the hooks is almost laugable, I don't know who told him that %#%% was hot...

The difference between making a GOOD album and one that SUCKS BALLS, is usually the artist ability to tell a good idea from a bad one, obviously those lines have been so badly blurred in the G Unit/Shady/Aftermath camps in the past... Say... 5 years now, this album continue's that theme to a T...

I'm actually kind of mad I turned of TML to review this %#%%, I can see this album gettin LESS listens than Relapse...

Overall
3.25/5

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

I haven't anticipated an Em album since... EVER. Not that he's a bad artist or ANYthing, I just usually have pretty low expectations for his albums...

Cold Wind Blows
1st thing you'll notice is the beat on this joint, its DOPE... Sounds like a Dre joint, but I guess its Just Blaze... As far as the rapping it sounds like the %#%% on Relapse... Hope this isn't a reacurring theme on this album.
3.75/5

Talkin 2 Myself
The song where he talks about almost dissin Weezy & Yeezy... Its not their fault YOUR music has SUCKED BALLS for a while now... Yea he basically says that on this song, so you can't call me a hater... But it actually turns out to be a good song, much like "Beautiful", Em is @ his best when he's just honest and admits he pretty much sucks now... The irony
4/5

On Fire
Another songs that sounds like the %#%% on Relapse (Expectations for album lowered once again)... This isn't really a bad song, but I got absolutely nothing from this song when it was over... He really needs somethin eventful to happen to him, he's rapping about, rapping about *%@#%!@$... What the hell??
2.5/5

Won't Back Down
Another song produced by Khalil... I don't know if its the big name credits he's gettin now, but his production has been gettin more and more boring since regular folk started givin him props like 2 summers ago... I'm guessin this is the next single, Pink is on the hook here. Not really a bad song, but its deffinetly not a good one either... (White people will love this tho)
3/5

W.T.P.
I've always wondered what a good time was in the trailor park... After listenin to this song I know or a FACT I'm not missing ANYthing...
I guess Jim Jonsin produced this track, figuired since he looks like white trash himself, this song wouldn't SUCK BALLS... I was wrong
1/5

Going Through Changes
Sounds like a cheaper version of "Beautiful", just not as good... After Relapse I said I wanted more songs in that vein, but after this song I'm not really sure that's he problem... Eminem just SUCKS now, and he raps about it more on this song, but THIS time its actually does SUCK. More of that GOD awful singin too...
3/5

Not Afraid
The 1st single... I liked it when I first heard, but I don't really have too much desire to listen to it again... He recruits the hot @ the moment producer, Boi 1 da, same beat Maino used for boring song of his own.
3.5/5

Seduction
Boi 1 Da with another joint... I've seen people on opposite sides of this joint, has a "The Calm" type feel to it, pretty good song. One of the better songs thus far... The rapping & subject matter is pretty poor tho, he had the right idea, the execution was just pretty bad
3.5/5

No Love
Another Just Blaze track, and to a certain extent UNDERwhelms... Lil Wayne's on this joint... Now that I think of it, him dissing Weezy would've prolly been more eventful than this song.
3/5

Space Bound
This song is... OK I guess...
3/5

Cinderella Man
Has a west coast feel to it... ******ed hook... HORRIBLE concept... This is a big %#%% sandwhich... He raps about his last album sucking, so I'm guessin this time next year he'll be rapping about THIS album SUCKING...
2/5

25 To Life
This is his letter to hip hop I guess?? Can't believe this guy in complaining how he's been treated, I guess preception is reality. But all that aside, but this is DOPE song... He should've rapped like this more on the album (not that ANY of the rhymes on here are GREAT or ANYthing)
4/5

So Bad
This has to be a Dre track, beat is DOPE and sounds like a mixture of EVERY beat he did on the last album... Once again the rapping is just corny, sounds like somethin that was left off Relapse. The hook is pretty stupid too
3/5

Almost Famous
This song is OK... That's about it
3/5

Love The Way You Lie
You know he's desperate now, gettin both Pink & Rihanna on the album... This song is prolly gonna be a hit, but that doesn't make it good... Cause it's not...
3/5

You're Never Over
Another AWFUL hook... There's no way he actually thought this was a good idea... He raps about Proof on here so that caught my attention a lil bit, but before you know it the man who admits to SUCKING for sometime now once again takes the oppurtunity to diss hip hop as if he isn't part of the reason not enuff good music is out there... Finger pointing
3/5

Here We Go
Bonus track... I thought these were suppose to be as good if not better than the %#%% that actually made the album... This song is pretty supid
3/5

Verdict:

Not that I was expecting this to be good or anything, but I was atleast hoping he could make maybe 4 or 5 songs as good as "Beautiful", couldn't even get that. He's just rapping about NOTHING for 17 tracks, there's no real theme to this album, and as hard as he tried to avoid it, this %#%% sounds like Relapse 2...

The singin on the hooks is almost laugable, I don't know who told him that %#%% was hot...

The difference between making a GOOD album and one that SUCKS BALLS, is usually the artist ability to tell a good idea from a bad one, obviously those lines have been so badly blurred in the G Unit/Shady/Aftermath camps in the past... Say... 5 years now, this album continue's that theme to a T...

I'm actually kind of mad I turned of TML to review this %#%%, I can see this album gettin LESS listens than Relapse...

Overall
3.25/5
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You're review is wack...... just cause.

Eminem stans in here are super OD on their comments, and Eminem haters in here are super OD on their comments. 
laugh.gif

Still trying to hold out to listen. 

The official production list was just put out....

1.  Cold Wind Blows- Just Blaze
2.  Talkin’ 2 Myself Feat. Kobe- DJ Khalil
3.  On Fire- Mr. Porter
4.  Won’t Back Down Feat. P!nk – DJ Khalil
5.  W.T.P.- Supa Dups
6.  Going Through Changes- Emile Haynie
7.  Not Afraid- Boi 1da
8.  Seduction- Boi 1da
9.  No Love Feat. Lil Wayne- Just Blaze
10.  Space Bound- Jim Jonsin
11.  Cinderella Man- Script Shepherd
12.  25 To Life- DJ Khalil
13.  So Bad- Dr. Dre & Nick Brongers
14.  Almost Famous- DJ Khalil
15.  Love the Way You Lie- Alex Da Kid
16.  You’re Never Over- Just Blaze
17.  Untitled- Havoc

Truly hope he sells 7 figures first week. i haven't legally purchased a CD in 5 years, and i'm going to buy 5 copies on RD. (3 cars, 1 for house, 1 for sister)

Originally Posted by glasses

Truly hope he sells 7 figures first week. i haven't legally purchased a CD in 5 years, and i'm going to buy 5 copies on RD. (3 cars, 1 for house, 1 for sister)
roll.gif
roll.gif

All lies, my man. But it's cool, your hearts in the right place.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Your grammer skills are wack... Just cause. 
Typical evasive response.

I actually did that on purpose to see if you would defend your weak %!+ review or just point out a silly spelling error in my post.

You failed.
wink.gif

Album is good but not better than Eminem Show which is like what his 3rd or 4th best album....

have to be in the mood to listen to this album...if its just playin n u not a paying attention to the words itll prolly just sound like noise

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Eminem stans in here are super OD on their comments, and Eminem haters in here are super OD on their comments. 
laugh.gif

Still trying to hold out to listen. 

Yeah but the Eminem stans are 100 times worse, comparing this to the Bible and %@$@...

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Album is good but not better than Eminem Show which is like what his 3rd or 4th best album....

have to be in the mood to listen to this album...if its just playin n u not a paying attention to the words itll prolly just sound like noise

dont agree with your first statement, but i can dig your second ... this %+%# isnt TML, this is from a RAPPER ... you have to LISTEN to the lyrics and not just bob your head ... if i felt like it i would type out some lyrics just to make people go
eek.gif
cuz he goes in on every track ... but some site will have them soon enough ... the %+%# he says and the punchlines he spits and the double entendres are
pimp.gif

^ werd up this isn't a album that is full of crazy production but if u actually listen to the words he is spittin you would appreciate it more.....i just would of wished he would of put more tracks like Talkin 2 Myself on there cause that is a certified banger
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Your grammer  skills are wack... Just cause. 

*facepalm. Grammar my dude. You both fail.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So I'm guessing harlem is TIME Jr.?

indifferent.gif

I don't like a GARBAGE album so now I'm TIME... Jr...

This IS in fact one of the VERY few things he & I agree on, Eminem's albums pretty much SUCK BALLS...

Back
Top Bottom