Official Eminem *Recovery* post Vol. 7th studio album 6/22/10

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

His single has zero radio play here in NYC.. whats the deal with that.. after a few listens the hook just gets stuck in your head.. I thought by now it would def be on the radio more than it has been..
they don't play em stuff anymore anywhere. but he still sells, not a mil like before though.

Originally Posted by zokid

I'm just no feeling his effort to try & have the most epic flow on every song. It all sounds the same to me.

this is the thing i dont understand ... youre saying hes trying too hard to have the most epic flow on every song ... ... ... i mean theres about 4 slower songs where he changes his flow up and the rest he has the same sick @%* flow ... so what is forced? he is consistently ripping every track with a flow that cant be matched by any other rapper out ...

so now you cant be too good, all the time? what do you want him to just suck for a few songs, just to make sure he switches up his flow
roll.gif
... and people in here saying TML is anywhere near this baffles me ... you have the nerve to say ANYTHING about ems flow or whatever and then listen to Drake ... Drake ... that whiney @%* bum Drake ...

laugh.gif

im sorry, i cant rock with anyone who doesnt like this album ... AT THE VERY LEAST, it's the most lyrical and sickest flow album that has been put out by any rapper in your lifetime ... illmatic had 10 songs and on 2 nas was ehhhhhh ... this has 17 and every damn verse is RIPPED by em ... %#%*%% with high speed internet on a message board talkin about "that cant relate to em"
roll.gif
... #$## is comical ... but yet you can relate to nas and jay-z huh man ... get outta here with that hogwash ... em's spittin some real #$## that 99% of the people on here LIVE everyday ...

i guarantee you can go verse for verse with any rap album in history ... you got 17 tracks of straight heat rock ... NO ONE has done that before ... and yes i'm including illmatic and reasonable doubt ...

Love a lot of the songs on the album... kinda disappointed though.. I wanted a few tracks like.. mockingbird, beautiful, Hailes Song.. It seems like he sounds really aggressive and angry on most of these songs.. and most of them I like but I love those other songs as well.. woulda been nice to see a little more variety.. nonetheless happy with the album

Originally Posted by sherwin100s

Saaaaame exact way I feel. I went back to listen to the SSLP and MMLP and dude just flows like its nothing. No screaming at me but just a dude kicking some sick $++ rhymes. Not to mention the sing song hooks. what happened to breakin it down like the song up above? But ah well I'm happy that I got to experience that em.
and just to address this *$%+%%#% ... do yall know how EM made his way in the rap game? ... before sslp and mmlp and infinite he flowed this exact same way ... he would just jump on tracks rip the %*$@ outta them with anger and $%%%!% insane lyrics ... hes the greatest technical rapper of all time hands down and he technically demolished every single %*!*+!* track ...

i think people are blaming em for the album production ... the beats he used to go on were never outrageous and smoother than the ones he picked on Recovery ... everyone always said dre had boring beats for em, but thats what made his songs so damn good ... he didnt have to clash with all these extra sounds and *##! ... why do you think So Bad is the smoothest flow/track on the entire album? thats the old em over a dre beat ...

Maybe we'll have to wait for him to start rapping like the old days on the new D12, Slaughterhouse, and Ca$his/50 guest appearances.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

His single has zero radio play here in NYC.. whats the deal with that.. after a few listens the hook just gets stuck in your head.. I thought by now it would def be on the radio more than it has been..
they don't play em stuff anymore anywhere. but he still sells, not a mil like before though.
Sellin a mil is like goin diamond these days.

Is this the first EM album since Infinite that he doesn't have a crazy dumb Slim Shady "Ludacris" clowning type of song? Seems like it, and I like it

Just got this and listened to song 1. Not a fan. Talking about the same bull +$#@. Just started song 2. Pretty good so far.

This album is one of the realest I've heard. I never lsitened to any of the songs except for Not Afraid but after going through the album song by song, it's one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. I usually don't listen to an entire album and often skip tracks, but this album held my attention throughout. Listening it to album with some Ultimate Ears earphones was
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

AT THE VERY LEAST, it's the most lyrical and sickest flow album that has been put out by any rapper in your lifetime ... illmatic had 10 songs and on 2 nas was ehhhhhh ... this has 17 and every damn verse is RIPPED by em ... %#%*%% with high speed internet on a message board talkin about "that cant relate to em"
roll.gif
... #$## is comical ... but yet you can relate to nas and jay-z huh man ... get outta here with that hogwash ... em's spittin some real #$## that 99% of the people on here LIVE everyday ...

i guarantee you can go verse for verse with any rap album in history ... you got 17 tracks of straight heat rock ... NO ONE has done that before ... and yes i'm including illmatic and reasonable doubt ...

Aye chill.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

AT THE VERY LEAST, it's the most lyrical and sickest flow album that has been put out by any rapper in your lifetime ... illmatic had 10 songs and on 2 nas was ehhhhhh ... this has 17 and every damn verse is RIPPED by em ... %#%*%% with high speed internet on a message board talkin about "that cant relate to em"
roll.gif

Aye chill.
OD

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

roll.gif

Aye chill.
smh.gif
Dude needs to let it go...

Em's nuts that is.

Went through it once and you buggin if you don't like it. I'm not even a Eminem fan/stan like that.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

OD to the fullest man. You act like Em is saying mindblowing #$++ on every single verse on this album. His angry and often offbeat delivery is making it SEEM like he's killing every verse. But #kanyeshrug you've proven your Stannish POV by saying no album in rap history can mess with this verse for verse and you know damn well that isn't true. It takes more than lyrics to make a good album BTW, and the garbage sing songy hooks automatically disqualify Recovery from being the GOAT album like you think it is.

The album is good but dudes like you obviously got your Em blinders on

Ughhh, album has been on repeat. To all the real em fans....Stop trying to convince people to like the album, does it really matter if they like it? Obviously they are MORE THAN HATERS if they are constantly posting in here. Honestly, there are no flaws in this album. He threw away the accents, came with real songs with real hooks, flow and lyrics even better... As a real Eminem fan there isn't much more I could've asked for. He broke down that wall he put up with Relapse and is actually talking to us. This album feels like the Eminem Show cause it's a lot more personal. I can't even pick a favorite song yet cause he's destroying everything on this album.

This is the comeback album he should of made with Relapse. After Encore and Relapse, I still had Eminem up there but the case for best rapper alive was looking weak. But now it seems like you can give him that title back...

I know im reachin but is it just me or does it sound like he's takin shots at jay wit dat AUGH! adlib on seduction

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Sellin a mil is like goin diamond these days.
i mean a mil first week. for relapse, he got zero airplay with his first single and still sold 600k+ first week. he'll do better this time b/c the reviews are better so far on the leaks (even by the media). relapse sold like 2 mil here in the US. recovery will sell more.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

I know im reachin but is it just me or does it sound like he's takin shots at jay wit dat AUGH! adlib on seduction

Yes...I view it more as a playful jab. Song is on repeat. 
"I'm cockin my head back like Ed love, "C'mon Son"
"Theres a 7 disc cd changer in the car..."

pimp.gif

1. Cold Wind Blows - Just Blaze
2. Talking to Myself - DJ Khalil
3. On Fire - Dr. Dre
4. Won't Back Down - DJ Khalil
5 W.T.P - Jim Jonsin
6. Going Through Changes - Mr. Porter
7. Not Afraid - Boi1da
8. Seduction - Boi1da
9. No Love - Just Blaze
10 Space Bound - Emile
11. Cinderella Man - Just Blaze
12. 25 to Life - DJ Khalil
13. So Bad - Dr. Dre
14 Almost Famous - DJ Khalil
15. Love the Way you lie - Jim Jonsin
16. You're Never Over - Just Blaze
17. Untitled - Hav

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Ughhh, album has been on repeat. To all the real em fans....Stop trying to convince people to like the album, does it really matter if they like it? Obviously they are MORE THAN HATERS if they are constantly posting in here. Honestly, there are no flaws in this album. He threw away the accents, came with real songs with real hooks, flow and lyrics even better... As a real Eminem fan there isn't much more I could've asked for. He broke down that wall he put up with Relapse and is actually talking to us. This album feels like the Eminem Show cause it's a lot more personal. I can't even pick a favorite song yet cause he's destroying everything on this album.

This is the comeback album he should of made with Relapse. After Encore and Relapse, I still had Eminem up there but the case for best rapper alive was looking weak. But now it seems like you can give him that title back...

This album is crazy, if people don't like it its their loss.... 20x better than Relapse

Back
Top Bottom