Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

599E5F9F-122D-47EB-AD46-B72C9F9CCDA6.jpeg

So did Vegeta have to go through the ritual?

No info yet, but i don’t think so. My head cannon figures that ssg was about gaining god ki more so than unlocking a form. Since vegeta already had god ki it was only a matter of manipulating it to transform into the regular form. The only thing that co fuses me is what’s the point of ssg is “saiyan beyond god” is a thing.
B3CA6AA7-40E8-4E71-B7FE-60ED1C6158DB.jpeg

So did Vegeta have to go through the ritual?
Nah he didn’t have too

Early on Goku states the Vegeta was able to figure it out all in his own

The only thing that co fuses me is what’s the point of ssg is “saiyan beyond god” is a thing.
B3CA6AA7-40E8-4E71-B7FE-60ED1C6158DB.jpeg
SSG is still very powerful and useful because it’s a lot less taxing and stamina draining than SSB according to Whis

See that’s one of the more confusing things about Super. SSG is essentially a god form and SSB is what exactly? A level above SSG, like a SSG going “Super Saiyan” or is it a Saiyan using god Ki as a Super Saiyan form?

See that’s one of the more confusing things about Super. SSG is essentially a god form and SSB is what exactly? A level above SSG, like a SSG going “Super Saiyan” or is it a Saiyan using god Ki as a Super Saiyan form?
Think of it the same way Goku always uses SSJ instead of SSJ3 but less extreme

I thought SSB was just SSG as a super saiyan

But TBH the red hair is better. SSG was a dope transformation with some type of requirements behind it, SSB is just another super saiyan form. Its no different than SSJ4 to me

My whole thing is, if Whis said that SSG is less taxing than SSB, why are they always turning blue, even when they don't have to. At this point, Goku should be turning red instead of yellow, and only turning SSB when he absolutely has to

I thought SSB was just SSG as a super saiyan

But TBH the red hair is better. SSG was a dope transformation with some type of requirements behind it, SSB is just another super saiyan form. Its no different than SSJ4 to me

My whole thing is, if Whis said that SSG is less taxing than SSB, why are they always turning blue, even when they don't have to. At this point, Goku should be turning red instead of yellow, and only turning SSB when he absolutely has to

Exactly. The name Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan has SSB portrayed as a step above SSG but there have been plenty references to SSB being a more tamed form of SSG. It’s kind of jarring. Like my head canon has it to where SSB is a step above SSG but then I have to rationalize that Golden Frieza was more of a challenge to Goku than Beerus.

Exactly. The name Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan has SSB portrayed as a step above SSG but there have been plenty references to SSB being a more tamed form of SSG. It’s kind of jarring. Like my head canon has it to where SSB is a step above SSG but then I have to rationalize that Golden Frieza was more of a challenge to Goku than Beerus.
Beerus wasn’t trying though

That’s a huge handicap

Frieza was going ham from the start

Nah he didn’t have too

Early on Goku states the Vegeta was able to figure it out all in his own

SSG is still very powerful and useful because it’s a lot less taxing and stamina draining than SSB according to Whis

That’s true, but the “saiyan beyond god” state isn’t just SSB is literally having the ability to just applying god ki to other forms. We saw it when goku did it in his fight with Beerus and fought him as a ssj after the ssg form wore off, we saw goku and vegeta apply it to their base forms when fighting frieza (the pic I posted above), and SSB is a further refined form of applying that to SSJ. I’m just don’t get why ssg is even relevant if they can use god ki in their base forms. Unless the ssg form has quirks that they don’t have access to outside of that state.

That’s true, but the “saiyan beyond god” state isn’t just SSB is literally having the ability to just applying god ki to other forms. We saw it when goku did it in his fight with Beerus and fought him as a ssj after the ssg form wore off, we saw goku and vegeta apply it to their base forms when fighting frieza (the pic I posted above), and SSB is a further refined form of applying that to SSJ. I’m just don’t get why ssg is even relevant if they can use god ki in their base forms. Unless the ssg form has quirks that they don’t have access to outside of that state.
Being able to use God Ki with other forms still isn’t as powerful as SSG itself

It’s not like they can apply the power of SSG to other forms

Also, you’re thinking of SSB the wrong way. It’s not a result of applying God Ki to SSJ, rather it’s a completely new transformation they tapped into because of SSG

With that logic, that means SSGSS2 & SSGSS3 are legit things but I don’t see that ever happening

SSBE for Vegeta, is again, a completely new transformation as said multiple times by Supers staff. It wasn’t a result of Vegeta tapping into the bulky (and what he claims useless) Super Vegeta form and applying God Ki to it

Back
Top Bottom