Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Goku vs Vegeta is still my favorite fight in DB, Z or Super.
giphy.gif

Goku taking PEDs midmatch and Vegeta still tanking his attacks :pimp:
Kamehameha vs Galick gun :pimp:
Vegeta going Ape :pimp:
Vegeta eating the mini-spirit bomb and then getting back up to pimp slap Krillin :pimp:

Everything that happened on Namek alone is better than all of Super. Android/Cell saga too is better than all of Super.
And then we get Buu which admittedly isn't my favorite but was still good. It just aint even close.
Super is better than GT I guess which counts for.....something. Not much, but something.

I agree with all of this. Pre cell saga is my favorite era of dragon ball z. I still feel that Cell/Buu we’re not needed and it should have stopped at the androids but that just my personal opinionq

Future Rozay saga in Super is the highlight of super imo

You still foul for disrespecting the culture in the Goku v Superman thread tho :smh: :rofl:

:smh: at not watching Dragon Ball? What y’all really know about the Red Ribbon Army? Commander Red, General White, General Tao, Major Metallitron, oh man Tien being the baddest mother****a around and breaking Yamcha’s leg, Demon King Piccolo having everyone shook after killing Krillin on some mystery murder ****. Dragon Ball is the best out of all 3 canon series.

:smh: at not watching Dragon Ball? What y’all really know about the Red Ribbon Army? Commander Red, General White, General Tao, Major Metallitron, oh man Tien being the baddest **********a around and breaking Yamcha’s leg, Demon King Piccolo having everyone shook after killing Krillin on some mystery murder ****. Dragon Ball is the best out of all 3 canon series.

To this day, Tien, Piccolo, and Vegeta are 3 of my favorite characters all for reasons/events that occurred BEFORE the super Saiyan was even introduced.

Tien was a ******* DAWG fam. Son was legit the illest. Swag was on 100trillion

tenor.gif

The rematch with him and Goku where Goku takes off all his weighted training clothing makes me laugh still to this day

stop lying the anime is way better.. gohan and trunks didnt even interact in the manga... how tf trunks not gonna interact with his other-timeline mentor or see how his family is doing, the what could've been if his future-mentor were still alive

+ goku did hakai... toyotarou makes the super manga feel like it's some fanmade ******** . how tf is goku doing Hakai??? he aint even a God of Destruction... NOT ONLY THAT.. BUT

GOKU NEVER SAW BEERUS DO HAKAI IN THE MANGA, SO HOW TF DOES HE EVEN KNOW ABOUT THE TECHNIQUE LET ALONE DO IT????????

furthermore,
black n zamasu defusing but being unable to separate = bull sh**.. being stuck in the cellular level whatever.. stupid as hell.
not only that but... Zamasu is a Supreme Kai in training, he's a Kaio. U gotta be a Kai first before becoming a Supreme Kai, and ALL Kais are gods.. yes, even King Kai is technically a GOD. So Toyotarou saying that Merged Zamasu had the 1 hour time limit because he didnt finish his Supreme Kai training is ******** because he's still a god regardless! The rule isnt "only Supreme Kais stay merged" .. it's all gods.

trunks cuts the middle... then the two of them regenerate to their wholes, we learn now goku black is also immortal because his cells mixed with Zamasu's, and then they both each transform into merged zamasu???
STUPID AS HELL. Zamasu is IMMORTAL, he doesn't have Buu's regeneration powers.. He's not gum/rubber than Buu is to regenerate like that, nor is he Cell who had Piccolo's regeneration cells in him. Zamasu and Goku Black both turning into Merged Zamasu also stupid. Them getting blasted into 100 pieces, and then the 100 pieces each generating into Merged Zamasu...

Also stupid. Zamasu wished for Immortality, meaning he can't die... not magical regenerative abilities.

best things bout that arc were;
•Red Vegeta
•Switching between Red & Blue
•Mastered SSB
•Gowasu getting killed cliffhanger at the end of that one chapter
•Trunks' backstory on becoming the next Kai

omfg this manga arc is so stupid ppl just hype it cuz it's so outlandish and there's a lot of fighting with much more gore... but it's just.... STUPID.

Wait, Red Vegeta? Trunks becomes a Kai?

The Manga version sounds lit af b

Last edited:
You're just listing all of the plot points of the series. Of course none of what you listed was predictable, however the formula they used over and over made it easy to predict the direction of the plot if that makes sense. Goku getting strong enough to take on the saiyan threat was a mystery to you? You didn't see Goku arriving at the nick of time to save Gohan? The spirit bomb failing or Krillin using it was a twist however Goku having to resort to it as his trump card wasn't a shock.
Next arc, Goku gets a ship with a gravity machine and he starts training on his way to save everyone... again. Guess what happens? He shows up at the nick of time to save his son. You're telling me that as son as Goku landed you didn't think we was strong enough to wash the Ginyu Force? They literally used the exact same formula from the previous arc except the replaced KK planet with the gravity ship and Nappa with the Ginyu Force.
Turns out Goku isn't quite strong enough to handle the main antagonist. Sounds familiar, so we get yet another spirit bomb. The twist this time is that he collect energy from other planets. Yet again it was not powerful enough to finish his opponent (you knew Frieza wasn't dead yet). This has been the formula for a few arcs no? Maybe "predictability" is the wrong word. Hindsight the saiyan and freiza arc are very similar imo.

I only brought this point up because people are saying MHA is predicable but than I could use your logic and say things like:
You saw Shigaraki being the grandson of the One For All predecessor?
Or you predicted Hero Killer saving Deku?
Or that Bakugo would win the Sports Festival?
Or that the villains target was Bakugo during their training.
Since I didn't make the comment on predictability on MHA, Ima say this—

Idk what ppl expect, the main characters will always end up the victor after struggling to do so, this is the same formula for all shows. If the main characters are gone forever... there's no show anymore.

MHA is too lame for me to even gaf about its plot points, so i literally have no opinion on its "twists" cuz the only guy I like in the whole show is Eraserhead

As far as the plot hole thing I'm guilty of using the word incorrectly but here are some issues that I can think of off the top of my head that I thought was goofy. Forgive me if these points have been explained and I just completely missed it.
1. Fat Buu being in a pod even though he was eaten and not absorbed.
IMG_2469.JPG

it seems like Buu is able to choose whether someone ends up in his digestion system or if he puts them in a pod (or maybe Fat Buu is not digestable because he'd just regenerate)

2. Goku having to travel back to earth on snake way when everyone else in the series gets wished back where they died.

Goku was given an exception to keep his body in the afterlife... King Yemma granted it to him so he can train with King Kai. The same happens with the other Z Warriors who trained with King Kai. They didn't teleport to where they died after training with King Kai. (Tien Yamcha etc)

3. Trunks and Goten are half saiyans also yet they are born without tails.

a fan asked this question to Toriyama

Q. Was it ever clarified why Trunks never had a tail like Gohan? - A.P.

A. Sorta kinda... but not in DragonBall. In the first issue of the domestic Shonen Jump (January 2003), a fan asks Toriyama why Goten and Trunks don't have tails, to which Toriyama simply replies:

"It seems that tails are a recessive trait."

Source: http://www.daizex.com/general/ask/archive/2003_10_12.shtml

4. Didn't Raditz say Planet Vegeta was destroyed 3 or 4 years prior to his arrival?....

no.. he didnt. in the weak *** Ocean Dub that ppl seem to like, he did. but in the manga, or from Toriyama's writing (and every other dub), he does not say when Planet Vegeta was destroyed.

seriously, these are the plotholes you were talking about that people criticize about DB? To quote, "you know people say the same thing about DBZ/Super plot holes and bad writing" ... ok ill take these "plot holes" over MHA's worst version of Nerd Crybaby Gohan for a protagonist and generic shonen with no excitement at the magnitude of every other shonen that preceded it.

Wait, Red Vegeta? Trunks becomes a Kai?

The Manga version sounds lit af b

lol ok dont say i didnt warn u
there's literally 10 dope moments in the manga and the rest is filled with plotholes, or terrible plot changes. tracing over toriyama fight scenes from DB. no details in backgrounds, sloppy art at times... not the DB manga im used to where everything was drawn perfect.

toyotarou is odd future—
just puts a bunch of outlandish **** for shock value, even if it makes no sense

Whoa dere famb

giphy.gif

6907CF5ECEEF60155DDDCC95238E57F556ECB944

The GREATEST anime’s of all time.

P E R F E C T I O N.

bebop is stale as hell for many episodes. i always call it the rough draft version of S Champloo since SC re-uses a bunch of concepts but is an overall better show. im a fan of bebop too tho, i enjoyed it overall (not as much as SC). i love spike, love faye's antics, loved the metal arm guy's chillness, and Ed is hilarious.

i could never get into gundam.. it was boring to me. i dont even remember any episodes from it, my mind blanked out cuz it wasnt interesting enough for me to recall. I enjoyed "Zoids" late, but Zoids aint no top anime, I wouldnt even mention it.

Last edited:
:smh: at not watching Dragon Ball? What y’all really know about the Red Ribbon Army? Commander Red, General White, General Tao, Major Metallitron, oh man Tien being the baddest **********a around and breaking Yamcha’s leg, Demon King Piccolo having everyone shook after killing Krillin on some mystery murder ****. Dragon Ball is the best out of all 3 canon series.

mannn i was blown when i finally saw DB Tien and yamcha. Tien was a ******* monster.

Chaozu grimey as **** :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Random, but have you guys ever looked at a map of dragonballs "earth"?

main-qimg-11049ea23c48907bb9d268ed821825ff

Very interesting, especially how Cells arrival is so close to Buu's pit

Imagine if Cell awakened Buu

So, Red Ribbon Army is based out of Cali?

mannn i was blown when i finally saw DB Tien and yamcha. Tien was a ****ing monster.

Thats why I can't understand how Super is getting flexed on the ToP is Goku recruiting the strongest entities he ever came across and most of them either whooped his *** are specifically wanted to kill him :lol: I wish Buu was written out of the tournament but Frieza is damn near co-MVP with 17. Felt like maybe Roshi shoulda been replaced but we hadn't seen Roshi get down since World's Strongest.

mannn i was blown when i finally saw DB Tien and yamcha. Tien was a ****ing monster.

i remember feeling OD messed up when i was a kid seeing Tien breaking Yamcha's leg. wanted Tien's demise so bad... I was having a panic attack when Goku ran out the restaurant and found Krillin laying there dead. Poor Goku, the music made that **** worse my heart was racing

on a separate note;

this is a must-cop, then we just need the cape to complete the fit.. kufi/satin silk scarf/durag already on deck

Since I didn't make the comment on predictability on MHA, Ima say this—

Idk what ppl expect, the main characters will always end up the victor after struggling to do so, this is the same formula for all shows. If the main characters are gone forever... there's no show anymore.

MHA is too lame for me to even gaf about its plot points, so i literally have no opinion on its "twists" cuz the only guy I like in the whole show is Eraserhead

IMG_2469.JPG

it seems like Buu is able to choose whether someone ends up in his digestion system or if he puts them in a pod (or maybe Fat Buu is not digestable because he'd just regenerate)

Goku was given an exception to keep his body in the afterlife... King Yemma granted it to him so he can train with King Kai. The same happens with the other Z Warriors who trained with King Kai. They didn't teleport to where they died after training with King Kai. (Tien Yamcha etc)

a fan asked this question to Toriyama

Q. Was it ever clarified why Trunks never had a tail like Gohan? - A.P.

A. Sorta kinda... but not in DragonBall. In the first issue of the domestic Shonen Jump (January 2003), a fan asks Toriyama why Goten and Trunks don't have tails, to which Toriyama simply replies:

"It seems that tails are a recessive trait."

Source: http://www.daizex.com/general/ask/archive/2003_10_12.shtml

no.. he didnt. in the weak *** Ocean Dub that ppl seem to like, he did. but in the manga, or from Toriyama's writing (and every other dub), he does not say when Planet Vegeta was destroyed.

seriously, these are the plotholes you were talking about that people criticize about DB? To quote, "you know people say the same thing about DBZ/Super plot holes and bad writing" ... ok ill take these "plot holes" over MHA's worst version of Nerd Crybaby Gohan for a protagonist and generic shonen with no excitement at the magnitude of every other shonen that preceded it.
Fair enough.
But Buu simply saying "he's the only one that got special treatment" is kinda weak imo and you know Toriyama pulled that answer out of his *** about the tails. :lol:

Anyway I love DB more than MHA so it's whatever.

One thing I did find funny about Z was the dead Ginyu force members being invited to King Kai's planet but Krillin remained a spirit. I know it isn't cannon but still goofy.

I actually like My Hero Academia alot and enjoy the fact Midoriya is so cerebral when compared to alot of his contemporaries. I'm also glad they didnt go the Sasuke route with Bukago or however you spell it.

I actually like My Hero Academia alot and enjoy the fact Midoriya is so cerebral when compared to alot of his contemporaries. I'm also glad they didnt go the Sasuke route with Bukago or however you spell it.
Bakugo is that dude

He’s my favorite

lol ok dont say i didnt warn u
there's literally 10 dope moments in the manga and the rest is filled with plotholes, or terrible plot changes. tracing over toriyama fight scenes from DB. no details in backgrounds, sloppy art at times... not the DB manga im used to where everything was drawn perfect.

toyotarou is odd future—
just puts a bunch of outlandish **** for shock value, even if it makes no sense

bebop is stale as hell for many episodes. i always call it the rough draft version of S Champloo since SC re-uses a bunch of concepts but is an overall better show. im a fan of bebop too tho, i enjoyed it overall (not as much as SC). i love spike, love faye's antics, loved the metal arm guy's chillness, and Ed is hilarious.

i could never get into gundam.. it was boring to me. i dont even remember any episodes from it, my mind blanked out cuz it wasnt interesting enough for me to recall. I enjoyed "Zoids" late, but Zoids aint no top anime, I wouldnt even mention it.
LOL I’ve heard it all now

My boys were telling me that GT wasn't cannon

I looked it up and it said it is but isn't cannon

What does that even mean? :lol:

My boys were telling me that GT wasn't cannon

I looked it up and it said it is but isn't cannon

What does that even mean? :lol:
Basically it means it’s considered to be nonexistent to the main Universe that Dragon Ball, DBZ & Super take place in

Same with all the movies, which is why you never hear them referenced

OH MY GOD!!!

Vegeta in the trailer BUT

HISOKA GOT ADDED TO THE GAME
HISOKA GOT ADDED TO THE GAME

BLACKBEARD IS ALSO IN THE GAME

WIEIRBEHAISH

Back
Top Bottom