Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

too many ill fights in the buu saga.
Goten vs Trunks in the tournament. (underrated fight imo)
Goku vs Vegeta
Gotenks vs Buu
Gohan vs Buu
Goku vs Buu

There were no plotholes in the Buu Arc. People are just upset at it because Gohan got built up in the previous arc to carry the torch, but ended up abandoning his training for 7 years and became weak... which is a Gohan-thing to do. Toriyama isn't going to just write characters the way the fans want him to, he stays true to how each character is. Gohan always had the most potential, he just flukely tapped into it all sometimes. He isn't dedicated to fighting/training. Also, it's not like he spends most of his time with his dad. He was with ChiChi for most of his lifetime, and she's constantly yelling at him to do good at school and projecting on him to be a scientist for him to be successful.

The Time Chamber having 4 ppl in it isn't a plothole. The Time Chamber has enough food supplies for 2 people for a whole year. Goten, Trunks, Piccolo, & Buu, weren't in there to train a whole year, so there's that.

He created Goten to replace Goku but received backlash from people. The Majin Vegeta part was just idiotic and go with the long running trope of Vegeta helping/making every major villain in Dragon Ball Z stronger. Introduced two types of fusion which made the other sort of irrelevant. That whole saga was sort of lazy.

He created Goten to replace Goku but received backlash from people. The Majin Vegeta part was just idiotic and go with the long running trope of Vegeta helping/making every major villain in Dragon Ball Z stronger. Introduced two types of fusion which made the other sort of irrelevant. That whole saga was sort of lazy.

im glad you're admitting that you don't know what a plothole is

Of course it's lazy. Toriyama didn't even wanna do the Buu Saga. He only did it cuz Toei made him.

While we’re on the subject of the Buu Saga...

Just wanna throw out there to remind people that Kid Buu was the strongest Majin

While we’re on the subject of the Buu Saga...

Just wanna throw out there to remind people that Kid Buu was the strongest Majin

That argument between which is the strongest Super Buu or Kid Buu is a slippery slope. I remember a while back I argued that Kid Buu was stronger but there are so many inconsistencies between the two and the debate in general.

I don't feel like going back and forth with you on this, do some more research on Dragon Ball Z then get back to me.

there's nothing for me to research because there are no plotholes in the Buu Arc, which you said there were tons of, yet you can't point to a single instance of where there was a plothole.

it's one thing to say an arc is bad because in your opinion such and such sucked, but justifying that by saying there were "too many plotholes" is a completely different statement.

After rewatching the Frieza saga a while back. It may have been my personal favorite saga.

Nothing beats Vegeta and krillin/gohan going stealth mode to get the dragon balls from/away from frieza. Vegeta actually stealing the DBs from frieza's ship. Goku's arrival. Vegeta's death then the witnessing goku transforms into SSJ for the first time

Saiyan Saga >>>>>

The fact that Goku had a brother. These dudes that keep showing up that seem like no one could stop them only for the next one to be even more powerful. The fight between Goku and Vegeta was the best fight in the whole series, IMO. Yeah, Goku going Super Saiyan was epic, but that fight dragged on way too long with half of it just talking. After awhile, that fight dragged out so much that you were wondering when it was going to be over. Goku and Vegeta wasted no time and just jumped straight into it. Both constantly went back and forth with each other. Galick Gun vs Kamehameha was epic. They were both giving it their all the whole fight and Vegeta just keeps coming back. Goku and Freeza were just playing with each other until the end and by that point, you've already lost interest because you're at the fourth hour of the fight.

too many ill fights in the buu saga.
Goten vs Trunks in the tournament. (underrated fight imo)
Goku vs Vegeta
Gotenks vs Buu
Gohan vs Buu
Goku vs Buu

Challenge Accepted

Trunks vs. Frieza (not really a fight, but dope display of power)
Vegeta vs. 19 (Same thing as above)
18 vs. Vegeta (Excellent bout)
17 vs. Piccolo (THE BEST FIGHT IN DRAGON BALL HISTORY)
16 vs. Cell (Short, but made 16 live up to the big hitter he was supposed to be)
Vegeta vs. Imperfect Cell/Perfect Cell
Trunks vs. Perfect Cell (short, but cool nonetheless)
Goku vs. Perfect Cell
SSJ2 Gohan vs. Cell

Challenge Accepted

16 vs. Cell (Short, but made 16 live up to the big hitter he was supposed to be)
Goku vs. Perfect Cell
SSJ2 Gohan vs. Cell

You’re mixing the Trunks saga with the Android saga with the cell saga.

Those are technically 3 separate events.

all those sagas def fall within the Cell Arc, same way as dude before naming all the evrnts happening in diff sagas that occured during the Buu Arc

Challenge Accepted

Goku vs. Perfect Cell
SSJ2 Gohan vs. Cell
Like you said the first two weren't really fights but great displays of power. Hurts me to say this but I'd put Vegeta vs 18 in that category too. It was short and only meant to show how strong the androids are by using Vegeta as a sacrificial lamb.:smh:
The rest were fire.

Back
Top Bottom