Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

I honestly used to rock with his singles and features since way back. Just having to hear him non stop nowadays makes u really sit and try to listen to his songs and verses and what not and he just sucks as a rapper. So when the beat isn't even good(which is slot of his recent songs IMO) why would I even listen to any of his music?

I can't even say desiinger is live cuz of his beats and stuff...that Timmy turner **** been stuck in my head off an acapella chorus :lol: that song ain't even out and it's better then any future song I've heard in a minute.

I already know Imma rock with his tape cuz if ppl saying they like evol and purple reign but this is trash then I already know what time it is...got nothing to do with the music future fans just don't like dude.

It doesn't surprise me you'd say this, as more than half of Views sounds like that, and you have Views as a top 5 generational album. And no, "Timmy Turner Burner" does not sound better than 100it Racks, Benjamins Burn, Married to the Game, Right Now and Check On Me.

Last edited:
I don't even need to list bars for future because the whole songs be trash and him repeating the same line 8 times.

Top 5 generational album I don't even know what that means...but if that's supposed to make my opinion seem silly and make future look like a good rapper then try again

Last edited:
Chaining Tatum b, there's nothing u can say about rappers being wack or whatever u do. How u have ****** writing your raps and say that b.

His mama coulda wrote the bars, a bum on the corner it don't matter bro. Drake when he was on degrassi was a better rapper than future. Future sucks at rapping and it's okay. He's successful. Praise him for his ear for beats or melodies or real "street rap" or whatever it is

Last edited:
The only songs ive heard from Desiigner are Panda and the Timmy Turner Freestyle thing.. his beats are so damn fire !, i have to ask though, my girlfriend and i came across an artist that i just heard for the first time and i want to know if anybody have seen this dude before. His name is Jay Smalls and ill post a link somewhere below, he has this song called "On God" thats pretty fire! but i need to know if anyone know of this man. My girl said she been known about him but idk... somebody let me know! 

https://soundcloud.com/jay_smalls <Thats the link right there btw

Last edited:
Drake stans i swear man 

So sad 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lmao no arguement for yall boy huh? Y'all know he trash.

That freestyle vid desiinger got out, future can't even do that... Matter fact maybe im wrong

Post a vid of future freestyling acapella :lol: this gon be good

Last edited:
I can't even say desiinger is live cuz of his beats and stuff...that Timmy turner **** been stuck in my head off an acapella chorus :lol: that song ain't even out and it's better then any future song I've heard in a minute.

I already know Imma rock with his tape cuz if ppl saying they like evol and purple reign but this is trash then I already know what time it is...got nothing to do with the music future fans just don't like dude.

We gotta put Waves in the Dipset General/Antidope group saying **** like this. :lol: Son gon be bumping the swap meet version of Future.

That freestyle vid desiinger got out, future can't even do that... Matter fact maybe in wrong

You know DAMN WELL...that Timmy Turner BS ain't no Freestlye lol.

Your favorite rapper is infamous for freestyling somebody else's rhymes off a Blackberry Curve.

Let's not go THAT route :lol:

Hiphop openly embracing and accepting desiigner is very weird to me and is turning me off. His pre song adlibs, voice, cadence, mid verse tempo switch is exactly like future. Dude 100% ripped off another artist and hiphop heads are okay with it :smh:

And people are trying to embrace him calling him better than the artist that he stole from when he only has one song out

Last edited:
Hiphop openly embracing and accepting desiigner is very weird to me and is turning me off. His pre song adlibs, voice, cadence, mid verse tempo switch is exactly like future. Dude 100% ripped off another artist and hiphop heads are okay with it :smh:

And people are trying to embrace him calling him better than the artist that he stole from when he only has one song out

It's weird man.

I feel like dudes WANT Future out the paint for some weird reason :lol:.

That freestyle vid desiinger got out, future can't even do that... Matter fact maybe in wrong

Your favorite rapper is infamous for freestyling somebody else's rhymes off a Blackberry Curve.

His favorite rapper jumps from wave to wave to wave so of course he rocks with Designer. :lol:

I'm not talking about that Timmy turner freestyle, I'm talking about the recent one. He's actually spitting.

Drake got videos of him rapping freestyles from 07 bro...still better than anything future can do.

Like I said I'll wait for the video

^again, that recent freestyle just proves that he may have some potential, yet would rather do the very bare bones generic version of another man's style in order to get on. He looking like NY's Soulja Boy right now

https://www.inverse.com/article/17699-desiigner-new-english-tidal-mixtape-worst-rap-of-2016

Perhaps it was Desiigner’s admission that he didn’t really have “broads in Atlanta” — in fact, he’d never even visited the city whose hip-hop scene he borrowed his musical vocabulary from — in a recent Billboard interview that first showed the cracks in the Brooklyn rapper’s edifice. Perhaps it’s more accurate to say it signaled that no lasting edifice would actually be built. After all,one polarizing hit — even if did hit #1 on the pop charts as well as the rap charts — does not longevity make, even despite his deal with G.O.O.D. Music. Kanye and Pusha T’s label, like any label, can chew artists up and spit them out. If Desiigner truly only had one trick, could he even reach the longevity of a Cyhi da Prince?

But how could he – feasibly – when he’s so explicitly dealing in a style patented by another rapper (Future)? Future is still put out enough about Desiigner’s cracked-mirror reflection of himself — not enough created by a fellow Atlantan — that he asked for the NYC rapper’s name to be left out of his new Rolling Stone feature. The ATL icon speaks of Desiigner, now, with the same degree of disdainas the estranged mother of his child.

All these things and more meant that Desiigner’s debut full-length release needed to be very strong – at the very least, to silence his many detractors. Perhaps, it needed to prove his ability to hear hits, at least almost as well as the tristate area’s breakout hip-hop star of last year, Fetty Wap. If Desiigner, like Fetty, became an outright pop export, the opinions of hip-hop-head skeptics wouldn’t matter anymore.

But whatever showed up on TIDAL and mixtape sites this weekend, under the title New English, was, very clearly, not that. After the 14-track project’s release, it disappeared from mixtape sites, and even TIDAL briefly, almost as if the rapper was getting cold feet about putting it out at all.

Trap music in the Southern lineage has always been full of controversial imagery and sentiments. So it takes a special kind of music, which feels truly empty of purpose and perspective, to come off as straightforwardly, surprisingly puerile. Playing with variations on the “Panda” flow — over masochistic, hard-knock beats — across almost every track, Desiigner’s mixtape is not almost comically one-noted. Its barren sonic landscape is viscerally hard to stomach; its runtime clocks in only a bit over 35 minutes, but feels twice that. With heavy-duty, spluttering beats in the Lex Luger vein, Desiigner’s next-aptest Atlanta-rap reference point on New English is Waka Flocka Flame at his most disinterested.

Let’s put to the side, for the moment, the objective Future impressions on tracks like “Caliber (“Caliber, caliber, caliber, etc.) Da Day and “Talk Regardless.” New English make biting a control variable in the equations. The question of New English becomes: Okay, so what unique flourishes does this guy put on his Future impression? Imitation, in itself, is not grounds for wholehearted dismissal. But the obscene growl-stank he lays on his jackhammer raps to build catharsis, his refusal to tamper with tried-and-true flow patterns even a bit, or attempt to deliver a hook which feels grounded in musicality or good taste of any kind — well, that’s all got to count against his grade, big-time.

Lyrically, once one realizes that lines like Choppa known for thumpin’/ Make a ***** start Forrest Gumpin’” are the best you’re going to get, you know that New English is going to be a trying ride. Desiigner’s hooks are largely inseparable from his verses, as he feels like the only way to sell them is to ride them way into the ground. But with the staple gun to our heads, the refrains dont stick; they sound like 500 hooks Future, Young Thug, Rich Homie Quan, or any number of Chicago drill rappers have written better already. They are notable only for their staggering level of phoned-in-ness; take I’ma run right through this paper/ Right through a check/ Cop me a jet” or I don’t know what I’mma do today/ I don’t know who I’mma shoot today/ I don’t know who I’mma poof today…” Even the more-sentimental “Overnight” — potentially, a promising distraction — is marred by face-palm-worthy tonal shifts: I want to the Lord to help me/ I want the Lord to kill me/ I wanna stack with my ******/ I want my money get bigger.”

Is there a new hit, ripe for the picking, on New English, or even in the vein of his recent, viral XXL “freestyle”? Absolutely not. Desiigner’s project is a feed-the-streets-type venture which feels either like a stop-gap measure toward his next commercially released single, or just some cosmic, show-stopping miscalculation. Has Kanye’s taste weakened so drastically? Is this G.O.O.D. Music’s true nadir? And can you really even feed the streets from TIDAL? Maybe Desiigner would do best to keep it there, languishing in the most obscurity he can hope for, until the next, more team-sourced Big Idea comes along.

Here's the desiinger freestyle vid...

Still waiting on somebody to post a future one.

That's not a Freestlye man :lol:. It's def a written song that he chose to freestyle acapella. Imagine if Future chose to do "News or Something" Accapela :pimp: :x

This song is actually real content...and story telling. You wouldn't understand I though.

Here's the desiinger freestyle vid...

Still waiting on somebody to post a future one.

That's on the tape, unfortunately fam just sounds like Herbo on the mixtape. Tape's a mess

It took CyHi 4 projects to make a good tape, I'll give buddy the same benefit

Future relies too much on melody to rly take off lyrically but man dem joints be sounding majestic :smokin

Last edited:
That's not a Freestlye man :lol:. It's def a written song that he chose to freestyle acapella. Imagine if Future chose to do "News or Something" Accapela :pimp: :x

This song is actually real content...and story telling. You wouldn't understand I though.

Unless it's a story about a girl that moved on he wont

are y'all really tryna tell me what a freestyle is...in 2016 like freestyles are off of the dome LMAO

Like I said post a video of future doing it...not a wack *** song. I can post drake vids of him actually freestyling. There is no future freestyle. He sucks. If he makes one he will be getting laughed at like rich homie and yachty

Matter fact, You posted that same song like 6 months ago when I said future sucks lmao...why u ain't post none of his new **** :rofl:

Last edited:
 I can post drake vids of him actually freestyling. 
No you can't.

Are we really saying someone sucks or is better or someone because the opportunity presented itself for them to spit a written verse acapella? Is that the metric you're really judging Future on?

"He sucks because he's never spitten a written verse acapella"

Y'all pick the weirdest **** to not like about artist.

The only songs ive heard from Desiigner are Panda and the Timmy Turner Freestyle thing.. his beats are so damn fire !, i have to ask though, my girlfriend and i came across an artist that i just heard for the first time and i want to know if anybody have seen this dude before. His name is Jay Smalls and ill post a link somewhere below, he has this song called "On God" thats pretty fire! but i need to know if anyone know of this man. My girl said she been known about him but idk... somebody let me know! 

https://soundcloud.com/jay_smalls <Thats the link right there btw
No one acknowledged you but I'm gonna acknowledge you to tell you that I didn't listen get a job you #bum.

Last edited:
No you can't.

Are we really saying someone sucks or is better or someone because the opportunity presented itself for them to spit a written verse acapella? Is that the metric you're really judging Future on?

"He sucks because he's never spitten a written verse acapella"

Y'all pick the weirdest **** to not like about artist.

2006 @ 3:23 what were you saying? I got another one too if you need it

Where's the vids man ?? **** the chit chat

Ain't nobody listening to no future verse without the beat.

Still waiting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom