Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

:lol:
To bring some positivity he seems like a good kid. Every interview I watched he seems like a good dude who knows how lucky he is to be in his position. High as hell but good dude. The fairly odd parents track dropping sion huh? Def Jam smart as hell especially with all the memes and parodies out about it.

Attack of the clones...

...I couldn't even make it past "Caliber."

The biting is too much...

...I know younger generations do **** differently, but we have rules here.

Last edited:
Mike Dean about to help him get his next hit.
laugh.gif
this **** gone go. [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

And this mf be too hype, must be smoking primos.
pimp.gif

If you say he biting Future, I wouldnt argue with you.
But if Future aint exist, would dude still sound like he does? I lean toward yes.

exhibit a.

sons rap voice is the same as his speaking voice for the most part. (sans any autotune, which most rap crooners bite)

exhibit b.
View media item 2085227you see how turnt up this ***** is? you hear the same energy in his music. So it seems that he is just being himself wit all that hype ****.

exhibit c.
I dont got nothing else. I just felt like I should have 3 of these exhibits. Let son live tho. He providing a discount for cats who cant afford a future verse.

Last edited:
It will continue to happen, because it's easy to do. It's easier to put out music. There are no gatekeepers anymore, because the fans don't care as long as they can dance to it. And labels aren't taking risk and will push the same stuff out and to the radio.

That's why everyone is doing this sing songy rap bubble gum soft trap ****

or either incoherent mumbling melody

They listen to the songs on the radio and think they can do that to. Now you don't need studio time, you can just use someone you know who plays around with beats on their computer.

But if Future aint exist, would dude still sound like he does? I lean toward yes.

exhibit a.

sons rap voice is the same as his speaking voice for the most part. (sans any autotune, which most rap crooners bite)

exhibit b.
View media item 2085227you see how turnt up this ***** is? you hear the same energy in his music. So it seems that he is just being himself wit all that hype ****.

exhibit c.
I dont got nothing else. I just felt like I should have 3 of these exhibits. Let son live tho. He providing a discount for cats who cant afford a future verse.

He uses the same cadence and beats as future.

It would be different if he was on say, Harry fraud's beats.

Last edited:

NOTHING about this ****** energy should be placed on a Harry Fraud beat honestly.. It's clear as day that this ***** is insanely hyper, soul samples just ain't gonna be his wave.

And as far as the gatekeepers, **** the gatekeepers & **** radio, clearly it has become acceptable to not be original in hiphop but i'm tired of dudes acting as if ALL of rap is doing one thing. rap is in a space where any kind of music you want can be found, so while having not having gatekeepers has allowed a lot of trash into the game, it has also invited a lot of dopeness also. Artist in hiphop are now being allowed to take chances that wouldn't have been able to happen a decade ago. That has been proven to work in both directions.

Last edited:

exhibit a.

exhibit b.

you see how turnt up this ***** is? you hear the same energy in his music. So it seems that he is just being himself wit all that hype ****.

exhibit c.

A lot of the industry uses the same type of beats tho

Even if you don't count the beats, his whole flow and melodies are Futures. He would not have this style if Future ain't exist. :lol:

He would probably be like a hype, bad version of Kid Cudi.

Last edited:
Kevin Gates can never be accused of biting or being unoriginal.

#BWA #IDGT
But Gates ain't got a #1 billboard charting song. Gates my dude though. **** I wonder when Desiigner makes his music is he in his head like "Damn I sound exactly like Fewtch" or do you think he's blind to it? That **** is kinda weird to think about

Kevin Gates can never be accused of biting or being unoriginal.

#BWA #IDGT
I can't lie when I first heard of him on this in 2012 I was like why Push ain't just get the real Future?

NOTHING about this ****** energy should be placed on a Harry Fraud beat honestly.. It's clear as day that this ***** is insanely hyper, soul samples just ain't gonna be his wave.

And as far as the gatekeepers, **** the gatekeepers & **** radio, clearly it has become acceptable to not be original in hiphop but i'm tired of dudes acting as if ALL of rap is doing one thing. rap is in a space where any kind of music you want can be found, so while having not having gatekeepers has allowed a lot of trash into the game, it has also invited a lot of dopeness also. Artist in hiphop are now being allowed to take chances that wouldn't have been able to happen a decade ago. That has been proven to work in both directions.
You trippin he could easily slide over **** like this. 

No reason Fraud shouldn't be NY's Mustard/Metro.

But Gates ain't got a #1 billboard charting song. Gates my dude though. **** I wonder when Desiigner makes his music is he in his head like "Damn I sound exactly like Fewtch" or do you think he's blind to it? That **** is kinda weird to think about
2 Phones is actually one of the most successful songs in the country right now, I think it went like #2.

2 Phones is actually one of the most successful songs in the country right now, I think it went like #2.
peak position 17 but still pretty good.

Gates sounded absolutely nothing like Future on Trust You. This is the first time I've ever heard that comparison.

Some of you guys bringing up this "energy" nonsense, as if energy > talent/content. It still does not justify the fact that the music is lacking. If dudes want to use that energy, go do cross fit or play football or something.

I don't care how much energy said individual possesses, the songs are still horrendous.

Energy does not trump the actual music that's being recorded :lol:

Some of you guys bringing up this "energy" nonsense, as if energy > talent/content. It still does not justify the fact that the music is lacking. If dudes want to use that energy, go do cross fit or play football or something.

I don't care how much energy said individual possesses, the songs are still horrendous.

Energy does not trump the actual music that's being recorded
laugh.gif
What's talent/content? Everyone has different outlooks on that. ****** don't get signed to labels off energy.  Not saying he's the most talented artist but the fact this ***** made a #1 hit in two minutes is talent imo.

You can't deny his success on the billboard with Panda though. There's just different lanes in rap I feel like you can't really expect certain attributes from certain artists that others contain. If you don't like it just don't listen to it. But we'll see if he can get another radio hit cause it's hard to follow up with a chart topping track like that. 

I just don't understand what ****** are arguing about this dude. Yeah he sounds like Future, but the music's the music. If he drops nice tracks, imma listen to the it. This goes for any artist. Dudes are knocking Weeknd for sounding like the Dream or Thugger being reminiscent of Wayne. 

Last edited:

Energy does not trump the actual music that's being recorded :lol:

Then please explain metal concerts.

If that's the case, don't categorize your music as RAP or HIP HOP. Call it rock and roll, or pop. Hip Hop/Rap is a genre. If they want to implement these other elements, stay away from hip hop. Cause what these cats are doing, it's not even toeing the line anymore. Lump that crap in a different genre. Period.

Energy does not trump the actual music that's being recorded
laugh.gif
If that's the case, don't categorize your music as RAP or HIP HOP. Call it rock and roll, or pop. Hip Hop/Rap is a genre. If they want to implement these other elements, stay away from hip hop. Cause what these cats are doing, it's not even toeing the line anymore. Lump that crap in a different genre. Period.
Then please explain metal concerts.
Exactly.

There's enough music for everyone.

Certain music simply exists to set a vibe/feeling. If you have an internet connection and can't find lyrical miracle ****** you like well maybe you aren't intelligent enough to even consume and understand the music you're looking for.

Like dude said, there are no gatekeepers. People don't need a label to put music out and be successful. So that means all types of music can flourish from the ignorant/vibe **** to the ****** who like to use 10 syllables each bar.

Agreed but you can't deny his success on the billboard with Panda though. There's just different lanes in rap I feel like you can't really expect certain attributes from certain artists that others contain. If you don't like it just don't listen to it. But we'll see if he can get another radio hit cause it's hard to follow up with a chart topping track like that. 

I have no problem with the young boy getting his bread. I honestly don't care about the money these artists bring in. I am strictly about the music. I don't listen to the radio. Maybe satellite radio, but, I usually play what I enjoy.

My point is, play and enjoy the music you enjoy. I don't care if it's a hip hop song from the 80s, 90s, or modern day music. It's those listeners with no objectivity, who I cannot stand. I can play Jay-Z, ASAP Rocky, Young Thug, Schoolboy Q, or Playboi Carti, :lol:

I feel like, if you're 25+ or older (I am 28), if you aren't objective about music, don't talk to me. I expect some younger people to not know about certain stuff. Or if you copy older songs (ironically, people hate those "stuck in the past" fans) don't try to use old songs as retreads, if you don't like older hip hop. Be original, or stay in place. Make your money, and knee it moving.

Back
Top Bottom