Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

:lol:  I'm not in disagreement with any of this. (although I'm not one of these Future hive dudes, he has stuff I do enjoy)

My initial comment was just the observation that I've seen that NY...specifically Brooklyn goes hard for dude even if they know he's wack and it's because they WANT him to win because NY feels like they need "wins". Im basing that off an offline real conversations in Brooklyn (i live there but not from there) and I what I see in this thread. In comparison...I know major rappers from other major cities where they don't get that same sort of grassroots blind support.

Wale in DC is one. Detroit and Big Sean is another. I know ALOT of ppl from Detroit that absolutely hate Big Sean :lol:

100%

Well said. I agree with this sentiment strongly.

We've never seen a clone like Desiigner before. 
Not on this big of a platform at least 
laugh.gif

And honestly, what's kept my eye on him so far is the sheer amazement at how much attention he's generated from one song. I don't think I've ever seen this before. This is All Gold Everything on super steroids 
laugh.gif

Every week I'd check the blogs just to see if this ***** actually came out with something else or not. And the fact that his tape just dropped and didn't exactly set the internet on fire is exactly what I was afraid would happen.

Last edited:
99% of us detroiters hate big sean. We respect his success, but we hate his music. That's why everybody was so excited about the vice series when they came here, it gave a mini sample size of the music culture here. We've had out own sound for about 2 decades and have been getting overlooked while the dudes like big Sean, Eminem and Danny brown get the industry looks. We were lowkey excited when the drill movement popped off Cuz we thought we were next. Most people wish payroll was in big Sean position.

Nobody here in Dallas had ever heard of post Malone before white iverson

Last edited:
NY is the only place that has this outdated idea of what a rapper supposed to be. It's funny everyone looking for the NY savior when Rocky has been out here consistently doing his thing.

You would have a point if everyone else holds New York to that same standard.

Look at Troy Ave and French.

That same person dissing them, isn't listening to Kendrick or even Ross, they're listening to Future.

If you aren't lyrical and you're from New York you get dissed by guys who listen to a bunch of gibberish and wack rap. I don't hear these same arguments then.

This isn't true at all. For one thing, even though you can consider French a subpar rapper, he has a near flawless mixtape catalog. People know Bad Boy is the reason why his official debut was so terrible. A lot of people do mess with French. On the flip side, nobody cares for Troy Ave cause he decided to bring NY back ", while dropping painfully mediocre music. He may be a better rapper than French from a technical aspect, but he's extremely basic, and comes off as trying to be a 50 Cent/Max B fusion instead whatever type of rapper he thinks he's portraying. Also, Future, French, Ross, and Kendrick Lamar have all in someway linked up, so fans of each one surely have listened to the other

You act like one can't enjoy both Kendrick and Future. Both of them are some of my favorite artist.

And French is dope when he's on Harry Fraud beats. Or dropping songs like "Lockjaw". ASAP is dope. You don't need to be a lyrical rapper from NY to get praise. I mess with the smurdas heavy....and bump Jadakiss and Nas. It doesn't matter man.

Idk why NYC is so defensive with this sht. We've never seen a clone like Desiigner before. And him being from NY, there is going to be a lil clapback from some of the regions y'all shtted on.

Props to him for being a young black dude from the trenches that's doing well. But I wouldn't support it. NYC supports it heavy. It is what it is.

We've never seen Chief Keef, Migos, Gucci, Young Thug and Waka clones?

:lol:@you thinking he is becoming number one off New York.

We've never seen Chief Keef, Migos, Gucci, Young Thug and Waka clones?

:lol:@you thinking he is becoming number one off New York.

We've never seen a clone do it on this magnitude. I thought that was clear. Comprehension man, comprehension :lol:.

I never said he was #1 b/c of NYC....that's obviously Ye & Def Jam. All I'm saying is NYC will support Desiigner regardless of if he's trash or not.

In an era TEETHING with clones, Wavy criticises Desiigner :lol:

None of these dudes are original. Majority of these fans only listen to 2 artists, maximum.

Future is the Chris Weinke of rap. A super super senior. A 32 year old undergraduate :rofl:

Last edited:
:lol:  I'm not in disagreement with any of this. (although I'm not one of these Future hive dudes, he has stuff I do enjoy)

My initial comment was just the observation that I've seen that NY...specifically Brooklyn goes hard for dude even if they know he's wack and it's because they WANT him to win because NY feels like they need "wins". Im basing that off an offline real conversations in Brooklyn (i live there but not from there) and I what I see in this thread. In comparison...I know major rappers from other major cities where they don't get that same sort of grassroots blind support.

Wale in DC is one. Detroit and Big Sean is another. I know ALOT of ppl from Detroit that absolutely hate Big Sean :lol:

That's what my original comment was about, every city has their artist who they do that for, i just pointed out ATL because they seem to do it a lot more with their artist, and the DJ's along with the artists help formulate a buzz for these cats even if they know dude don't got more than 1-2 hot tracks. It's smart on there part however, because wack or not as proven A lot of people will consider it a "vibe" and rock with it. due to that it creates more opportunities for those in the city with real talent to also be recognized.

And as far as Desiigner goes, his tape is better than A lot of these cats in the new trap lane, however he does himself an injustice by sounding exactly like future. With that said there's a few hard tracks off the mixtape, but it isn't possible for him to create 10 more "panda's". Now add in the fact that this is literally his first mixtape ever he's ahead of a lot of these ****** in his lane already & that's why a lot of people in the city are rocking with it also. If your into this specific Genre of trap rap i don't know how someone could listen to a lot of these other dudes and call desiigner wack.

all in all whether from NYC or ATL or the Bay, anywhere on the ******* map we are in a generation where a rapper being good at rap isn't the thing that's going to get a push :smh:

Last edited:
In an era TEETHING with clones, Wavy criticises Desiigner :lol:

None of these dudes are original. Majority of these fans only listen to 2 artists, maximum.

Future is the Chris Weinke of rap. A super super senior. A 32 year old undergraduate :rofl:

Dog, let the Future hate go. It's beyond hate. I've criticized the biters ad nauseam on here. From Travis Scott to Lil Uzi to Famous Dex to whoever. Don't rock with them at all.

This is a DESIIGNER thread...so of course he's going to be the topic at hand. What's wrong with you?

:lol:

We've never seen a clone do it on this magnitude. I thought that was clear. Comprehension man, comprehension :lol:.

I never said he was #1 b/c of NYC....that's obviously Ye & Def Jam. All I'm saying is NYC will support Desiigner regardless of if he's trash or not.

Dana Dane was using a British accent and was from Fort Green Brooklyn.

Das Efx changed their style, because of people copying.

All the way to Action Bronson.

This magnitude :lol:

:lol: you really think this is new?

You really need to educate yourself on raps history.

Last edited:
Dog, let the Future hate go. It's beyond hate. I've criticized the biters ad nauseam on here. From Travis Scott to Lil Uzi to Famous Dex to whoever. Don't rock with them at all.

This is a DESIIGNER thread...so of course he's going to be the topic at hand. What's wrong with you?

Future draws inspiration from Travis' hometown though... If syrup usage was heavy in the A, I apologize. Rarely heard TI Jeezy, Pastor Troy, etc talk about lean.

Future is a biter too. He is the same tier biter as Drake. You don't see Uzi or T. Scott calling themselves GOATS, or proclaiming greatness. Future actually thinks he should be amongst the greats. Heck nawl
Famous Dex....

Moving forward. Future is a 7th year medical redshirt, graduate assistant.

He is older than Cudi, Wale, Drake, Kendrick, Meek, J. Cole.

Just flat out old and sorry.

This magnitude
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
you really think this is new?

Come on man. We talking about compared to someone who has a #1 record in the digital era 
laugh.gif

You're a smart dude...you know exactly ppl like Action Bronson and Das Efx don't belong in this discussion. Desiigner has a #1 record and is aligned with one of the most popular artists of this generation. That's a considerably bigger spotlight than those guys you mentioned.

All I know is that ***** mixtape is garbage. I thought maybe ye will lace him with beats and verses a lil, or push will over see the project. Cyhi see they pushing this over him he need to walk asap.

Future draws inspiration from Travis' hometown though... If syrup usage was heavy in the A, I apologize. Rarely heard TI Jeezy, Pastor Troy, etc talk about lean.

Future is a biter too. He is the same tier biter as Drake. You don't see Uzi or T. Scott calling themselves GOATS, or proclaiming greatness. Future actually thinks he should be amongst the greats. Heck nawl
Famous Dex....

Moving forward. Future is a 7th year medical redshirt, graduate assistant.

He is older than Cudi, Wale, Drake, Kendrick, Meek, J. Cole.

Just flat out old and sorry.

Why do you bring up futures age everytime you mention him?

I've never seen someone 100% bite someone swag and get a #1 record out of it. Like to the point people thought he was said artist. Dude hit a big lick. That's never happened before man, ever. But then again all these ****** sound the same to y'all, y'all ****** said dolph and 2 chains sound alike.

Being highly regarded in this "generation" is something to write home about? That's a proud accomplishment? Songs like "Hot N*" "Panda" were #1 records in this era...

He can gladly have his mark, with the other trash of this generation.

I've never seen someone 100% bite someone swag and get a #1 record out of it. Like to the point people thought he was said artist. Dude hit a big lick. That's never happened before man, ever. But then again all these ****** sound the same to y'all, y'all ****** said dolph and 2 chains sound alike.

Exactly the point bro!

This magnitude :lol:

:lol: you really think this is new?

Ive mentioned in this very forum (Migos thread) that biting isn't something new. Even using Das FX and their flow as an example.

Migos Impact reminds me a lil of Das EFX's in the 90s. The came with that "wiggedy wack" type flow...weren't talking about anything at all....and everybody else in the industry jumped on it.

Don't try that condescending old head "rap history" stuff with me :lol:.

Show me in rap history where a rappers first single goes #1 while almost indiscernibly biting one of the hottest rappers in the game.

I'll wait. Again, "Magnitude". We haven't seen THIS

Last edited:

Exactly :lol:

Come on man. We talking about compared to someone who has a #1 record in the digital era :lol:

You're a smart dude...you know exactly ppl like Action Bronson and Das Efx don't belong in this discussion. Desiigner has a #1 record and is aligned with one of the most popular artists of this generation. That's a considerably bigger spotlight than those guys you mentioned.

So now the difference is Desiigner had a number record in a garbage music era :lol:

Ya'll love moving that bar for convenience.

Even though Das sold a lot more records than Future ever did.

and we're in an era where we have a bunch of Drake clones and Bryson Tiller and Tory two of the hottest R&B guys :lol:

Back
Top Bottom