Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

but if he does make that mixtape he can either end up like wayne or thug.........remember carter/barter 6 and all that nonsense, it made thug more relevant and wayne more forgettable.

but if he does make that mixtape he can either end up like wayne or thug.........remember carter/barter 6 and all that nonsense, it made thug more relevant and wayne more forgettable.
I don't rock with Thugger's whole Carter/Barter 6 thing but at least he has his own style and sound. You can tell he's inspired by Wayne but he crafted a very unique sound. Nobody listens to a Thug song and thinks "is this Lil Wayne?"

I'm glad Thug has moved on from that.

It's bad enough that Desiigner Shang-Tsung'd Future musically but on top of that he got another song coming out called Pluto and now this. Even if it's just trolling, I hope it is, it's still a really bad look.

Last edited:

I don't rock with Thugger's whole Carter/Barter 6 thing but at least he has his own style and sound. You can tell he's inspired by Wayne but he crafted a very unique sound. Nobody listens to a Thug song and thinks "is this Lil Wayne?"

I'm glad Thug has moved on from that.

It's bad enough that Desiigner Shang-Tsung'd Future musically but on top of that he got another song coming out called Pluto and now this. Even if it's just trolling, I hope it is, it's still a really bad look.
i agree, im not saying they sound alike when talking wayne and thug.....i look at the way fans were mad at thug for doing it but in the end they are fans of his and not thinking about the carter.......just like people might take to desiigner over future.....not saying it happens 

Bruh thug had like 5 projects under his belt before the whole Carter 6 thing. At the time I didn't even like dude at that time but they sound nothing alike. If he would've jumped in the game with a song that sounded just like a millie and came out with c6 I can't come sign that joint. Dude literally came in the game with a future sounding song, then his 2nd single is pluto, and if this is true I Peep the agenda. Hell Wayne made 500 degrees and remade the song when juvie wasn't ******* with them dudes but at least Wayne had his own sound and other projects under his belt.

i agree, im not saying they sound alike when talking wayne and thug.....i look at the way fans were mad at thug for doing it but in the end they are fans of his and not thinking about the carter.......just like people might take to desiigner over future.....not saying it happens 
If he was already established and had a fan base I'd see your point. Thug had singles/projects before that. Wayne had projects before 500 degrees. This dude has nothing so far. We know nothing about him outside of his every move is Future esque. I'm trynna give him a shot but if his every move is a future like clone, I'd rather just hear future

If he was already established and had a fan base I'd see your point. Thug had singles/projects before that. Wayne had projects before 500 degrees. This dude has nothing so far. We know nothing about him outside of his every move is Future esque. I'm trynna give him a shot but if his every move is a future like clone, I'd rather just hear future
the pr that thug got for hanging with baby and wearing girls clothes combined with his barter 6 talk/release is what got him being talked about....dude been making music and no one cared much (at least no one i know) until he aligned himself with baby and played his son for a couple years.

i've seen fans turn on folks just because the new guy said to. (i.e. 50 cent/ ja rule)

i dont think there is a way for desiigner to replace future or take any fanbase, but if it happened i wouldn't be surprised.

the pr that thug got for hanging with baby and wearing girls clothes combined with his barter 6 talk/release is what got him being talked about....dude been making music and no one cared much (at least no one i know) until he aligned himself with baby and played his son for a couple years.

i've seen fans turn on folks just because the new guy said to. (i.e. 50 cent/ ja rule)

i dont think there is a way for desiigner to replace future or take any fanbase, but if it happened i wouldn't be surprised.
I didn't even like thug back then, but dude had mistakes and verses on all gucci tapes back then. People who are hip to the underground scene knew who he was. He did get headlines for that but even then, people knew who he was. We literally know nothing about this guy except the 3 moves he made mimicked future. If we had something to base him off of it would be one thing but he came out the blue like he ciara son.

This ain't close to Thug/Wayne at all.

Wayne was already on the decline (fell off after Rebirth, you might even say after 07). And plus there was already the drama between Birdman and Wayne.

Future is in his prime.

I didn't even like thug back then, but dude had mistakes and verses on all gucci tapes back then. People who are hip to the underground scene knew who he was. He did get headlines for that but even then, people knew who he was. We literally know nothing about this guy except the 3 moves he made mimicked future. If we had something to base him off of it would be one thing but he came out the blue like he ciara son.
oh, dont be mistaken, i definitely get what you saying.....i have never been a fan of biting......and as an atlien i know thug been putting work in, he wouldve def been received differently if he wasn't aligned with baby in my eyes at least.

I'm really dead. My and and my boys was literally saying a few months ago, if future can be popular off what he does anybody can. We should do it :rofl: then this guy comes around and boom :smh: straight stole my idea.

I'm really dead. My and and my boys was literally saying a few months ago, if future can be popular off what he does anybody can. We should do it
roll.gif
then this guy comes around and boom
mean.gif
straight stole my idea.
i bet one or more of these labels have a future alternative in the fold....if they take off is another story

Good point. Still worth a try, talent required? zilch, extensive vocabulary? Nada. Articulation? Nope get some fire beats and Shoot for the stars :lol:

Last edited:
But... if I find a unsigned artist on sc and recruit them to write for me and just hop on whoever is popular wave I can be the hottest guy in music right now [emoji]129300[/emoji]. Then me and u can come together and make wattba 2? Let's do it

This ain't close to Thug/Wayne at all.

Wayne was already on the decline (fell off after Rebirth, you might even say after 07). And plus there was already the drama between Birdman and Wayne.

Future is in his prime.

Took him 32 years, to reach his prime? George "Future" Blanda? Robert "Future" Parrish?

But... if I find a unsigned artist on sc and recruit them to write for me and just hop on whoever is popular wave I can be the hottest guy in music right now [emoji]129300[/emoji]. Then me and u can come together and make wattba 2? Let's do it

:rofl: I'm down bro.

If he want to make a statement then he should come to the A right now and perform on some idgaf....but if he care about his safety now might not be the best time ...most likely he'll be down here soon enough

Back
Top Bottom