Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

I dont even listen to Dolph but dude dont sound **** like 2 Chainz then again ive had a friend confuse Boldy James for 2 Chainz :x so i wouldn't put it past ppl to be that dumb & deaf. Casual music fans say dumb **** all the time

Boldy James for 2Chainz :x :rofl:

I need names :nerd:

If we jus talkin bout just NY rappers than id take all these guys over him...

Joey Badass
Meechie Darko & Erick Arc Elliot of Flatbush Zombies
Smoke DZA
Action Bronson
ASAP Rocky & Ferg
Westside Gunner
Da$h (not certain if he from NY tho lol)

Hell when Vado & Charles Hamilton were hot, i liked their stuff more Daves lol

Dave East cool just dont really understand the hype

Dave east just got charisma. He got the look, swag and his songs not bad. A lot of those dudes can rap but they don't have it.

NY and the Tri state should pay homage and make Max B the up top Gucci. Everybody talking bout "Waves" these days. Y'all better pay homage. SN check :pimp:

2:10

Last edited:
Stack and Max would've been legends if they didn't get taken from us. **** Bobby and Rowdy could've had a niche in this current climate of rap

Shaq and kobe could've had 10 rings had they stayed together....

I completely agree Max would be a legend if it matters. Whoever said the NY gucci was spot on. Son was far ahead of his time and would the dude all these young dudes would be trynna be like. Designer would be making totally different music.

NY and the Tri state should pay homage and make Max B the up top Gucci. Everybody talking bout "Waves" these days. Y'all better pay homage. SN check :pimp:

2:10

I'm a ****** gangsta u betta pay homage :rofl:

Those two along with Jim at the Helm would have been Killing the game

Stacks has become overrated in his death

Chinx was better than him at crafting songs

I never understood the whole "(insert rapper) destroyed new york hip hop" either. Lets not act like everyone in new york was selling millions of records and holding hands until 50 cent came along.

Anyone who still thinks a region is "running rap" right now needs to come from under a rock and realize the internet changed how we look at these things. The most popular rapper in the world right now is from Canada. J Cole is from NC but has not an ounce of the southern sound in his style and hes been in nyc for 10 years now. Nikki is from nyc. Kanye is from the chi. Kendrick is from la. So that says the top rappers are from all over the place. Besides Future, who from the south is making that much noise right now? And even he still hasnt entered that elite tier yet where he sell a million records. Hes knocking on the door tho. Young Thug has alot of fan fare but it hasnt translated to commercial success yet.

Dudes like Dolph, Gotti, etc. Have cult followings and can tour at small venues all across the country but those are hardly the type of artists you bring up when you say "the south is running things".

Rap is global now. The internet is why you can have a guy from brooklyn sound like hes from atlanta and vice versa. Everyone is plugged into the same network. All that region to region city to city **** is dead.

I've been saying this for years

People get their music off the internet and radio. The radio plays practically the same songs throughout the country. So you're going to be influenced by what's popular. If you get it off the internet, you're going to be influenced by what people are talking about and what's popular.

If you're 20 you grew up off everything from Jay-Z to Lil Wayne to Kanye.

But you can be a southern rapper, because you don't have to be lyrical. No other region has that leeway.

Every New York cat that used the word bama that's listening and supporting this dude can hold this L

The internet has completely destroyed the originality and the region specific sounds of hip hop. UN ******* REAL

Last edited:
The internet has completely destroyed the originality and the region specific sounds of hip hop. UN ******* REAL

Regional specific sound was so great. That's probably the most glaring thing missing from rap due to the internet

At one point NYC, Philly, LA, The Bay, Memphis, Midwest, ATL, and Houston all bad their own distinct sounds with LEGENDS in the "mainstream". The **** that's going on today is a joke

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom