Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

Nobody liked Timmy Turner. Record was obviously forced and made no impact really other than the XXL snippet....and was a pure residual effect of "Panda" from that standpoint. His first project.....was a whole dub.

The panda boy is cold.....and untalented

Kanye, GOOD and Mike Dean will throw him another life line somewhere soon. Until then....Panda Boy is probably listening to FUTURE/HNDRXX religiously, trying to mimic the new wave again :lol:.

Give it up Ty. Ain't nobody checking for dude. Let Casanova get the NYC hype now or something.

Free the Shmurdas though. Ahh ahh :pimp:

My question why hasn't Kanye, good & mike Dean throw him a "lifeline" with his latest record, i mean if it's so easy for them to just create a platinum single (Factor in Kanye didn't have a platinum single off Pablo, but they rigging the game for desiigner :lol:) why wouldn't they continue to push the guy who just had the two biggest singles in rap of anybody not named Drake.

From your standpoint of him being all manufactured by GOOD & not creating any buzz for himself, why would GOOD let there guy get cold? i mean they just gifted him a 5x platinum record & a Platinum record a few months ago, so obviously their promo game is genius. why isn't this single receiving the same push? it would only make sense to continue to build on an artist who just Killed last year no? :lol:

Also Release two legitimate hits a few months ago and your Ice cold. don't have any legitimate hits, drop a mixtape every few months that doesn't last more than 2-3 weeks at a time.... Hottest in the game. correct

My question why hasn't Kanye, good & mike Dean throw him a "lifeline" with his latest record, i mean if it's so easy for them to just create a platinum single (Factor in Kanye didn't have a platinum single off Pablo, but they rigging the game for desiigner :lol:) why wouldn't they continue to push the guy who just had the two biggest singles in rap of anybody not named Drake.

From your standpoint of him being all manufactured by GOOD & not creating any buzz for himself, why would GOOD let there guy get cold? i mean they just gifted him a 5x platinum record & a Platinum record a few months ago, so obviously their promo game is genius. why isn't this single receiving the same push? it would only make sense to continue to build on an artist who just Killed last year no? :lol:

Also Release two legitimate hits a few months ago and your Ice cold. don't have any legitimate hits, drop a mixtape every few months that doesn't last more than 2-3 weeks at a time.... Hottest in the game. correct

Lord please help them accept the things they can't change

You seem to think my standpoint is good music is investing loads of resources and time and energy etc to him.

They aren't. And I don't think so. They didn't need to after Panda. They just needed to do what a major label does.....and we got Timmy Turner (a mike dean record). When I say Timmy Turner was "placed" or "forced"....all in saying is the numbers and cerotifications do not match how big the record was. 90% of social media was asking HOW Timmy Turner went platinum when DJ Akadmks posted it in on his page (not that THAT is an indicator....but that's the general feelejng). I'm not saying the song wasn't known...or shouldn't have charted. But it wasn't as big as the cerotificatins and charts suggest.

Panda....is like gambling a lil bt of money and winning a lot. Timmy Turner was playing with house money. All that's gone.....now it's up to the artist to do his thing.

No idea what or who you're talking about in your last sentence. But knowing you.....it's probably young thug for some weird reason :lol:.

I wonder why his "Incredible Team" and the industry agenda to "Push" him hasn't been done this time?? :lol: :lol:

I mean if they pushed Panda & timmy turner to it's heights w/o anybody actually listening to the songs and it was all fabricated (This is wht YALL told me), i just don't know why they wouldn't continue to push his next record to the same heights?

Outside of Drake he's the only rapper with two platinum singles last year it would only make sense to keep pushing the kid NO? or maybe just maybeeeee those two Hit records he had came because people actually liked and played the record A lot.

I'm not addressing the other stuff ( :lol: ), I don't think this is right tho. From what I remember only 10-12 rap singles released in 16 went plat in 16, I don't even think Drake had 2

Edit: I will say it seem like Outlet kinda lost steam quicker than I thought

You seem to think my standpoint is good music is investing loads of resources and time and energy etc to him.

They aren't. And I don't think so. They didn't need to after Panda. They just needed to do what a major label does.....and we got Timmy Turner (a mike dean record). When I say Timmy Turner was "placed" or "forced"....all in saying is the numbers and cerotifications do not match how big the record was. 90% of social media was asking HOW Timmy Turner went platinum when DJ Akadmks posted it in on his page (not that THAT is an indicator....but that's the general feelejng). I'm not saying the song wasn't known...or shouldn't have charted. But it wasn't as big as the cerotificatins and charts suggest.

Panda....is like gambling a lil bt of money and winning a lot. Timmy Turner was playing with house money. All that's gone.....now it's up to the artist to do his thing.

No idea what or who you're talking about in your last sentence. But knowing you.....it's probably young thug for some weird reason :lol:.

So basically your shaming him for Capitalizing off of his momentum?? Because if you just stated that Panda was so big that Timmy Turner received the residual success from it, How do the numbers not match how big the song was. he had literally the second biggest song of the year in ANY GENRE. That being his first song it intrigued people to listen to the second single and hence the song went platinum despite not reaching the success off the first.

Why is it that we have to analyze what got him the numbers & certifications and not anyone else's? Because if we gonna keep it a BUCK about songs being forced Rae Shremmurds joint is the definition of this.

That album/song dropped and outside of a few tweets i saw NOTHING about that song. it wasn't tearing up no clubs, wasn't killing the streets. That Mannequinchallenge drops and transforms the song from a good album cut into the #1 song in the country for weeks.... That song literally got to #1 due to a meme, not because people were anticipating a Rae shremm album, not because they was ****** with them heavy, It popped because of a teen popped it off into a meme (samething happened to them ****** destroying Knuck If you buck into a dancetune).

I've never heard the validity of their "hits" challenged tho. Bad & Boujee another success of Meme's & social media, Another song that Migos dropped, was simmering around & then one week on social media "Rain drop, drop top" meme's come and then donald glover... then look how Migos changed the culture.

None of this is a knock on the songs themselves, but if we are gonna disect What led to Desiigners hits, why we aint examining nobody else. Unless you gonna tell me that those songs were "Hits" that somehow were just sitting there mor a few eeks not being talked about.

I'm not addressing the other stuff ( :lol: ), I don't think this is right tho. From what I remember only 10-12 rap singles released in 16 went plat in 16, I don't even think Drake had 2

Edit: I will say it seem like Outlet kinda lost steam quicker than I thought

I personally like the song, but it lost steam because not many others really like it that much and it shows, that i'm fine with. What bothers me is that people tried to discredit the success of Timmy Turner as if the numbers were just completely faked or created. Was it a game changing hit No, did people enjoy the song and play it clearly, if not the same machine that pushed timmy turner would be able to push Outlet to similar heights. But they can't because people just aren't feeling the song much.

Last edited:
As far as Black Beatles, idk if you just weren't tuned in or what but that song was definitely moving pre mannequin challenge.

I remember it hitting top 15 on the Hot 100 and people started talking about it being Gucci's biggest song. The next week after, the challenge hit and it jumped right inside the top 10 and went up from there.

Last edited:
C'mon Ty, you can't honestly believe Timmy timmy timmy turna was killing the streets.

Not one bit, and after that "streaming party" post in regards to the Nicki "No Frauds" song, that tells me all I need to know about Timmy Turner. Easily one of the most non-played "played songs in the history of music. That's the type of song you play in a club at 2am when you're trying to clear the dance floor and hint to people to go home.

And Black Beatles was definitely legit before the whole mannequin challenge stuff

Last edited:
The Trinidad James effect is happening. Son came out too hot and can't follow up. I always listen just in case he strikes fire again and it just ain't happened. Panda was big enough for him to eat for a long time tho. U have a song that big u post to put out a fire project to follow, instead he dropped that Timmy Turner :lol: and that pathetic mixtape that never has been seen since.

according to some articles i picked up on Black Beatles the Mannequin challenge Went viral on October 26th.... I'm looking at the chart dated end week October 22nd & the song was sitting at #41 in the hot 100 after being on the charts for 4 weeks at the time (funny enough Timmy turner a song released in july was at #35 on the same list).

After the Mannequin challenge tho #33, 22, 16, 9, & then 1

So one month prior to the Online Challenge, the song being promoted as the official second single was sitting at 41 (after 4 weeks on the charts, meaning that the song was being pushed prior to them even arriving on the charts) most would say that in't a hit record at the time.

Drop the challenge and within another month they're suddenly at #1 for the next two months...... that's a natural progression to you guys? The numbers show CLEAR AS DAY that that song was not on it's way to becoming a hit until the internet got involved & a sat there picking up novelty plays while everyone from your toddler to your grandma used it for something other than the enjoyment of the song. (and i personally think black Beatles is a good song, even outside of a party atmosphere, doesn't change the fact that it wasn't a hit until the meme's)

according to some articles i picked up on Black Beatles the Mannequin challenge Went viral on October 26th.... I'm looking at the chart dated end week October 22nd & the song was sitting at #41 in the hot 100 after being on the charts for 4 weeks at the time (funny enough Timmy turner a song released in july was at #35 on the same list).

After the Mannequin challenge tho #33, 22, 16, 9, & then 1

So one month prior to the Online Challenge, the song being promoted as the official second single was sitting at 41 (after 4 weeks on the charts, meaning that the song was being pushed prior to them even arriving on the charts) most would say that in't a hit record at the time.

Drop the challenge and within another month they're suddenly at #1 for the next two months...... that's a natural progression to you guys? The numbers show CLEAR AS DAY that that song was not on it's way to becoming a hit until the internet got involved & a sat there picking up novelty plays while everyone from your toddler to your grandma used it for something other than the enjoyment of the song. (and i personally think black Beatles is a good song, even outside of a party atmosphere, doesn't change the fact that it wasn't a hit until the meme's)

Idk why you try bro, NT group think is as stubborn as a rock. Ain't no way around it

Mannequin Challenge went viral on October 26th with no somg attributed to it. It didn't get attached to Black Beatles until they did it at there show on November 4.

They were already at 22 on the November 5th Hot 100 which covered October 28-Nov 3 I.e before they did the challenge. I thought they were around the Top 15 mark before hand but it was really close to 20.

In 2 weeks it jumped from 41 to 22. I think you can say it was on its way, not necessarily to number 1 (which requires some huge crossover attention), but it was definitely moving

Last edited:
Mannequin Challenge went viral on October 26th with no somg attributed to it. It didn't get attached to Black Beatles until they did it at there show on November 4.

They were already at 22 on the November 5th Hot 100 which covered October 28-Nov 3 I.e before they did the challenge. I thought they were around the Top 15 mark before hand but it was really close to 20.

In 2 weeks it jumped from 41 to 22. I think you can say it was on its way, not necessarily number 1, but it was definitely moving

Exactly. Plus.....***** were actually PLAYING black beetles and bad and boujie.....in real life :lol: (at the same time "Timmy Turner" was supposedly charting higher) [emoji]128580[/emoji]

The Mannequin Challenges and Donald glover *** put those songs over the top....

But they were WELL established....and on their way to being hits on their own right

Idk why you try bro, NT group think is as stubborn as a rock. Ain't no way around it

We all disagree with each other all the time whether it's the sports section or music section so I'm not seeing the group think.

Designer being trash must be a real life group think since no one plays that dudes music outside of his immediate family

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: :lol: you should be a gymnast

Ya'll are saying black beatles was moving and on it's way to being a Hit prior to the challenge correct

Gucci/ Drake - Both
Rae Shremm - Swang
Post Malone/ Quavo - Congratulations

These are all songs by hiphop artist right now that are sitting in that 35-50 range in the hot 100.. are you gonna say any of those songs are HITS??

This is where Black Beatles was sitting after 4 weeks on the chart & i would say atleast a month being worked around the blogs/clubs... you telling me it was gaining all this traction prior and the numbers just ain't adding up.

and EVERYONE has their numbers boosted due to streaming, the fact that you are trying to compare Nicki & her cult like fans literally running up her #'s to desiigner numbers.... the same guy who ya'll claim ya'll never here suddenly has a hive taking his records to platinum... the same hive that didn't get his newest track on the charts yet... it can't be both ways.

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink you be getting maaad defensive, and putting words in ***** mouth :lol:.

The ONLY thing ***** from damn near all around the country have been saying is.......they don't think the Timmy Turner song was THAT big. That's literally it man :lol:.

Bruh...

You ignore everything I just said in my post? :lol: I just told you were it was at before they did the challenge

After around 3-4 weeks of being on the charts, Panda was sitting around that same #30 range in April. That was close to 2 months after it had "debuted" on Kanye album, so what's your point?

Do you know the process of working a song, pushing to radio, etc? **** can vary a lot

Last edited:
I'm not gonna argue over a week difference in when the challenge dropped, point blank the song went from bubbling to a hit because of the Challenge, that's the point. So i'll admit that i was wrong about the song having no buzz prior to the challenge but it was a very slow burn and damn sure wasn't heading up anywhere near a #1 at that rate.

And like i've been asking ya'll for months now, if nobody was playing the Timmy Turner record why is it platinum? He released a single a month ago that hasn't gained any real traction after already having two huge singles. If Def Jam could force a platinum hit on a song "nobody" was listening too with Timmy turner, why wouldn't they continue this trend with his new single?

You can't in one breathe say nobody was listening to the song it's all forced, then 2-3 months later say the same artist with more notoriety then before, under the same team & access to even more people isn't getting that same kind of push for his new single. It just doesn't make any sense.

I'm not gonna argue over a week difference in when the challenge dropped, point blank the song went from bubbling to a hit because of the Challenge, that's the point. So i'll admit that i was wrong about the song having no buzz prior to the challenge but it was a very slow burn and damn sure wasn't heading up anywhere near a #1 at that rate.

And like i've been asking ya'll for months now, if nobody was playing the Timmy Turner record why is it platinum? He released a single a month ago that hasn't gained any real traction after already having two huge singles. If Def Jam could force a platinum hit on a song "nobody" was listening too with Timmy turner, why wouldn't they continue this trend with his new single?

You can't in one breathe say nobody was listening to the song it's all forced, then 2-3 months later say the same artist with more notoriety then before, under the same team & access to even more people isn't getting that same kind of push for his new single. It just doesn't make any sense.

Timmy Turner underperformed . New English Unerwhelmed, and the novelty wore off.

You gotta remember....Panda originally came out at the end of 2015. It was hot in the spring summer of 2016....and he followed that up with Timmy Turner. it didn't do do what they thought it would do (even with the placement).

And we are here now.......I'm interested to see how he bites next though.

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink you be getting maaad defensive, and putting words in ***** mouth :lol:.

The ONLY thing ***** from damn near all around the country have been saying is.......they don't think the Timmy Turner song was THAT big. That's literally it man :lol:.

and for months i've been saying that one side of this has tangible numbers, whether streaming, youtube plays, radio spins ther's actual proof that someone was playing the songs. Ya'll defense to these same metrics we use for everyone else is Nah they're lying i know what i heard in my hood, or in the parties it wasn't Timmy Turner.

so if i'm gonna go by the thought of Billboard is wrong and the numbers are rigged, i then have to ask if it was that easy to "make" a platinum single why did Def Jam choose Desiigner ??

On a roster that has Kanye, 2 chainz, Pusha, YG, Dave East, Vince Staples etc etc....... the one guy they decided to cook the books for is a unknown 18yr old from BKLYN who sounds exactly like one of the hottest artist right now??

they looked at they roster of young talented acts with followings already and said **** them Desiigner is the one we wanna push to the forefront??

I just need to make sense of where these numbers came from since nobody listened to the song, is it fake news? if it is fake news why billboard choose to boost the future clone instead of the real future..... "que Dragonball Z music"

Panda debuts at #96 on March 12th, 4 weeks later it's #21.

Black Beatles debuts on October 1st also at #96, 5 weeks later (still before they did the challenge) it's at #22.

Yeah that's a slow burn
laugh.gif
mean.gif

eyes.gif

Last edited:
Panda debuts at #96 on March 12th, 4 weeks later it's #21.

Black Beatles debuts on October 1st also at #96, 5 weeks later (still before they did the challenge) it's at #22.

Yeah that's a slow burn :lol: :smh:

when you debut on the Billboard chart isn't equivalent to when the song was being pushed. Panda was a slow burn itself, the song started to buzz around NYC around November/December, from there it started to slowly pick up more & more.

Back
Top Bottom