Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

The point is, Black Beatles debuted at the same number and was scaling the charts at damn near the same rate as Panda a #1 record, yet you're saying it wasn't heading anywhere near a #1 at the rate it was moving?

They hit the button on Black Beatles around early-mid Sept, by Oct 1 it was on the charts

Last edited:
Also, if you flip a radio on at any arbitrary time during the day during that period, you would hear Black Beatles multiple times, even before it charted high. There's not an ounce of Timmy Turner on the radio, so we know how fraudulent those numbers are

You seem to think my standpoint is good music is investing loads of resources and time and energy etc to him.

They aren't. And I don't think so. They didn't need to after Panda. They just needed to do what a major label does.....and we got Timmy Turner (a mike dean record). When I say Timmy Turner was "placed" or "forced"....all in saying is the numbers and cerotifications do not match how big the record was. 90% of social media was asking HOW Timmy Turner went platinum when DJ Akadmks posted it in on his page (not that THAT is an indicator....but that's the general feelejng). I'm not saying the song wasn't known...or shouldn't have charted. But it wasn't as big as the cerotificatins and charts suggest.

Panda....is like gambling a lil bt of money and winning a lot. Timmy Turner was playing with house money. All that's gone.....now it's up to the artist to do his thing.

No idea what or who you're talking about in your last sentence. But knowing you.....it's probably young thug for some weird reason :lol:.

So basically your shaming him for Capitalizing off of his momentum?? Because if you just stated that Panda was so big that Timmy Turner received the residual success from it, How do the numbers not match how big the song was. he had literally the second biggest song of the year in ANY GENRE. That being his first song it intrigued people to listen to the second single and hence the song went platinum despite not reaching the success off the first.

Why is it that we have to analyze what got him the numbers & certifications and not anyone else's? Because if we gonna keep it a BUCK about songs being forced Rae Shremmurds joint is the definition of this.

That album/song dropped and outside of a few tweets i saw NOTHING about that song. it wasn't tearing up no clubs, wasn't killing the streets. That Mannequinchallenge drops and transforms the song from a good album cut into the #1 song in the country for weeks.... That song literally got to #1 due to a meme, not because people were anticipating a Rae shremm album, not because they was ****** with them heavy, It popped because of a teen popped it off into a meme (samething happened to them ****** destroying Knuck If you buck into a dancetune).

I've never heard the validity of their "hits" challenged tho. Bad & Boujee another success of Meme's & social media, Another song that Migos dropped, was simmering around & then one week on social media "Rain drop, drop top" meme's come and then donald glover... then look how Migos changed the culture.

None of this is a knock on the songs themselves, but if we are gonna disect What led to Desiigners hits, why we aint examining nobody else. Unless you gonna tell me that those songs were "Hits" that somehow were just sitting there mor a few eeks not being talked about.

Those songs was actually killing in public. :lol:

Also, if you flip a radio on at any arbitrary time during the day during that period, you would hear Black Beatles multiple times, even before it charted high. There's not an ounce of Timmy Turner on the radio, so we know how fraudulent those numbers are

so if i'm gonna go by the thought of Billboard is wrong and the numbers are rigged, i then have to ask if it was that easy to "make" a platinum single why did Def Jam choose Desiigner ??

On a roster that has Kanye, 2 chainz, Pusha, YG, Dave East, Vince Staples etc etc....... the one guy they decided to cook the books for is a unknown 18yr old from BKLYN who sounds exactly like one of the hottest artist right now??

they looked at they roster of young talented acts with followings already and said **** them Desiigner is the one we wanna push to the forefront??

I just need to make sense of where these numbers came from since nobody listened to the song, is it fake news? if it is fake news why billboard choose to boost the future clone instead of the real future..... "que Dragonball Z music"

You answered your own question when tou said he sounds like the hottest artist in the game

Are we positive he's a millionaire? I know how all these rappers be fronting financially, no disrespect team NY.

We know damn well son ain't a millionaire though. :lol:

We know too much about the industry.

Actually you're wrong, try multi-million. Have personal connections to him & family. Industry may be shady but that Number 1 was monster.

NT always makes assumptions.

You know his bank account?

It's artist that's been stars for years with big records that ain't millionaires. I ain't buying that.

Last edited:
Yep. Song not only sold millions but he was getting pretty good appearance money. Getting 40-60k a night in hand adds up quickly. Song dominated a spring/summer.

That don't mean he's a millionaire. :lol: He wasn't seeing all that money.
That don't mean he's a millionaire. :lol: He wasn't seeing all that money.

Aside from his brother who manages his money/agents cut, appearance money is all his. This isn't a tour we're talking about.

Not to mention a pretty penny from Adidas. But hey, you got it since you know he wasn't seeing that money for a fact apparently.

60k a night? Not for a 5 minutes set :lol:

Dude don't even have enough material for 60-90 minutes show.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's a millionaire honestly. That record was on fire. His show money had to have been pouring in.

When your record is that big, you're not just doing clubs in Macon GA. You're doing 2 shows in Vegas, one pool party during the day, club at night, flight to another city for the next day etc. 4 days a week. Maybe more.

That all adds up.

And if the timeline really went down as it appears, then I would say this....

When your record is on fire in the streets, you dictate the terms of your deal. Not the other way around. The labels all want YOU.

So there could have very well been a bidding war for him. Once your **** is popping on major stations, the heavy lifting is done so they just want to jump in on the project and run with it.

He probably got a nice check out the gate and not a sucker deal.

I remember there was a rumor that Republic paid 2 Mil for "Selfie" when the Chainsmokers popped. It was originally released independently but was already blowing up on the radio. Didn't do anything with the followups, let them walk, and they they blew up again years later in the Sony system.

Majors will pay out for a hot record.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom