Official Cowboys VS. Rams Post....(The Season Ain't Over.....

the only reason Romo wants to play now, is to save face from the Favre article on ESPN.
the article was talking about how Favre was trying to make Romo feel better, but of course ESPN put a spin on it by talking about how Favre always playedthrough injuries. Now Romo has to play because of all the Favre comparisons, and because he has to save face now as a QB.
tired.gif

Romo should def. take this week off. Worst case scenario, dress, back up Brad, and come in to the game as a backup if Brad is really struggling. Its not that Ilike Brad, but he isnt a terrible number two QB. If Ferrotte can get the job done, I dont see why Brad cant either...

Then again, it is Brad Johnson
laugh.gif

Seriously though, Romo should take this week off, and get ready for the Bucs and Giants.

Micahel Irvin said Romo is suited up and practicing with the first team right now. Wade said he wouldn't play if he didn't practice but now he'spracticing.

Watch this fool end up getting hurt for the whole season

Lets go way the man up ROMO! we need these two games to get the receivers some game time together with Romo before we play NY. Thank you Bret for telling his+#$ to suck it up!!!!

Once more, I don't know how 2 feel about this. If he feels confident he can go, and feels that he can play effectively enough 2 put his team in a position2 win, who's 2 tell him he cant? On the otha hand, there is the possibility already mentioned of him hurtin his fool !$+ even more...so maybe sumbodyshould tell him he can't.

What yall think, Blue Star Brigade?

IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo, who wants to play despite a broken pinkie on his throwing hand, practiced and threw passes to receivers Thursday.

Romo threw lightly to all receivers during the early portion of practice that was open to reporters, though 40-year-old backup Brad Johnson was working with the starters during drills. Neither quarterback took direct snaps from centers during that time.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and coach Wade Phillips talked to each other while Romo threw on the opposite side of the field.

Jones didn't talk to reporters at practice, but earlier Thursday at a news conference at the team's new stadium, was asked if Romo would play and responded, "It looks promising."

Romo informed Dallas' coaches on Wednesday that he is ready to play Sunday against the St. Louis Rams, despite breaking the pinkie on his throwing hand last weekend, a high-ranking Cowboys source told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley.

Jones would love to see it happen.

Making an appearance on 1310 The Ticket's Dunham and Miller show, Jones confirmed there is a strong possibility Romo could play Sunday despite a broken pinkie.

"He very well could play," Jones said on 1310 The Ticket, adding the decision would probably be left up to Phillips and Romo.

Romo was hurt on the first play of overtime in Sunday's 30-24 loss at Arizona. After the broken finger was diagnosed, Phillips said Romo was out and that Johnson, whose last start was in 2006 for Minnesota, would take over Sunday at St. Louis. It was thought then that Romo could be out up to a month.

But Romo, after getting a phone call from New York Jets quarterback Brett Favre, told coaches Wednesday he would like to play. Romo didn't practice then, but threw on the side, including some passes to Jones and tight end Jason Witten.

"Yeah, he threw me several balls, knocking them in there very good," Jones said.

Romo hasn't spoken in the locker room this week, and escaped quickly without answering questions the one time he was seen while reporters were present.

"He's been upbeat, he's been in meetings talking just like he was playing," Witten said before practice Thursday. "That's very encouraging because I'm sure he was devastated because he's never been hurt before. To see him out there throwing and trying to talk Wade into letting him play, that's encouraging for all of us."

The injury occurred when Romo was sacked and fumbled to start overtime against the Cardinals. But Romo stayed in the game and badly missed on his next two pass attempts before the punt was blocked and recovered for the winning touchdown.

Romo grew up in Wisconsin, where Favre starred for the Green Bay Packers. Favre has started 258 consecutive games. Romo, already a two-time Pro Bowler, has been the Dallas starter 32 consecutive games since replacing ineffective Drew Bledsoe seven games into the 2006 season.

Witten, one of Romo's best friends, scoffed at the idea the quarterback is trying to come back to play as a way to emulate Favre.

"He's been through it a little bit now. ... I don't think he looks at it that way," Witten said. "He's mature enough and understands the challenges. He'll try to go if he can. If he can't, I think he's prepared to come back as quick as possible."

I really wish Romo would have just sat out this week. With all the criticism this team takes, he's only encouraging more. It's the Rams, yes, theyjust beat the Skins, but compared to the other games he's scheduled to miss, this is the one he should actually miss. God forbid he plays, and getsinjured for the rest of the year, we're done. Risking the season is NOT worth playing against the Rams. The Bucs? Maybe. The Giants? Possibly. WeCANNOT go the rest of the season without Romo, plain and simple. I understand he wants to play, and Favre didn't help. But this week, it's not worthit. I hope Wade n Jerry have the balls to tell him that. Definitely suit up, and be the backup. If things get outta hand, then sure, put him in. But therisk is not NOT worth the reward if you ask me.

Can't wait to see Choice can do in a game, very excited for that. I'm interested to see how Roy plays this weekend. I, like others, think it willtake a couple weeks for him to learn, and he should be ready to go for real come the Giants game.

Cowboys by 10. I think this team finally steps up, and realizes that everyone needs to bust their %$@ all game long from here on out. If they can go out andwin, convincingly, with all the injuries, I think this team will finally realize what they're capable of.

Still feel like Tony is gonna sit out Sunday... We'll see though...

I kinda feel like he's letting Favre and all the "This team doesn't have a real leader!" crap get in his head...

I definitely think he's letting what Favre said get to him. I just hope the team and coaches make the right decision and start Brad. I think he'smore than able to lead this team to victory this week.

Favre is so tough. It's easy to play with a broken thumb when you're hopped up on pain pills.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Romo just needs to sit out this week. its the rams. win or lose its not worth him getting hurt 2x more than he already is.

and if he does play i have a feeling hes gonna play like hes been playing forgetting that he has a pinky injury and still hold the ball with one hand.

CP, how dare you talk about solo quatro like that ... ill let you slide off the strength of your avy, but beware of the football gods and John Madden

Can Ty Law still play at all?
nerd.gif
Five-time Pro Bowler Ty Law, 34, would love to play for a Super Bowl contender that needs some veteran help at cornerback. The Cowboys happen to have only one healthy, non-suspended cornerback with any starting experience.

Law, who started every game for Kansas City last season, mentioned Dallas and Green Bay as potential good fits for him to NFL Network's Adam Schefter. He said he isn't looking for a lot of money, but just wants to "feel respected."

Asked about the idea of playing in Dallas, Law said: "That would be a great opportunity, to play for a contender. I just don't want to play for anybody. I want to play for a contender, where I have the chance to go to the Super Bowl. I can help Dallas. I have the experience, I have been there before and I can help get a team over the edge. I'm not going to be a weak link for anybody and I'd love to try to provide some leadership for Dallas."

Law has been working out in Florida and is reportedly in discussions with the Dolphins. He said he would be ready to play right away.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

nerd.gif
Five-time Pro Bowler Ty Law, 34, would love to play for a Super Bowl contender that needs some veteran help at cornerback. The Cowboys happen to have only one healthy, non-suspended cornerback with any starting experience.

Law, who started every game for Kansas City last season, mentioned Dallas and Green Bay as potential good fits for him to NFL Network's Adam Schefter. He said he isn't looking for a lot of money, but just wants to "feel respected."

Asked about the idea of playing in Dallas, Law said: "That would be a great opportunity, to play for a contender. I just don't want to play for anybody. I want to play for a contender, where I have the chance to go to the Super Bowl. I can help Dallas. I have the experience, I have been there before and I can help get a team over the edge. I'm not going to be a weak link for anybody and I'd love to try to provide some leadership for Dallas."

Law has been working out in Florida and is reportedly in discussions with the Dolphins. He said he would be ready to play right away.

We should just deal what we got and make the best of it. In 4 weeks we will have our defense back to the way it was. still lag it on the pass butstill have our starters.

ill take law in a heartbeat ... i bet if he hasnt signed after this sunday and scandrick or jenkins gets torched, jerry will make a move ...

nerd.gif

roll.gif

If you get cut by the Chiefs, who have one of the WORST pass defenses in the L.....

roll.gif

I wouldn't put it past Jerry and his spending frenzy.
laugh.gif

not only was he playing for the chiefs, but he wanted more money ... i think ty law still has something left no matter where he goes

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

nerd.gif

roll.gif

If you get cut by the Chiefs, who have one of the WORST pass defenses in the L.....

roll.gif

I wouldn't put it past Jerry and his spending frenzy.
laugh.gif

Law wanted more money
nerd.gif

HES BETTER THAN ANYONE THE BROWNS GOT ... Law > Mcdonald, Wright

''I just don't want to play for anybody,'' Law said. ``I want to play for a contender, where I have the chance to go to the Super Bowl. I can help Dallas. I have the experience, I have been there before and I can help get a team over the edge.

``I'm not going to be a weak link for anybody and I'd love to try to provide some leadership for Dallas.''

Originally Posted by HighRep87

roll.gif
Law wanted more money
nerd.gif

HES BETTER THAN ANYONE THE BROWNS GOT ... Law > Mcdonald, Wright

''I just don't want to play for anybody,'' Law said. ``I want to play for a contender, where I have the chance to go to the Super Bowl. I can help Dallas. I have the experience, I have been there before and I can help get a team over the edge.

``I'm not going to be a weak link for anybody and I'd love to try to provide some leadership for Dallas.''

roll.gif

While Eric Wright was highstepping to the endzone vs. the defending champions...Ty Law was at home watching on his couch...

Gahdamn, Jerry must be a financial genius what with all this money under the cap...he should work on the American economy or sumthin...

While Eric Wright was highstepping to the endzone vs. the defending champions...Ty Law was at home watching on his couch...

Yeah...Ty Law hasn't had any big plays in his career
laugh.gif

Ty Law could bring Dallas that solid corner opposite Henry with experience even though I like Mike Jenkins.

Ty Law's postseason magic > Cleveland Browns

Back
Top Bottom