**OFFICIAL CONCACAF PRE-WORLD CUP THREAD USA, MEXICO, HONDURAS ARE IN. DISCUSS FRIENDLIES, NEWS ECT

Heads up, anyone looking to apply for tst tickets for USA or El Tri they are available right now at fifa's website. I just got awarded tst tickets for theUS.

GOALKEEPERS (2): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa: 5/3 SO), Tim Howard (Everton FC: 12/7 SO)

DEFENDERS (
glasses.gif
: Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes: 22/3), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA, 2/0), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover: 19/0), Jay DeMerit (Watford: 3/0), ClarenceGoodson (IK Start: 1/0), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew: 2/0), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan: 17/1), Jonathan Spector (West Ham: 2/0)

MIDFIELDERS (
glasses.gif
: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake: 0/0), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach: 11/4), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo: 6/0), Clint Dempsey(Fulham: 18/4), Benny Feilhaber (AGF Aarhus: 2/0), Stuart Holden (Houston Dynamo: 1/0), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew: 0/0), José Francisco Torres (Pachuca:5/0)

FORWARDS (6): Jozy Altidore (Hull City: 9/5), Conor Casey (Colorado Rapids: 5/0), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo: 16/6), Charlie Davies (FC Sochaux: 3/2), LandonDonovan (Los Angeles Galaxy: 31/11), Robbie Findley (Real Salt Lake: 0/0)

Originally Posted by amarusgear

Heads up, anyone looking to apply for tst tickets for USA or El Tri they are available right now at fifa's website. I just got awarded tst tickets for the US.

For the WC? How much a ticket?

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

GOALKEEPERS (2): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa: 5/3 SO), Tim Howard (Everton FC: 12/7 SO)

DEFENDERS (
glasses.gif
Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes: 22/3), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA, 2/0), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover: 19/0), Jay DeMerit (Watford: 3/0), Clarence Goodson (IK Start: 1/0), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew: 2/0), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan: 17/1), Jonathan Spector (West Ham: 2/0)

MIDFIELDERS (
glasses.gif
Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake: 0/0), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach: 11/4), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo: 6/0), Clint Dempsey (Fulham: 18/4), Benny Feilhaber (AGF Aarhus: 2/0), Stuart Holden (Houston Dynamo: 1/0), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew: 0/0), José Francisco Torres (Pachuca: 5/0)

FORWARDS (6): Jozy Altidore (Hull City: 9/5), Conor Casey (Colorado Rapids: 5/0), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo: 16/6), Charlie Davies (FC Sochaux: 3/2), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy: 31/11), Robbie Findley (Real Salt Lake: 0/0)

Damn Conor Casey? Goodson? Nice to see findley get a callup, he's pretty damn fast. IDK bout beckerman either. Hope Torres gets PT now.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Heads up, anyone looking to apply for tst tickets for USA or El Tri they are available right now at fifa's website. I just got awarded tst tickets for the
US.

for cat. 3 tickets (behind the goal) its a little under 1,300 for all the games.

Heads up, anyone looking to apply for tst tickets for USA or El Tri they are available right now at fifa's website. I just got awarded tst tickets for the
US.

for cat. 3 tickets (behind the goal) its a little under 1,300 for all the games.
count me out
roll.gif

hopefully once i grad college this will be chump change to me.

also off topic but anyone interested in going to the galaxy-chivas tomorrow? i can get some tickets for 20 bucks flat if you're interested.

Heads up, anyone looking to apply for tst tickets for USA or El Tri they are available right now at fifa's website. I just got awarded tst tickets for the US.
How many times did you apply? I've heard stories of people applying multiple times and still notgetting the tickets.

I have been planning on going since 2006 since its right after my college graduation and was going to apply for tix back in February. My friend backed out andI couldn't make a decision on whether or not to go alone. Then in June (after watching some Confed. Cup games), my friend decided we had to go no matterwhat. I had to wait for him to get his act together financially and by the time he did, there were no tix available for TST USA. (We had planned on doingTST-4).

I've been checking the FIFA site everyday since, deciding now that I will take whatever I can get. TST-3 for USA finally shows up and I go to apply, I haveto call him to get his passport number for the application. Turns out his passport is at home (Connecticut) and his whole family came out here (LA) to helphim move in. So now we can't apply until next Wednesday, when they go home and can get him the number. I'm 90% I'm going to miss out again.

seriously though how much are you guys looking to spend total with flights, hotels, tickets, etc. if you wana pm me the info it's cool too. i really wantto go but have no idea how much $ i might need.

Personally, I'm trying to spend around 500-600 on tix depending on what I can get (I'd prefer bad worse seats to 4 games over better seats to only 3games). The flight is going to be around $2000. As far as hotel, personally, I have a friend down there whom I plan on staying with most of the time. ObviouslyI will have to stay a few nights out of town on gamedays, so I'm expecting a couple hundred there. You could probably do it pretty cheap in terms of whereto stay if you stay in hostels.

How many times did you apply?
First try. I been checking everyday also, checked last night at midnight i couldn't believe my eyes. This morning I woke up and saw the greencheck mark.
They only have TST 3 and TST 7. TST-7 comes out to only 14XX for category 3 for 2 tickets.

Regarding your friend I would try to see where else he has entered his passport like expedia that leaves information on your account.

also i would like to see K.Cooper and Castillo being called up instead on coner and bornstein.

Exactly. Maybe cooper didn't get the callup because he is settling down with his new club? Castillo is not playing that great either though. The two Tigresmatches I've seen this season he's been getting burnt. Can't wait for Jermain Jones to get healthy.

I can't stress how big the CR-Mex match is. Both teams desperately need to win. US needs CR to win to keep Mexico below us and to help CR advance earlyresulting in a less motivated squad in DC.

I can't wait for next Saturday!

also i would like to see K.Cooper and Castillo being called up instead on coner and bornstein.

Exactly. Maybe cooper didn't get the callup because he is settling down with his new club? Castillo is not playing that great either though. The two Tigres matches I've seen this season he's been getting burnt. Can't wait for Jermain Jones to get healthy.

I can't stress how big the CR-Mex match is. Both teams desperately need to win. US needs CR to win to keep Mexico below us and to help CR advance early resulting in a less motivated squad in DC.

I can't wait for next Saturday!

K.Copper has 2 goals in 3 games, and the last time i saw Castillo play was in the super liga final when he was clowning on chicago. also when is Orosco goingto get called up?. Cant wait for the u-20 world cup to start.. we fixing to do work in it.

K.Copper has 2 goals in 3 games.
pimp.gif

I rather have him settle down with his team.
Davies also two goals already.
pimp.gif

Man I'm concerned for Adu, he needs to find a squad or just come back to the mls and get some playing time.

K.Copper has 2 goals in 3 games.
Man I'm concerned for Adu, he needs to find a squad or just come back to the mls and get some playing time.

For real. I wonder what MLS team is next on the allocation list? I know they have some weird rules on national team players coming back to theleague.

DEFENDERS (
glasses.gif
mad.gif
Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes: 22/3), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA, 2/0), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover: 19/0), Jay DeMerit (Watford: 3/0), Clarence Goodson (IK Start: 1/0), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew: 2/0), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan: 17/1), Jonathan Spector (West Ham: 2/0)

MIDFIELDERS (
glasses.gif
mad.gif
Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake: 0/0), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach: 11/4), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo: 6/0), Clint Dempsey (Fulham: 18/4), Benny Feilhaber (AGF Aarhus: 2/0), Stuart Holden (Houston Dynamo: 1/0), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew: 0/0), José Francisco Torres (Pachuca: 5/0)

FORWARDS (6): Jozy Altidore (Hull City: 9/5), Conor Casey (Colorado Rapids: 5/0), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo: 16/6), Charlie Davies (FC Sochaux: 3/2), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy: 31/11), Robbie Findley (Real Salt Lake: 0/0)

Damn Conor Casey? Goodson? Nice to see findley get a callup, he's pretty damn fast. IDK bout beckerman either. Hope Torres gets PT now.
ROBOBOB what are you doing??? Conor Casey??? This guy really slups you big time huh??? How can you continued to put him on the squad??? I like theFindley call up. Beckerman actually impress me in the Gold Cup so I like that call up also. Either way we got this game on lock.

VAMOS USAAAAAA!

I'm considering getting a 2nd job and using all that money for a trip to South Africa. I only have 2 classes left before I transfer to a 4 year so I'mgonna have a lot of time to myself. I'm looking on craiglsist but erything seems too fishy. Any tips/advice on websites to find employment in socal?

Dirty **$ Mexican team, read this !!!% SMFH

Se Vendieron!

23095_vendidos.jpg

Del cielo a la tierra, todo se sabe con el paso del tiempo. Y es que la mentira luce, mientras la verdad no llega… y la verdad, años después de la malrecordada eliminatoria rumbo al mundial de Alemania 2006, llegó a los oídos guatemaltecos.

México, si, el país autonombrado gigante del área, vendió su derrota 2-1 ante Trinidad y Tobago el pasado 12 de octubre del año 2005, caída con la cual laselección guatemalteca de fútbol, en ese entonces dirigida por Ramón Enríquez Maradiaga, perdió la oportunidad de clasificar a la cita mundialista europea.

Tres años después, el entonces director técnico de la Selección mexicana de fútbol, el argentino Ricardo Lavolpe, reconoció que México, le brindo "unamanita" al país caribeño, a cambio de diferentes favores en el futuro.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't read Spanish basically Mexico gave away the game against Trinidad in 05 to help them qualify and eliminate Guatemala. Without a win Guatemalawould have advanced to the repechaje. I get pissed reading this because my family is Guatemalan and my dad was pissed/heartbroken that night like no other.

^

aint nothing new. Just like I believe that there is NO WAY IN HELL Mex will ever not make it to the WC. There is just too much $$$ to be left on the table ifMEX does not qualify, and behind the scenes, anything goes. I still believe HON sold themselves during the last WC cycle (I believe). HON was balling, and theylaid the biggest goose egg against a sub par MEX, effectively eliminating themselves and ensuring MEX's WC bid.

Originally Posted by EZLN1

^

aint nothing new. Just like I believe that there is NO WAY IN HELL Mex will ever not make it to the WC. There is just too much $$$ to be left on the table if MEX does not qualify, and behind the scenes, anything goes. I still believe HON sold themselves during the last WC cycle (I believe). HON was balling, and they laid the biggest goose egg against a sub par MEX, effectively eliminating themselves and ensuring MEX's WC bid.
Still remember that. Honduras was so00oo0o0o0 unlucky in a game vs Trinidad in which they literally hit the post AT LEAST 6 times. Trinidad thengets one chance all game, scores and wins. Honduras then had to go to Mexico to play their chances and lost that famous game where Aguirre goes crazy. I stillremember how uncharacteristically bad Honduras played that game vs Mexico
smh.gif

http://lared.com.gt/detalle_noticia.php?id=23095

and here is audio from espndeportes talking to Maradiaga (guat coach at the time)
http://query-origin.andohs.net/8000...espndeportes/entrevistas/090827_Maradiaga.mp3

Gametimes for Saturday...

ES @ USA : 8:00 PM ET - Galavision/ESPN Classic
TnT @ HON : 9:30 PM ET - Circuito Cerrado (NOT the PPV one)/Internet
MEX @ CRC : 10:00 PM ET - Telemundo

Predictions :

CRC 2 MEX 1
HON 4 TnT 0
USA 3 ES 1
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom