Official Coachella 2013 Thread: 4/12-4/14, 4/19-4/21 RHCP, Phoenix, Postal Service, Blur, Stone Rose

I would love to go to Coachella but living in Michigan it's just not plausible.

Hopefully Bonnaroo has a good line up this year.

75% of the line-up rumors you hear will not be true. I need to go to Coachella at least once damn I'm pretty bummed I can't do it this year.

i just noticed this was all rumors...cmon mayne..dont call it official 
laugh.gif

but yeah these rumors are never anywhere close to the real line-up...

every year theres the daft punk rumor..

Last edited:
I would love to go to Coachella but living in Michigan it's just not plausible.

Hopefully Bonnaroo has a good line up this year.

i met people from around the world at coachella. michigan should be cake.

75% of the line-up rumors you hear will not be true. I need to go to Coachella at least once damn I'm pretty bummed I can't do it this year.

went for the first time last year. it was seriously the best experience of my life.

The reason they don't post lineups is because they know people will go regardless, plus they haven't locked in all the artists this early. Even when they do announce the lineup, there's a reason they put "lineup is subject to change" on the tickets. It's because not everything is set.

Went last year for the first time as well. Only knew of a couple artist but I still had the time of my life! The electro sets were :pimp: only thing I didn't like was it was so damn hot!

i just noticed this was all rumors...cmon mayne..dont call it official :lol:

but yeah these rumors are never anywhere close to the real line-up...

every year theres the daft punk rumor..

It's the official thread. Never said lineup. And the rumors on the front page all have valid sources and I guarentee 70% of those acts will be there. Notice I don't have Daft Punk or Outkast there cause that's just silly.

Jay-Z 3 years ago on friday night, Kanye 2 years ago on Sunday night, and Dr Dre Snoop Sunday night last year. I find it hard to believe that not one hip-hop/R&B act would not be a headliner on of the 3 nights. Those mock-ups make it seem like HipHop didnt even exist last year.

Just cause there has been a hip hop headliner 3 years in a row doesn't mean they have to have one. Only capable headliners left in Hip Hop are Outkast, Eminem and Lil Wayne/Drake. But Wayne & Drake don't fit the Coachella mold.

Prior to Jay-Z Coachella had Roger Waters in 08 and Paul McCartney in 09 and people thought it meant always having one old rock star. Which hasn't happened since 09 (Might happen this year with the stones)

Just cause there has been a hip hop headliner 3 years in a row doesn't mean they have to have one. Only capable headliners left in Hip Hop are Outkast, Eminem and Lil Wayne/Drake. But Wayne & Drake don't fit the Coachella mold.
Prior to Jay-Z Coachella had Roger Waters in 08 and Paul McCartney in 09 and people thought it meant always having one old rock star. Which hasn't happened since 09 (Might happen this year with the stones)
I hear you on that, but I did the / R&B. What about Rihanna? Shes had a million singles and number 1 albums. Shes probably due. Im not saying that HipHop/R&B needs to headline Sunday night, I would just be surprised for there to not be one on any of the nights is all.

I wonder how much the fanbase has changed in the past 3 years and if the promoters liked that shift or will shift it back.

RIhanna (See: Lil Wayne) Too much pop w/ not enough artistry. Lady Gaga or Beyonce could do it because even tho they have all that mainstream appeal they still have some respect from critics for not only their work but live performance. So as far as R&B Beyonce would be the only name I can think of.

And the fanbase has got increasingly younger in the last 3 years. And I'm assuming they like it cause they've been making the lineup please that age group with the amount (and quality) of EDM they bring in plus all the pitchfork approved new bands. As a black person who was there in 09 it is a breath of fresh air to see more black people at coachella but it's still far and few but that will increase each year.

I'm ready for this damn lineup to come out!

To chime in with regards to the headliners, I don't really see a hip hop or R&B artist headlining this year. The only act worthy of that spot imo would be Outkast, and it doesn't sound like that's happening anytime soon. I'm expecting a strong undercard though.

This year we are going to be COMFORTABLE at Coachella! Last year was a little miserable having to crawl in and out of our pup tent never being able to stand and stretch out. This year we have scored a Standing Room Tent I found on Amazon! Not only do you not have to crawl in and out but its got a 8 foot ceiling! We can put a queen size air mattress two chairs and a table and still have room to move around. The best part is it only takes about 5 min. to put up! We got ours on Amazon they are called Standing Room 100 tents.

Amazon product ASIN B006FMAO08

Last edited:
I went last year with Doosta45 and it was a blast.

Already paid for this years without even knowing the line up.

The experience of coachella alone is worth the cash.

So ******g hot, though.

This year we are going to be COMFORTABLE at Coachella! Last year was a little miserable having to crawl in and out of our pup tent never being able to stand and stretch out. This year we have scored a Standing Room Tent I found on Amazon! Not only do you not have to crawl in and out but its got a 8 foot ceiling! We can put a queen size air mattress two chairs and a table and still have room to move around. The best part is it only takes about 5 min. to put up!
That sounds nice! Mind sharing a link? I'm in the process of researching for new camping supplies for this April.
I went last year with Doosta45 and it was a blast.
Already paid for this years without even knowing the line up.
The experience of coachella alone is worth the cash.
So ******g hot, though.
Must've went weekend two, huh? Weekend one was windy as ***t, but I kind of liked it compared to the heat of year's past.

Coachella is great but you should be prepared especially if you are camping. Last year we had a 4 man dome tent and it was a little miserable having to constantly crawl in and out of the tent and unable to stand up in and stretch out. Our neighbors had a sweet set up however. They had a tent that connected to a 10x10 pop up canopy. We thought that it was so cool that this year we got one. This year we are going to be comfortable! This tent has room enough for a queen size air mattress two chairs a table and still room enough to walk around with a ceiling height of 81/2 feet! AND it only takes 5 min. to set up! I think they are still on sale. We got ours on Amazon they are called Standing Room 100 tents.

Amazon product ASIN B006FMAO08
See you at Coachella!

i bought tickets to weekend 2 during presale. still not sure if i want to go, though that rumored lineup looks good, even without daft punk.

Coachella is great but you should be prepared especially if you are camping. Last year we had a 4 man dome tent and it was a little miserable having to constantly crawl in and out of the tent and unable to stand up in and stretch out. Our neighbors had a sweet set up however. They had a tent that connected to a 10x10 pop up canopy. We thought that it was so cool that this year we got one. This year we are going to be comfortable! This tent has room enough for a queen size air mattress two chairs a table and still room enough to walk around with a ceiling height of 81/2 feet! AND it only takes 5 min. to set up! I think they are still on sale. We got ours on Amazon they are called Standing Room 100 tents.
Amazon product ASIN B006FMAO08See you at Coachella!
Thanks a ton! You didn't happen to post this in the Coachella forum as well did you? I was browsing through there earlier and saw the same link, haha.

living out here in the desert kind of makes you not want to go since its soooo damn hot..it seems like it only gets hotter every year..

the lineup should be up by the middle of the month..

Back
Top Bottom