Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Technically they still have a player option for the 2012-2013 season, so they could take it and not be a free agent until the following year.

Melo could technically take his player option as well.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

interesting UFA's.... Jamal Crawford, Glen Davis, Kendrick Perkins, Caron Butler, Tyson Chandler, Kenyon Martin, Tayshaun, Battier, Yao, Zachery Boseph, Michael Redd, Kris Humphries, Troy Murphy, Jason Richardson, Grant Hill, Dalembert, Kirilenko, Ronnie Price, Josh Howard,
Yeah, I see Crawford and Tayshaun wanting to get paid and be on a winning team. Redd and Yao are non factors to me, they might as well retire. I think Richardson is staying in Orl. Grant Hill might leave if the Suns get blown up like I think they will. Dalembert auditioning for any team he plays against
laugh.gif
Glen and Perk aint going nowhere.

I can only hope your Mavs go out in the 1st round and Tyson comes to the Knicks
pimp.gif
Meh to the rest.
free agency class is weak... i dont see anybody getting paid max money... and i dont see the mavs paying tyson because they already paid haywood that money... hopefully knicks can get him for cheap like 40 mil for 5  years
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

interesting UFA's.... Jamal Crawford, Glen Davis, Kendrick Perkins, Caron Butler, Tyson Chandler, Kenyon Martin, Tayshaun, Battier, Yao, Zachery Boseph, Michael Redd, Kris Humphries, Troy Murphy, Jason Richardson, Grant Hill, Dalembert, Kirilenko, Ronnie Price, Josh Howard,
Yeah, I see Crawford and Tayshaun wanting to get paid and be on a winning team. Redd and Yao are non factors to me, they might as well retire. I think Richardson is staying in Orl. Grant Hill might leave if the Suns get blown up like I think they will. Dalembert auditioning for any team he plays against
laugh.gif
Glen and Perk aint going nowhere.

I can only hope your Mavs go out in the 1st round and Tyson comes to the Knicks
pimp.gif
Meh to the rest.
free agency class is weak... i dont see anybody getting paid max money... and i dont see the mavs paying tyson because they already paid haywood that money... hopefully knicks can get him for cheap like 40 mil for 5  years
pimp.gif

Except the difference is by Melo taking his player option he would miss the opportunity to get his extension under the new CBA, he would get one year rather than 3 additional years under the current agreement. Whereas these players will already be in the new CBA so it will benefit them financially to take their last year of their deal, which will most likely be significantly higher than the first year of their new deal. Of course, they could be fed up on their current teams and want out, but they still have another year potentially.

This is all assuming there isn't anything in the new CBA about scaling back current max deals or anything of that sort, which would change the discussion.

Except the difference is by Melo taking his player option he would miss the opportunity to get his extension under the new CBA, he would get one year rather than 3 additional years under the current agreement. Whereas these players will already be in the new CBA so it will benefit them financially to take their last year of their deal, which will most likely be significantly higher than the first year of their new deal. Of course, they could be fed up on their current teams and want out, but they still have another year potentially.

This is all assuming there isn't anything in the new CBA about scaling back current max deals or anything of that sort, which would change the discussion.

New Jersey Nets
#2 Jordan Farmar  #7 Troy Murphy #10 Damion James #11 Brook Lopez - C
#13 Quinton Ross
#14 Derrick Favors #18 Ben Uzoh #20 Sasha Vujacic #21 Travis Outlaw
#22 Anthony Morrow #26 Stephen Graham #27 Johan Petro #34 Devin Harris - C #43 Kris Humphries
This is really the Nets roster though.

roll.gif

New Jersey Nets
#13 Quinton Ross
#22 Anthony Morrow #26 Stephen Graham #27 Johan Petro #34 Devin Harris - C #43 Kris Humphries

roll.gif

Hopefully once they have the meeting Melo doesn't agree to sign the extension that would force Denver to move on from the Nets to other possible suitors 
happy.gif

Hopefully once they have the meeting Melo doesn't agree to sign the extension that would force Denver to move on from the Nets to other possible suitors 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

Hopefully this meeting goes good 
pimp.gif

Don't jump the gun yet.

[h1]Carmelo Expresses No Interest In Meeting With Nets[/h1]

Jan 17, 2011 12:37 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
In a post-game interview on Sunday night, Carmelo Anthony expressed no interest in meeting with New Jersey's top officials, who want a face-to-face discussion with Anthony to convince him to sign a contract extension with the Nets.

Anthony said contact with the Nets should be made by Denver's front office.

"I don’t want to talk to nobody. I let the front office handle that type of stuff."

Reports are swirling that the Nuggets have granted the Nets permission to speak with Anthony as the final details of a three-team trade are apparently being hammered out.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...terest_in_meeting_with_nets/el/#ixzz1BGqGVtN8

roll.gif
Here's to things working in our favor
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

Hopefully this meeting goes good 
pimp.gif

Don't jump the gun yet.

[h1]Carmelo Expresses No Interest In Meeting With Nets[/h1]

Jan 17, 2011 12:37 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
In a post-game interview on Sunday night, Carmelo Anthony expressed no interest in meeting with New Jersey's top officials, who want a face-to-face discussion with Anthony to convince him to sign a contract extension with the Nets.

Anthony said contact with the Nets should be made by Denver's front office.

"I don’t want to talk to nobody. I let the front office handle that type of stuff."

Reports are swirling that the Nuggets have granted the Nets permission to speak with Anthony as the final details of a three-team trade are apparently being hammered out.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...terest_in_meeting_with_nets/el/#ixzz1BGqGVtN8

roll.gif
Here's to things working in our favor
pimp.gif

Yea but that doesn't mean much... He doesn't want to deal with meeting other teams, he wants the front office to do that. Maybe its just me being optimistic...

If he meets with other teams now, than I'd say NJ is out of the Melo talk.

New Jersey Nets
#13 Quinton Ross

roll.gif

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Yea but that doesn't mean much... He doesn't want to deal with meeting other teams, he wants the front office to do that. Maybe its just me being optimistic...

If he meets with other teams now, than I'd say NJ is out of the Melo talk.

New Jersey Nets
#13 Quinton Ross

roll.gif

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom