Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

the case Bill made for the clippers sounds grand... that would be a good luck imo...better than all the rest of his options that are in front of him right now

the case Bill made for the clippers sounds grand... that would be a good luck imo...better than all the rest of his options that are in front of him right now

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._randolph_for_pick_deal_in_place_with_wolves/[/h1]
[h1]Knicks Have Randolph For Pick Deal In Place With Wolves[/h1]Jan 13, 2011 10:54 AM EST

The Knicks have a deal in place to trade Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves in exchange for a first round pick, according to sources.

If New York should trade for Caremlo Anthony, they will include the first round pick and two of the three players between Landry Fields, Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler.

Here's a first round pick for a possible Melo deal
How does that make sense for Minnesota?  They are already top heavy at forward?  I don't get it at all....if he can't get minutes w. the Knicks, why would Minnesota give up a lottery pick for a guy who is gonna have to fight to crack the rotation???  No way...

Yeah I don't understand this trade from the Wolves perspective either, unless they plan on making more moves.

Send AR out. I'd have no problem getting rid of Gallo but I actually want us to keep Fields. I understand that if we could trade Gallo Fields and a first rounder for Melo it's a trade you pull but if Knicks could sign him in the offseason then we do that and would have a first rounder waiting.
smile.gif

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._randolph_for_pick_deal_in_place_with_wolves/[/h1]
[h1]Knicks Have Randolph For Pick Deal In Place With Wolves[/h1]Jan 13, 2011 10:54 AM EST

The Knicks have a deal in place to trade Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves in exchange for a first round pick, according to sources.

If New York should trade for Caremlo Anthony, they will include the first round pick and two of the three players between Landry Fields, Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler.

How does that make sense for Minnesota?  They are already top heavy at forward?  I don't get it at all....if he can't get minutes w. the Knicks, why would Minnesota give up a lottery pick for a guy who is gonna have to fight to crack the rotation???  No way...

Yeah I don't understand this trade from the Wolves perspective either, unless they plan on making more moves.

Send AR out. I'd have no problem getting rid of Gallo but I actually want us to keep Fields. I understand that if we could trade Gallo Fields and a first rounder for Melo it's a trade you pull but if Knicks could sign him in the offseason then we do that and would have a first rounder waiting.
smile.gif

I think the first round pick would be for the 2012 draft. No way they trade for this years draft. If that's the case, I would keep that pick
laugh.gif

I think the first round pick would be for the 2012 draft. No way they trade for this years draft. If that's the case, I would keep that pick
laugh.gif

It likely won't be Minnesota's own pick...probably the pick from Utah they got for Al Jefferson.

It likely won't be Minnesota's own pick...probably the pick from Utah they got for Al Jefferson.

Ahh...then that would make sense. I agree w. that move, but I'm not keen on the Knicks giving up 2/3 of their young core. I think it was Big J who said it...but if Melo is serious about winning, he'd do his time in Denver and then go to NY or NJ via free agency. Both teams would take a few steps back via trade and depleating (sp?) their rosters in the process. I mean, #+%$...he's got a player option. He has a lot of control. I understand there is an urgency to get out of Denver...but he needs to be patient.

Ahh...then that would make sense. I agree w. that move, but I'm not keen on the Knicks giving up 2/3 of their young core. I think it was Big J who said it...but if Melo is serious about winning, he'd do his time in Denver and then go to NY or NJ via free agency. Both teams would take a few steps back via trade and depleating (sp?) their rosters in the process. I mean, #+%$...he's got a player option. He has a lot of control. I understand there is an urgency to get out of Denver...but he needs to be patient.

melo will wait it out if he has to. Why not ? the CBA will only cut salaries by 15 - 20 percent or so .... If he's winning more money will come in by being in NY. Imagine the HEAT VS KNICKS 2012 ECF the rivarly will be stupid ******ed

Donnie aint giving up Landry fields and wilson chandler to rush Melo here... Walsh is playin it out .... Melo isnt going to Jersey and thats pretty much known because it makes no sense

KNICKS 2012

melo will wait it out if he has to. Why not ? the CBA will only cut salaries by 15 - 20 percent or so .... If he's winning more money will come in by being in NY. Imagine the HEAT VS KNICKS 2012 ECF the rivarly will be stupid ******ed

Donnie aint giving up Landry fields and wilson chandler to rush Melo here... Walsh is playin it out .... Melo isnt going to Jersey and thats pretty much known because it makes no sense

KNICKS 2012

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by NobleKane

man can you imagine a core of anthony, griffin, and gordon? crazy...
Don't forget a healthy Chris K
pimp.gif

EDIT: This is just a wild dream but if they got CP3  or Deron w/ Gordon, Anthony, Griffin and Chris K?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by NobleKane

man can you imagine a core of anthony, griffin, and gordon? crazy...
Don't forget a healthy Chris K
pimp.gif

EDIT: This is just a wild dream but if they got CP3  or Deron w/ Gordon, Anthony, Griffin and Chris K?
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom