Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Al3xis wrote:
Seymore CAKE wrote:
Originally Posted by Big J 33

At the end he doesn't lose credibility, he says if Melo signs with the Nets, then what's what he was meant to do... meaning then it's clear Melo doesn't care about winning and just wants the guaranteed money in the short term. I dislike Simmons normally, but I don't have a problem with that article.

I bet you don't... if he doesn't sign with the knicks he doesn't care about winning... I've heard it all 
laugh.gif

disregard the Knicks, if he agreed to an extension and went with the Nets, it'd be impossible to say winning is his #1 priority at this point, wouldn't it?

Depends... If they aren't done making moves then who's to say that isn't the best place for him?

If they can do what they plan and go after CP, then him Chris & Brook are a pretty good tandum. Not saying it would be better than the Knicks but just saying.  I find it funny that when we stated this about LeBron last year in terms of him choosing the Bulls or the Knicks a vast majority of you ilk shot that down as a fallacy and said it was B.S. but now that the shoe's on the other foot it makes all the sense in the world no?
laugh.gif

Al3xis wrote:
Seymore CAKE wrote:

At the end he doesn't lose credibility, he says if Melo signs with the Nets, then what's what he was meant to do... meaning then it's clear Melo doesn't care about winning and just wants the guaranteed money in the short term. I dislike Simmons normally, but I don't have a problem with that article.

I bet you don't... if he doesn't sign with the knicks he doesn't care about winning... I've heard it all 
laugh.gif

disregard the Knicks, if he agreed to an extension and went with the Nets, it'd be impossible to say winning is his #1 priority at this point, wouldn't it?

Depends... If they aren't done making moves then who's to say that isn't the best place for him?

If they can do what they plan and go after CP, then him Chris & Brook are a pretty good tandum. Not saying it would be better than the Knicks but just saying.  I find it funny that when we stated this about LeBron last year in terms of him choosing the Bulls or the Knicks a vast majority of you ilk shot that down as a fallacy and said it was B.S. but now that the shoe's on the other foot it makes all the sense in the world no?
laugh.gif

they can't trade for cp they would give up most of their assets for melo. plus a good chance they take back alot of salary. would have to clear cap and wait for anothe star

and brook has regressed.

i stand by what i said about lebron. i said bulls or knicks no matter what he isn't winning it next year. it's a long term decision. so is melo's decision.

they can't trade for cp they would give up most of their assets for melo. plus a good chance they take back alot of salary. would have to clear cap and wait for anothe star

and brook has regressed.

i stand by what i said about lebron. i said bulls or knicks no matter what he isn't winning it next year. it's a long term decision. so is melo's decision.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by throwback1718

in my opinion there HAS to be something going on that we dont know about. Why would the Nuggs really continue talking to teams not named the Knicks about creating some sorta trade and continue to be shut down? Why even make the attempt? I think there is some possibility that he told DEN front office that he possibly could think about signing.

Something is just not adding up here atleast in my opinion.

Melo not signing the extension. He would of been in NJ since September
right, but why would they keep this up if its so evident to management that he doesn't wanna sign with them?
its like tryna bag a bad @@$%# and she want not a damn thing to do with you... but you decide  to try again because you heard some news giving you indication that you have a shot.

Chris is a free agent next year right? So is Deron. Options are there.

Its the same logic y'all used last year/before the decision see how it works?

Not saying... Just Saying. Personally I think he should stay out west if he leaves, he only has to worry about LA for what 2 more years max? then its just OKC. Whereas its a !%*%!#@ Royal Rumble to get through the East from here on out
30t6p3b.gif

Chris is a free agent next year right? So is Deron. Options are there.

Not saying... Just Saying. Personally I think he should stay out west if he leaves, he only has to worry about LA for what 2 more years max? then its just OKC. Whereas its a !%*%!#@ Royal Rumble to get through the East from here on out
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by throwback1718

in my opinion there HAS to be something going on that we dont know about. Why would the Nuggs really continue talking to teams not named the Knicks about creating some sorta trade and continue to be shut down? Why even make the attempt? I think there is some possibility that he told DEN front office that he possibly could think about signing.

Something is just not adding up here atleast in my opinion.

Melo not signing the extension. He would of been in NJ since September
right, but why would they keep this up if its so evident to management that he doesn't wanna sign with them?
its like tryna bag a bad @@$%# and she want not a damn thing to do with you... but you decide  to try again because you heard some news giving you indication that you have a shot.

If that new CBA wasn't going to potentially impact him, I'm guessing he would have zero problem with finishing out the year in Denver and seeing what his options are for free agency. Instead with what's looming, he's wanted out from the summer.

don't blame him, I'd want the money, too.

I find it funny that when we stated this about LeBron last year in terms of him choosing the Bulls or the Knicks a vast majority of you ilk shot that down as a fallacy and said it was B.S. but now that the shoe's on the other foot it makes all the sense in the world no?
fair point. But my and Big J 33 likely would have agreed Chicago was the best place for LeBron based on strictly W's and L's (from the jump). our other fans, cant' speak for.
laugh.gif

We had Amare in the fold before LeBron made any decision, though.

If that new CBA wasn't going to potentially impact him, I'm guessing he would have zero problem with finishing out the year in Denver and seeing what his options are for free agency. Instead with what's looming, he's wanted out from the summer.

don't blame him, I'd want the money, too.

I find it funny that when we stated this about LeBron last year in terms of him choosing the Bulls or the Knicks a vast majority of you ilk shot that down as a fallacy and said it was B.S. but now that the shoe's on the other foot it makes all the sense in the world no?
fair point. But my and Big J 33 likely would have agreed Chicago was the best place for LeBron based on strictly W's and L's (from the jump). our other fans, cant' speak for.
laugh.gif

options aren't guarantees. it's hard to say sign here and then maaaaybe you can play with cp3 or deron. what if deron goes to dallas and cp3 goes to play with dwight

options aren't guarantees. it's hard to say sign here and then maaaaybe you can play with cp3 or deron. what if deron goes to dallas and cp3 goes to play with dwight

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Not when we were having those conversations you all didn't. Hell the season was still going on and free agency hadn't even started yet
laugh.gif

Not when we were having those conversations you all didn't. Hell the season was still going on and free agency hadn't even started yet
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

laugh.gif

I agree...and honestly, what's the difference between Denver and New Jersey (from a winning perspective)?  I honestly think that he wants to get to the NY Metro area for no other reason that his wife is calling the shots.  If Denver moved Billups, and Melo signed an extension...wouldn't they have better pieces already in place (Nene, JR Smith, etc) with the flexibility to possibly lure a CP3 or Deron Williams?  Imma call a spade a spade...winning isn't the top priority in this whole debacle from the Melo camp. 

laugh.gif

I agree...and honestly, what's the difference between Denver and New Jersey (from a winning perspective)?  I honestly think that he wants to get to the NY Metro area for no other reason that his wife is calling the shots.  If Denver moved Billups, and Melo signed an extension...wouldn't they have better pieces already in place (Nene, JR Smith, etc) with the flexibility to possibly lure a CP3 or Deron Williams?  Imma call a spade a spade...winning isn't the top priority in this whole debacle from the Melo camp. 

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._randolph_for_pick_deal_in_place_with_wolves/[/h1]
[h1]Knicks Have Randolph For Pick Deal In Place With Wolves[/h1]Jan 13, 2011 10:54 AM EST

The Knicks have a deal in place to trade Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves in exchange for a first round pick, according to sources.

If New York should trade for Caremlo Anthony, they will include the first round pick and two of the three players between Landry Fields, Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler.

Here's a first round pick for a possible Melo deal

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._randolph_for_pick_deal_in_place_with_wolves/[/h1]
[h1]Knicks Have Randolph For Pick Deal In Place With Wolves[/h1]Jan 13, 2011 10:54 AM EST

The Knicks have a deal in place to trade Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves in exchange for a first round pick, according to sources.

If New York should trade for Caremlo Anthony, they will include the first round pick and two of the three players between Landry Fields, Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler.

How does that make sense for Minnesota?  They are already top heavy at forward?  I don't get it at all....if he can't get minutes w. the Knicks, why would Minnesota give up a lottery pick for a guy who is gonna have to fight to crack the rotation???  No way...

How does that make sense for Minnesota?  They are already top heavy at forward?  I don't get it at all....if he can't get minutes w. the Knicks, why would Minnesota give up a lottery pick for a guy who is gonna have to fight to crack the rotation???  No way...

laugh.gif
I was responding to the person who said Simmons lost credibility, and the "I don't have a problem with that article" was in reference to Simmons and his writing, not necessarily the content. Especially the idea of him on the Clippers, not that I think it will happen.. but it was an interesting idea.
For me, if he doesn't sign with the Knicks, I think he can still care about winning... just not in Jersey. I get the potential for CP3 or Deron, especially since Knicks fans still have that as a "plan" if Melo doesn't happen (which I disagree with, but that's another topic). I'm not proclaiming Melo would never win in Jersey, just that I don't think it makes them a championship caliber team. Plus I don't buy into the whole mystique of this new Nets team all of a sudden. Their owner is overrated, the move to BK isn't for a few years, Lopez has regressed and they'll eventually have to extend him if they want to keep him, they'll have to sign their future draft picks, etc. then have enough money for CP3/D-Will. It's a lot of potential if it comes through, I just think it's a longshot, even by the new standards set by the summer of 2010 (which the Knicks were the victims of as well). 

Mainly, like allen said, if the CBA wasn't going to expire, I highly doubt we would even be talking about this right now. Melo feels the pressure to get his money, clearly regretting not structuring his deal like the rest of the class of 03, and might pick the short term money over the long term success. Hell, if Melo really wants to win and doesn't care about the money, then he makes an announcement he doesn't want to be traded and will wait until free agency, then sign with the Nets and they won't have to give up draft picks and a future great player in Favors. Or he says he'll stay in Denver, then extends with a better deal that gives his team the flexibility to bring in top FA's, etc. I think there are a lot of options for Melo, but this new CBA is the driving force behind it because he wants his money. 

laugh.gif
I was responding to the person who said Simmons lost credibility, and the "I don't have a problem with that article" was in reference to Simmons and his writing, not necessarily the content. Especially the idea of him on the Clippers, not that I think it will happen.. but it was an interesting idea.
For me, if he doesn't sign with the Knicks, I think he can still care about winning... just not in Jersey. I get the potential for CP3 or Deron, especially since Knicks fans still have that as a "plan" if Melo doesn't happen (which I disagree with, but that's another topic). I'm not proclaiming Melo would never win in Jersey, just that I don't think it makes them a championship caliber team. Plus I don't buy into the whole mystique of this new Nets team all of a sudden. Their owner is overrated, the move to BK isn't for a few years, Lopez has regressed and they'll eventually have to extend him if they want to keep him, they'll have to sign their future draft picks, etc. then have enough money for CP3/D-Will. It's a lot of potential if it comes through, I just think it's a longshot, even by the new standards set by the summer of 2010 (which the Knicks were the victims of as well). 

Mainly, like allen said, if the CBA wasn't going to expire, I highly doubt we would even be talking about this right now. Melo feels the pressure to get his money, clearly regretting not structuring his deal like the rest of the class of 03, and might pick the short term money over the long term success. Hell, if Melo really wants to win and doesn't care about the money, then he makes an announcement he doesn't want to be traded and will wait until free agency, then sign with the Nets and they won't have to give up draft picks and a future great player in Favors. Or he says he'll stay in Denver, then extends with a better deal that gives his team the flexibility to bring in top FA's, etc. I think there are a lot of options for Melo, but this new CBA is the driving force behind it because he wants his money. 

Back
Top Bottom