Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

Originally Posted by PMatic

Rockets enter Carmelo derby

As the Nets and Pistons wait for a decision from Denver on the future of Carmelo Anthony, the Houston Rockets have quietly made a push to acquire the All-Star forward, league sources told SI.com.

While the Rockets don't have a franchise talent like New Jersey's Derrick Favors, they can offer cap relief in the expiring contract of Yao Ming ($17.7 million), Shane Battier ($7.4 million) and Jared Jeffries ($6.9 million), as well young talent like leading scorer Kevin Martin or Aaron Brooks, the NBA's 2009-10 Most Improved Player. Houston also has the right to swap draft picks with the Knicks in 2011 and it owns New York's pick outright in 2012.

It is unclear if Anthony would be willing to sign an extension with Houston or if the Rockets are willing to make a deal for Anthony without the extension. Sources told SI.com in August that Anthony would be willing to sign with the Rockets but that was before Yao's season-ending injury.

One source said that while the Rockets were discussing a trade for Anthony they were "not close" to a deal on Monday.

Source
houston-rockets-carmelo-anthony.jpg

Good market, well run organization, complimentary role players, quality coaching. The Rockets are probably Melo's best bet at winning in the long term. Once the Lakers run is over (
frown.gif
), it should be a wide open field compared to the East with the Celtics, Heat and Bulls. Just a matter of convincing the Nuggets to trade within the conference.

pimp.gif

A man can dream, can't he?
frown.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

Rockets enter Carmelo derby

As the Nets and Pistons wait for a decision from Denver on the future of Carmelo Anthony, the Houston Rockets have quietly made a push to acquire the All-Star forward, league sources told SI.com.

While the Rockets don't have a franchise talent like New Jersey's Derrick Favors, they can offer cap relief in the expiring contract of Yao Ming ($17.7 million), Shane Battier ($7.4 million) and Jared Jeffries ($6.9 million), as well young talent like leading scorer Kevin Martin or Aaron Brooks, the NBA's 2009-10 Most Improved Player. Houston also has the right to swap draft picks with the Knicks in 2011 and it owns New York's pick outright in 2012.

It is unclear if Anthony would be willing to sign an extension with Houston or if the Rockets are willing to make a deal for Anthony without the extension. Sources told SI.com in August that Anthony would be willing to sign with the Rockets but that was before Yao's season-ending injury.

One source said that while the Rockets were discussing a trade for Anthony they were "not close" to a deal on Monday.

Source
houston-rockets-carmelo-anthony.jpg

Good market, well run organization, complimentary role players, quality coaching. The Rockets are probably Melo's best bet at winning in the long term. Once the Lakers run is over (
frown.gif
), it should be a wide open field compared to the East with the Celtics, Heat and Bulls. Just a matter of convincing the Nuggets to trade within the conference.

pimp.gif

A man can dream, can't he?
frown.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

They're that one #$##@ who never checks his team, but randomly throws out dumb #$%! trades and gets butthurt when nobody accepts. FOH
laugh.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
there's a dude like this in the NT fantasy basketball league i'm in.

matter of fact, he offered me some trash for Blake Griffin

nerd.gif

They're that one #$##@ who never checks his team, but randomly throws out dumb #$%! trades and gets butthurt when nobody accepts. FOH
laugh.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

laugh.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
Splitter for your Blake, straight up

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

laugh.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
Splitter for your Blake, straight up

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Masai Ujiri (born ca. 1970) is the general manager of the Denver Nuggets of the NBA. A native of Zaria, Nigeria,

It all makes sense now...
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Foul 
roll.gif
roll.gif
  I started rolling when I saw 'Blake Griffin' in the thread title 

• Open in Google Docs Viewer
  • Open link in new tab
  • Open link in new window
  • Open link in new incognito window
  • Download file
  • Copy link address
  • Edit PDF File on PDFescape.com

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Masai Ujiri (born ca. 1970) is the general manager of the Denver Nuggets of the NBA. A native of Zaria, Nigeria,

It all makes sense now...
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Foul 
roll.gif
roll.gif
  I started rolling when I saw 'Blake Griffin' in the thread title 

• Open in Google Docs Viewer
  • Open link in new tab
  • Open link in new window
  • Open link in new incognito window
  • Download file
  • Copy link address
  • Edit PDF File on PDFescape.com

Glad to know I'm not the only one who started busting out laughing when I read Blake Griffin. We already knew Denver's FO was over their heads but these dudes are on some other #$$+ now.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Cake's Nigerian post
roll.gif
roll.gif
COMEDY.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who started busting out laughing when I read Blake Griffin. We already knew Denver's FO was over their heads but these dudes are on some other #$$+ now.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Cake's Nigerian post
roll.gif
roll.gif
COMEDY.

This is really becoming a *@%%!%$ circus. Really!!!! Blake Griffin!!!!!! Not happening. Nets, Denver management and Melo are looking real dumb right now

Back
Top Bottom