Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

the pressure is on him to win something. when we go on that first three game losing streak because everyone is tired and we have no depth, i don't want to hear anyone blaming dantoni. he's getting the blame. because he could have come to a better team if he played it right. no denying that.

Regardless if he says anything or not we would be shorthanded this year anyways, we won't win anything regardless.

The depth comes next year, role players will want to come here on the cheap to play with Melo/Stat. This is not an overnight thing but I'm sure you're aware of that.

the pressure is on him to win something. when we go on that first three game losing streak because everyone is tired and we have no depth, i don't want to hear anyone blaming dantoni. he's getting the blame. because he could have come to a better team if he played it right. no denying that.

Regardless if he says anything or not we would be shorthanded this year anyways, we won't win anything regardless.

The depth comes next year, role players will want to come here on the cheap to play with Melo/Stat. This is not an overnight thing but I'm sure you're aware of that.

denverairforce- I wasn't being sarcastic, the denver FO gets alot of credit from me for those things

to the other point, he didn't want to burn any bridges. I agree with you

so he was polite to new jersey and polite to the nuggets

the only problem is, his new team gets to bend over and get screwed because of him having no balls and wanting to be loved by everyone

denverairforce- I wasn't being sarcastic, the denver FO gets alot of credit from me for those things

to the other point, he didn't want to burn any bridges. I agree with you

so he was polite to new jersey and polite to the nuggets

the only problem is, his new team gets to bend over and get screwed because of him having no balls and wanting to be loved by everyone

Originally Posted by DubA169

explain to me who we are bidding against
you're bidding against NJ and yourselves.  if yo udon't give up enough for the Nuggets, and the Nuggets tell Melo "NY won't offer what we want, so NJ is the only trade we're willing to sign off on, take it or leave it." do you really think Melo will walk out on 65 million dollars?  no, he won't.  and he has never said he wouldn't play for NJ.  he just hasn't said he would, either, because he wants NY.  but if NY falls through, NJ is still a decent option for him, and staying in Denver seems unlikely. 

$$$$ > _____

and to follow your last post, it's not that he's tryign to be polite, it's that he still wants the option of going to NJ if the NY deal doesn't work out, that's why he hasn't burned any bridges. 

explain to me who we are bidding against
you're bidding against NJ and yourselves.  if yo udon't give up enough for the Nuggets, and the Nuggets tell Melo "NY won't offer what we want, so NJ is the only trade we're willing to sign off on, take it or leave it." do you really think Melo will walk out on 65 million dollars?  no, he won't.  and he has never said he wouldn't play for NJ.  he just hasn't said he would, either, because he wants NY.  but if NY falls through, NJ is still a decent option for him, and staying in Denver seems unlikely. 

$$$$ > _____

and to follow your last post, it's not that he's tryign to be polite, it's that he still wants the option of going to NJ if the NY deal doesn't work out, that's why he hasn't burned any bridges. 

why would a role player want to come to the knicks? we will just try to ship him out for someone better

why would a role player want to come to the knicks? we will just try to ship him out for someone better

http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo

@SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears

Y! Sports: Nugs asked for inclusion of Mosgov in NYK deal Saturday. NYK could get Melo now by putting rookie in, but has declined for now.

6 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] Favorite Retweet Reply

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Karl Prefers New York Offer, Front Office Likes Nets' Deal[/h3]
Feb 21, 2011 15:50 PM EST

Karl_George_den_091106.jpg

The Nuggets have an internal disagreement over which trade proposal for Carmelo Anthony to accept.

George Karl prefers the offer from the Knicks, while the front office is inclined to accept the offer from New Jersey.

Karl would like to accept New York's offer because the team would have a greater opportunity to remain competitive.

Karl still hasn't signed a two-year extension to remain as head coach of the Nuggets.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/39788095054430208

As the world turns...

http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo

@SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears

Y! Sports: Nugs asked for inclusion of Mosgov in NYK deal Saturday. NYK could get Melo now by putting rookie in, but has declined for now.

6 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji] Favorite Retweet Reply

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Karl Prefers New York Offer, Front Office Likes Nets' Deal[/h3]
Feb 21, 2011 15:50 PM EST

Karl_George_den_091106.jpg

The Nuggets have an internal disagreement over which trade proposal for Carmelo Anthony to accept.

George Karl prefers the offer from the Knicks, while the front office is inclined to accept the offer from New Jersey.

Karl would like to accept New York's offer because the team would have a greater opportunity to remain competitive.

Karl still hasn't signed a two-year extension to remain as head coach of the Nuggets.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/39788095054430208

As the world turns...

What franchise doesn't do that, that is why they are role players.
laugh.gif

NBA is nothing but a business, who cares about the players feelings they still make their money.

#justsaying

What franchise doesn't do that, that is why they are role players.
laugh.gif

NBA is nothing but a business, who cares about the players feelings they still make their money.

#justsaying

maybe the man's people surrounding him (advisors, agents, etc) told him to not give an outright statement to anything. These dudes aren't the only ones in the mix.
They have people telling them what and what not to do. It ALL doesn't fall on one man's shoulders even though he's the only one in the spotlight.

If that man comes, you bet I'd still be rooting for him no matter what. He's on my squad and that's all that matters.

The only person I'd boo on my squad is Eddy Curry.

maybe the man's people surrounding him (advisors, agents, etc) told him to not give an outright statement to anything. These dudes aren't the only ones in the mix.
They have people telling them what and what not to do. It ALL doesn't fall on one man's shoulders even though he's the only one in the spotlight.

If that man comes, you bet I'd still be rooting for him no matter what. He's on my squad and that's all that matters.

The only person I'd boo on my squad is Eddy Curry.

NYK could get Melo now by putting rookie in, but has declined for now.

They of course mean Landry Fields right?

Isn't Fields kind of more valuable at this point than Mozgov? I know bigs need to cherished, but Fields has been playing GREAT.

Isn't Fields kind of more valuable at this point than Mozgov? I know bigs need to cherished, but Fields has been playing GREAT.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Moz.

Fields is great, but the Knicks lack front court size/depth more than anything. The Knicks really want Amare to play PF with Melo at SF, and they're reluctant to lose a young and relatively cheap big.

Moz.

Fields is great, but the Knicks lack front court size/depth more than anything. The Knicks really want Amare to play PF with Melo at SF, and they're reluctant to lose a young and relatively cheap big.

mez i meant a player coming for less

like someone who decides that they want to play with melo and amare for a chance at something special. at that point i think most would choose miami, boston, lakers over us. knowing that we will just use them to try and get the next big free agent

mez i meant a player coming for less

like someone who decides that they want to play with melo and amare for a chance at something special. at that point i think most would choose miami, boston, lakers over us. knowing that we will just use them to try and get the next big free agent

This is all too, too funny
laugh.gif
The future of the franchise could be on the line and where's our owner you ask??

Heli-skiing in Canada.
laugh.gif

In Proky, we trust.

This is all too, too funny
laugh.gif
The future of the franchise could be on the line and where's our owner you ask??

Heli-skiing in Canada.
laugh.gif

In Proky, we trust.

overall, Fields is the best player in the rumored deals, but Denver has two solid players at that position, yet are sorely lacking in the front court.  I can see why Mozgov is more important than Fields at this point, but I would rather Fields because he's the type of guy you want to add to the mix when rebuilding (hard working, good character type guy). 

Back
Top Bottom