Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo is Officially a Knick)

how exactly do the Knicks plan to sign any player like CP or DW once they have 2 max contract players on their team in Melo and Amare?

I'm amazed that Denver's FO was able to pit NY and NJ against each other in all of this so effectively. and please believe it's not the rookies doing this work, it's Stan and Bret, pulling the strings....

denver's FO was able to pit new york and new jersey at each other because melo is all about melo and dolan is an idiot

denver's FO was able to pit new york and new jersey at each other because melo is all about melo and dolan is an idiot

who's Melo supposed to be all about? Denver's FO has done an admittedly good job thus far in a very difficult and unfortunate situation. give credit where due.

who's Melo supposed to be all about? Denver's FO has done an admittedly good job thus far in a very difficult and unfortunate situation. give credit where due.

Originally Posted by PMatic

So the Nuggets would end up with Ray Felton, Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer, two first round picks and save a lot of money in the process.

Pretty nice come up.

Yep, actually 2 1st rders from NJ, and NY's 2014 1st rder (or a 1st rder from Minny via an AR trade, we don't know for sure yet)

Nene, Martin, JR, and maybe even Felton next to go. Complete makeover
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

So the Nuggets would end up with Ray Felton, Wilson Chandler, Corey Brewer, two first round picks and save a lot of money in the process.

Pretty nice come up.

Yep, actually 2 1st rders from NJ, and NY's 2014 1st rder (or a 1st rder from Minny via an AR trade, we don't know for sure yet)

Nene, Martin, JR, and maybe even Felton next to go. Complete makeover
pimp.gif

melo should have said he has absolutley no intention of signing with the nets.

then new york doesn't need to bid against them. boom problem solved.

i give credit to the front office for knowing melo is 100% about that paper, knowing dolan would cave, and using the nets to do the dirty work for them

i give credit to the front office for knowing melo is 100% about that paper, knowing dolan would cave, and using the nets to do the dirty work for them

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Denver's FO looks pretty good right now. And I was mad that Melo wanted to leave my city but hey at least he left us with a few parting gifts and didnt "Lebron" us. So my repect level for Melo went way up, and the fact he got NJ and NYK to get into a bidding war is out right beautiful. Props to Melo and our FO.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Denver's FO looks pretty good right now. And I was mad that Melo wanted to leave my city but hey at least he left us with a few parting gifts and didnt "Lebron" us. So my repect level for Melo went way up, and the fact he got NJ and NYK to get into a bidding war is out right beautiful. Props to Melo and our FO.

I don't see why Melo should have to say anything, not like he owes NY anything. He just wants the $$$ as any young athlete does.

At this point what are we losing if we do not have Moz, he has contributer nothing.

I don't see why Melo should have to say anything, not like he owes NY anything. He just wants the $$$ as any young athlete does.

At this point what are we losing if we do not have Moz, he has contributer nothing.

DubA - maybe that's not true. maybe he would sign with the Nets if that was his only option to get his extension aside from staying in Denver. he's not as stupid as you think, he knows not to burn any bridges in this process. he's leaving all options open until he is forced to make a decision, period.

and yes, exactly what you just said in your last sentence, that is why the FO should get credit. they are (hopefully) turning a hopeless situation into something that gets us to our goal (get younger, shed salary, get draft picks).

jhob (long time man!) - I agree, at least he isn't Lebroning us.  and unlike the Cavs, we have some really good players aside from Melo.  and aside from Chauncey.  we're not a playoff team without those guys, but we're not a lotto team either.  just gotta move forward and build. 

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

^this

DubA - maybe that's not true. maybe he would sign with the Nets if that was his only option to get his extension aside from staying in Denver. he's not as stupid as you think, he knows not to burn any bridges in this process. he's leaving all options open until he is forced to make a decision, period.

and yes, exactly what you just said in your last sentence, that is why the FO should get credit. they are (hopefully) turning a hopeless situation into something that gets us to our goal (get younger, shed salary, get draft picks).

jhob (long time man!) - I agree, at least he isn't Lebroning us.  and unlike the Cavs, we have some really good players aside from Melo.  and aside from Chauncey.  we're not a playoff team without those guys, but we're not a lotto team either.  just gotta move forward and build. 

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

^this

Originally Posted by DubA169

^ this is it and for the first few weeks he's in orange and blue I will be booing him. That nice and sweet act has to go. I really just wish from the jump he would have just said no and no. NYK and nothing else, I'll finish the year in Denver if I have to but I'm only going to NYK. But nah, son has to be a fa**ot just like he was when he tried slapping and running against the Knicks a few years ago

^ this is it and for the first few weeks he's in orange and blue I will be booing him. That nice and sweet act has to go. I really just wish from the jump he would have just said no and no. NYK and nothing else, I'll finish the year in Denver if I have to but I'm only going to NYK. But nah, son has to be a fa**ot just like he was when he tried slapping and running against the Knicks a few years ago

that's cool he doesn't have to owe the knicks anything.But common sense dictates that he would like to come to a team with as much help as possible, right?

the pressure is on him to win something. when we go on that first three game losing streak because everyone is tired and we have no depth, i don't want to hear anyone blaming dantoni. he's getting the blame. because he could have come to a better team if he played it right. no denying that.

you're cool with having no center? the hardest position to find in the sport? for no particular reason? gonna be fun watching amare get busted at the center position? explain to me who we are bidding against

that's cool he doesn't have to owe the knicks anything.But common sense dictates that he would like to come to a team with as much help as possible, right?

the pressure is on him to win something. when we go on that first three game losing streak because everyone is tired and we have no depth, i don't want to hear anyone blaming dantoni. he's getting the blame. because he could have come to a better team if he played it right. no denying that.

you're cool with having no center? the hardest position to find in the sport? for no particular reason? gonna be fun watching amare get busted at the center position? explain to me who we are bidding against

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

melo should have said he has absolutely no intention of signing with the nets.

lol, you're going to boo the player you've been pining over for 6 months? lmao, Knicks fans are too much.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

melo should have said he has absolutely no intention of signing with the nets.

lol, you're going to boo the player you've been pining over for 6 months? lmao, Knicks fans are too much.

Back
Top Bottom